Member Bio's?

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light? If you have a personal favorite theory, that is in someway related to the Electric Universe, this is where it can be posted.
Lloyd

Member Bio's?

Unread post by Lloyd » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:49 pm

Since Mo died recently, I thought it might be good if we could know a little more about each other before we go too.

So, if that's okay, I'll start.

I lived in Illinois near St. Louis most of my life. I'll be 73 in January. I have six younger siblings who live in the area too. Most of them have a few kids each. I don't. I did family tree work in the 90's and learned that we have a few thousand relatives, whose names I copied down (computers were a big help for that). Our ancestors go back to the 1200's in England, 1500's in France, 1600's in Germany and the 1700's in Ireland/Scotland and North America [native Osage]. My siblings and I are ca. 87.5% German (-American).

My college suitemate was an art student and his teacher asked the class to read Velikovsky's book, Worlds in Collision. And he showed it to me. That was in 1969. Dave Talbott told me in 2007 that he first read Velikovsky in 1968, the year before I did. Dave and Wal Thornhill are about 6 years older than I am. Dwardu Cardona first read Velikovsky in about 1959, as I recall. I subscribed to Talbott's Pensee' magazines in the 1970's and to Kronos magazine after that. There were a few after that, like Aeon, but I only got a few of them. Then in the late 90's there was Thoth online magazine, which is still available online. It took me quite a while before I realized that Talbott and Cardona had a different theory than Velikovsky had, i.e. the Saturn Theory. Velikovsky's was a Venus and Mars Theory.

I was virtually drafted into the Vietnam War catastrophe from late 69 to 70. I returned to the farm afterward and a restaurant business for a while. Then I joined the back to the land movement for a few years. I tried veganism and got a nutrition degree and then got into herbs and added fish and poultry to my diet, and supplements. James Sloane is the most knowledgeable person I know on health matters. In the 90's I pursued a teaching degree, but didn't finish. I favor home schooling. Then I helped my brother with organic farming, which flopped financially. I was politically active for a few years after that. I think the smartest person on economics is probably Roger Mitchell who writes on Monetary Sovereignty at MythFighter.com. But he's not so smart on politics, IMO. Politics is all controlled by the rich and their fighting against each other is all make-believe, IMO, as Miles Mathis explains at MilesWMathis.com Updates.

I was glad to see this forum get started in 2007. I did a few interviews of some of the members back then. The forum crashed in early 2008, so it started over at that time, although a number of good threads from the first one were rescued. Michael Gmirkin was the most prolific poster for a couple years or so, but he didn't keep it up. Dean Ward, aka Junglelord, was another prolific poster, but he soon died too young. I might be the top poster by now, though I only post about twice a week usually. Nereid was an opponent who was posting way too much on the forum for a while, close to ten years ago, so Dave Smith had to make a rule that no one could post more than six times a day, because Nereid was starting to take over all the main threads. Dave Talbott tried to start a productive discussion with Nereid on the forum, but I think nothing came of it. Nereid was kind of a troll from BAUT or somewhere like that. Charles Chandler is my favorite EU expert. And is Webolife still around? I don't know if he ever joined this 3.0 version of the forum, though he stayed till near the end of the 2.0 version, which ended at the end of 2019. Right?

Lloyd

Re: Member Bio's?

Unread post by Lloyd » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:33 pm

I guess everyone here but me is bashful, or else the thread title isn't catchy enough, or else others don't have interesting info about themselves to share. To me it's interesting to know where members are from etc. I already know where some members are from. Members' interests are also interesting to know about. ETC.

JP Michael

Unread post by JP Michael » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:49 am

Or maybe some of us don't want our histories available for viewing by certain totalitarian authorities.

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:40 pm

I'll give the short version about myself:
I started out during the second big war in 1942 in Queens NY.
My dad was in the Navy, on a mine sweeper based in Brooklyn.
Early education was Catholic schools through high school, then I attended
public Jr College in Farmingdale Long Island where I took electrical technology.

Those two years landed me a job with IBM in Manhattan fixing IBM machines.
I worked in the Federal Reserve Bank on Wall St where I maintained 60 card machines.
They were called "unit record" machines which used the punch cards that later produced
the "hanging chads" in a Florida presidential election. :lol:
In the bank basement there was lots of gold. Many countries had their own big metal cages where workers
moved gold bars from one to the other on pallets using small fork lifts as the countries traded gold around.
That was before Nixon took us off the gold standard.

Then I headed west to attend the University of Arizona.
After starting in Engineering, I ended up with a degree in business management.
Living in the sixties made it hard to focus on differential equations and physics. :D
I've been in Tucson almost all these years working for myself doing light construction, home repairs and now
mostly as a handyman for friends. I have a wife and two children (one in college, one graduated).
I managed to build my own house and remodeled a couple more that we have as rentals.

About ten years ago I stumbled upon the Electric Universe and continue to follow the slow moving train
of plasma physics moving toward the light. I focus mostly on our sun and how it works.
I believe the Electric Universe ideas are basically correct but incomplete. Saying the sun "discharges " to the heliosphere
without details and without an explanation of the three part sun (photosphere, chromosphere, corona) is not enough.
I think this is why the Electric Universe and plasma astrophysics is still being mostly ignored by the main stream.
They will not throw out what they have until there is complete evidence for a new paradigm shift.
A more complete electric sun picture would force their hand.
Of course, I recognize their jobs and money reluctance as well.

Back to the forum and constructive discussion.
Jack

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:16 am

Thanks for sharing, JacMac. That's interesting to me. I went and invited others at one of the threads you post on to come share here too. I hope my post there doesn't get banned for not supporting Thornhill's and Scott's models much. I agree that the universe is electric, but not powered by external filaments, but instead by internal batteries.

JP, you've already shared enough on other threads for the authoritarians to get wind of you, so I don't know that you could get in any hotter water here.