Pollack's flawed thinking diverts attention away from deeper flaws

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light? If you have a personal favorite theory, that is in someway related to the Electric Universe, this is where it can be posted.
jimmcginn

Pollack's flawed thinking diverts attention away from deeper flaws

Unread post by jimmcginn » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:25 pm

BipedalJoe wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:43 pm What he (Pollack) has proven, though, is that water at surfaces is forced into a dense solid phase.
This phase, to be denser than water (the normal solid phase is not) ejects the protons that link the molecular ice sheets vertically.
Pollack is very confused. As an expert on this subject (#1 In the world!) I can describe the conceptual error that Pollack is making. More significantly, I can describe this error from the perspective of the deeply flawed paradigm that is dominant in academia--something for which Pollack is naively unaware. And this results in Pollacks thinking serving to draw attention away from the public realizing how deeply flawed is the current paradigm.

First you have to understand how it is obvious to me that Pollack is confused. Pollack is confused because the current paradigm is bullshit and he doesn't get that. He is naive, gullible, just like the rest of the public and his efforts do nothing but bolster false confidence in the flawed thinking of the current paradigm. Let me explain. (Pay attention.) The current paradigm assumes that the H2O molecule is comparable to a permanent dipole magnet. A permanent dipole magnet would/could never have the low viscosity that we see in liquid water below the surface. So the assumption that H2O molecule is comparable to a permanent dipole magnet is, at best, only partially true. On the surface of bulk water we do see water molecules acting like a permanent dipole magnets. These observations are why we say liquid H2O has “surface tension.”

So, do you see Pollack's confusion? Pollack can't see that the emperor is naked. The people pushing the current paradigm have a model that is BLATANTLY CONTRADICTED by the most trivial of evidence--the low viscosity of liquid H2O. And Pollack doesn’t see this. Do you see it? If not, you need to slow down, remove your head from your lower orifice, and consider the implications of this. Think about it. The phonies pushing their "scientific" model are presenting a model that is BLATANTLY CONTRADICTED by the most trivial of evidence and Pollack is too dimwitted to notice it. So Pollack, in his confusion, puts forth a hypothesis that purports to explain what the current paradigm already explains--the structural properties of H2O--that are already explained by the fact that H2O is (mistakenly) considered (by the dopes pushing the current paradigm) to be a permanent dipole magnet. So, Pollacks poorly considered thinking on water does nothing but give people false confidence that the highly flawed thinking of the current paradigm isn't the shit storm that it actually is. Pollack is not accomplishing anything but diverting attention away from what is a deeply flawed paradigm. He is just adding to the confusion.

Pollack doesn’t realize that Linus Pauling made a huge error when he designated--way back in the 1950s--that the H2O molecule is comparable to a permanent dipole magnet. Pauling failed because he didn’t understand quantum mechanics. And this prevented him from realizing that although the H2O molecule is not a permanent dipole magnet but a highly variable dipole magnet, as I explain in my videos (see links to my paradigm busting videos below).

My theoretical improvements will be seen as one of the greatest breakthroughs in the history of science because it will allow us to recognize that elasticity of the H2O molecule as being the basis for the plasma of vortices that spin up on wind shear boundaries to thereby explain the physical processes of storms which are so poorly explained by the current joke called the convection model of storm theory.

The Mechanism of H2O Polarity Neutralization
https://youtu.be/bs73A9mSvQo

Why H2O Polarity is Variable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzkxdWWg3HU

James McGinn / Genius

JP Michael

Re: Pollack's flawed thinking diverts attention away from deeper flaws

Unread post by JP Michael » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:06 am

This post could have been improved by means of:

1. Less swearing/abuse.
2. Less hubris.

By the way, Jim, and this is a serious enquiry: what kind of chemistry bonds are binding 4 hydrogen atoms to an oxygen in your polarity model of H2O? Dipole theory can at the very least assert 2x covalent bonds (H-O-H) in water, whose respective bond angles (109.5 [104.45]) may account for the overall dipole by which the chemically much weaker van der Waals forces may orient individual H2O molecules according to their respective dipole moments. As you say, this kind of non-covalent dipole moment bonding probably does not adequately account for water's low viscosity (although maybe paladin17 or Higgsy might like to chip in with more on that).

Now I did send you LaFreniere's wave-theory chemistry of bond angles, but I think even his system has some explaining to do regarding non-covalent bonding between individual water molecules (although his wave-theory of electrons and protons offers significant advantages to other atomic theories).

Why should hydrogen, already bonded covalently, also bond non-covalently with oxygen, and what electromagnetic mechanism(s) form or destroy those bonds, resulting specifically in water's viscosity?

Higgsy

Unread post by Higgsy » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:57 am

JP Michael wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:06 am As you say, this kind of non-covalent dipole moment bonding probably does not adequately account for water's low viscosity (although maybe paladin17 or Higgsy might like to chip in with more on that).
Sorry, this is a subject on which I have zero expertise.
"Why would the conservation of charge even matter?" - Cargo

jimmcginn

Unread post by jimmcginn » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:34 am

JP Michael wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:06 am serious enquiry: what kind of chemistry bonds are binding 4 hydrogen atoms to an oxygen in your polarity model of H2O?
I don't get the point of your question. Isn't the answer obvious? Seriously.
Dipole theory can at the very least assert 2x covalent bonds (H-O-H) in water, whose respective bond angles (109.5 [104.45]) may account for the overall dipole by which the chemically much weaker van der Waals forces may orient individual H2O molecules according to their respective dipole moments.
Well, I think the phrase "dipole moment" might partially be what underlies the confused (and wrong) belief that the H2O molecule is comparable to a permanent dipole magnet. I think it is more accurate to refer to there being an electrical gradient that, if unopposed, will cause the molecule to produce a polar force.
As you say, this kind of non-covalent dipole moment bonding probably does not adequately account for water's low viscosity
Right, they failed to take into account that as hydrogen bonds are formed both of the respective H2O molecules that are forming the bond bring their own electrical gradients that directly oppose those from the molecule to whom with which they are forming the bond, cancelling out the polar force, and thereby explaining the low viscosity of liquid water. This also helps us understand why the most dense form of H2O is the form with the lowest viscosity, which is exactly the opposite of how most liquids act.
Now I did send you LaFreniere's wave-theory chemistry of bond angles, but I think even his system has some explaining to do regarding non-covalent bonding between individual water molecules
It might be a good test to see if his theory can predict better than the current model.
Why should hydrogen, already bonded covalently, also bond non-covalently with oxygen,
and what electromagnetic mechanism(s) form or destroy those bonds, resulting specifically in water's very low viscosity?
Opposing electrical gradients cancel each other.
More here:
The Water Taboo
https://anchor.fm/james-mcginn/episodes ... boo-eog5ov

James McGinn / Solving Tornadoes

jimmcginn

Unread post by jimmcginn » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:09 pm

Highlighted comment
James McGinn
James McGinn
1 day ago
In ten years Pollack's nonsense shows no change.
This is the worst kind of pseudoscience. Pollack's model on H2O is vague, meaningless, untested and untestable.
To make any progress on the confusion that surrounds this subject rather than just adding to the confusion--which is all Pollack is doing here--you have to address the underlying assumptions that have rendered academia feckless. Academia in general has proven themselves incompetent in this respect, but Pollack never makes any dent in this greater academic delusion.
I am the world's #1 expert on H2O. What everybody including Pollack missed about H2O is that it is both a polar molecule and a solvent of it's own (each other's ) polarity.
Along with the rest of humanity, Pollack's failure to grasp the fact that H2O is not just a polar molecule but also a molecule that acts as a solvent on it's adjacent H2O molecules is the reason his theoretical thinking is such a mess of confused conjectures and worthless speculation.
To get to the truth on H2O go to YouTube and do a search on this phrase: The Most Devastatingly Subtle Misconception in the Whole Dang History of Science
James McGinn / Genius

@Sinal co
Two of Seven September 2022
https://anchor.fm/james-mcginn/episodes ... /a-a8irs06