What happens to an electric coil?

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light? If you have a personal favorite theory, that is in someway related to the Electric Universe, this is where it can be posted.
crawler

What happens to an electric coil?

Unread post by crawler » Tue May 19, 2020 1:10 am

If a steady dc electric current passes along a long coil what are the forces in the coil.
Does the diameter want to get smaller or larger?
Does the length want to get smaller or larger?

If parallel wires with the same current attract then the coil dia must want to get larger, & i have seen a book that says that that has been seen experimentally. Ok that makes sense.

Similarly then the coil length must want to shorten. But has this been proven? I have never seen any mention.
STR is krapp -- & GTR is mostly krapp.
The present Einsteinian Dark Age of science will soon end – for the times they are a-changin'.
The aether will return – it never left.

EtherQuestions

Re: What happens to an electric coil?

Unread post by EtherQuestions » Thu May 21, 2020 10:22 pm

crawler wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:10 am

If parallel wires with the same current attract then the coil dia must want to get larger, & i have seen a book that says that that has been seen experimentally. Ok that makes sense.
There is a geometry where this pinch effect of parallel wires stops and the attraction ceases (I believe it is 38 degrees), this was the basis of the Robert Moon atomic structure theory based on geometric shapes.
"Considering there is no reactive force even considered in the interaction between mass and space in General Relativity's space-curvature field equations, even though both can likewise act on one another, it is therefore in direct violation of Newton's 3rd Law of Motion."