Joe Rogan - Brian Greene

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light? If you have a personal favorite theory, that is in someway related to the Electric Universe, this is where it can be posted.
Open Mind

Joe Rogan - Brian Greene

Unread post by Open Mind » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:55 pm

here is the vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4wQsmAtZoc

Here's my problem. I have no where near enough comprehension of the electric universe, and yet its managed to plant a seed of doubt in me about the mainstream paradigm, so I only get like 3 mins in to a vid like the above and I suffer waves of frustration because of how much of what Brian is talking about is built on concepts that the EU has sufficiently undermined. And yet its a convo that he is having without any of the humble presentation of it only being a 'theory' AND its getting this massive bump from the most mainstream source - Joe Rogan.

So I"m suffering reminiscence of a past more simple time when I didn't have any giant paradigm affecting beliefs. So can some of you give some of this a listen, only a bit if you want, and help me though this challenging conflict of exhaustion from having to remain open to idea's that, while seeming to make sense, offer absolutely no mainstream comforts and reassurance from.

I'm not a cosmologist or electrical engineer, so sufficient comprehension of these concepts to draw any comfort from is held away from me at full stiff arm's reach. Reassure me please..

paladin17

Re: Joe Rogan - Brian Greene

Unread post by paladin17 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:16 am

If you seek for truth and wisdom, comfort and reassurance is the last thing you might expect to get.

jacmac

Re: Joe Rogan - Brian Greene

Unread post by jacmac » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:14 pm

Brian Green:
at 2:15
there wouldn't be any structure in the universe if it wasn't for the force of gravity
One can come up with all kinds of ideas if the electromagnetic force in space is denied.
I find it very frustrating when people think you need to be a scientist to question some of their most ridiculous ideas.
I guess I was lucky to not believe in the Big Bang Theory many years before I became exposed to the E U material.

The universe is 99.9% plasma.
Plasma is a different state of matter than gas because of its charged particle content.
YET....wait for it......., " there is no electricity in space or,..... it doesn't do anything."

Open Mind:
without any of the humble presentation of it only being a 'theory'
A theory, in science, is the highest level an idea or model can become.
You might have meant ......without any of the humble presentation of a hypothesis.

Welcome aboard.