Are the planets growing?

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light? If you have a personal favorite theory, that is in someway related to the Electric Universe, this is where it can be posted.
allynh

Re: Are the planets growing?

Unread post by allynh » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:41 pm

As the Earth Grew, the shallow seas that covered much of the continents drained into the deep oceans that opened up, so it's not that there was more water, it's that the land rose above the ancient seas.

Remember, the crust is not static. it's constantly changing. Sea level has probably been static for a 100k years, with the coastlines rising and falling around the world at the same time.

The theory of the Ice Ages, with two miles of ice sitting on the Northern Continents does not hold water, pun intended.

allynh

Unread post by allynh » Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:05 am

The ocean science community must put science before stigma with anomalous phenomena
https://thehill.com/opinion/technology/ ... phenomena/

The key part from the article:
While flying their F/A-18F Super Hornet aircraft, they initially observed an area of roiling whitewater on the ocean surface below them. Hovering just above that was a “white Tic Tac looking” UAP.
This was clearly a plasma event, with the water "roiling" where the plasma column hit the water. The white "tic tac" was probably water vapor in a pinch. If this were over land they would find blobs of metal alloys transmuted from the water vapor.

The Truth about Those "Alien Alloys" in The New York Times UFO Story
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ufo-story/

This is just like when the sprites were seen in the upper atmosphere. Rather than do science on an observed phenomenon, pilots get shunned for reporting something odd in the atmosphere.

Mystery of the Red Sprites
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brh--gYjZts

This is all just another form of plasma in the atmosphere.

JoeB

Unread post by JoeB » Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:07 pm

Without proof of where the mass comes from a hollow Earth is not necessary, because nobody can explain where the big bang mass comes from.
There is no possible cause for the big bang dot, existing or exploding. With a growing planet, there obviously is a cause of some sort. The big bang is a miracle.

How does a miracle make more sense than a knowable unknown, which we can see before our eyes but are not sure how it is happening?

It's as if you believe your theories can falsify reality, rather than reality falsifying your theories.

The person who said that continental drift must be disproven is also wrong. Any ocean floor over 300 million years is wild speculation.

Consensus is the only evidence that makes either of the establishment ideas superior. Logically the crazy ideas are more correct. But consensus just means the ability to get funding, and get published in "respectable (approved) journals" so it's not really science that we are talking about.

JoeB

Unread post by JoeB » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:19 am

Also, if the Earth were hollow, gravity would have decreased instead of increased. Therefore, matter is being created, and the big bang miracle is even more false.

spark

Unread post by spark » Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:00 am

Peter Woodhead explains how the earth expands without requiring any significant mass increase.
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swCnPOi5qOU
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iIWYYNkgJQ

Increase in earths gravity has to do with increase in earths capacitance as it expands. Gravity is electric.
https://www.checktheevidence.com/wordpr ... y-mystery/ (Scroll to "Capacitance and Gravity".)
Wal Thornhill on Dipole Electric Gravity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvfFJiUWuDk
Fredrik Nygaard on Dipole Electric Gravity: https://www.checktheevidence.com/wordpr ... ing-earth/

johnm33

Unread post by johnm33 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:15 am

A possibility for the mass/gravity prolem is that all the planets and moons have iron cores inherited from their parent star, it's the EM potential of that iron that allows them to find a slot in the hydrodynamic flux around other planets or the sun and maintain an orbit. The ionised iron core slowly breaks down and over time becomes more or less saturated with hydrogen ions/protons adding to the density and charge potential without increasing volume. This 'body' has a strong repulsive effect on all the atomic nuclei nearby, reducing with distance, and has a more or less single layer of 'electrons' as a shared shell. When subject to electrical or kinetic shock of sufficient magnitude there can be a massive breakout of H+ which immediately create a whole range of solvents in situe at supercritical temps/pressures these create a range of exothermic reactions many of which are further catalysed by the platinum group metals in the layer surrounding the core. I suspect the two hot 'blobs' within the Earth were created like this. Sufficient heat will be created by the exothermic reactions to liquify all the platinum group metals, and many others, and these will migrate upwards as cracks form often being carried in hydrogen based solvents as ore bodies. There may be a series of expansive events before any equilibrium is reached, but when things settle the iron core will be somewhat smaller through melt and conversion to a different crystaline structure and it will also be depleted of it's H+ 'reserves' and thus be considerably less repulsive, plus the surface will have retreated somewhat.
Consider that perhaps SiO4 is present in quantity near the outer core boundary and the introduction of H+ alters the compound to H4Si which is a solvent, H2O similarly and SiO2 dissolved within the H2O and the silica flows upwards as a superheated liquid carrying dissolved P.group metals and actually bursting forth from the surface, immediately turning to vapour and fine sand adding a whole ocean of water to the surface.

JoeB

Unread post by JoeB » Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:04 pm

Open Mind wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:49 pm
Hollow earth is a necessary conclusion without any explanation for where the mass comes from.
Why would you purposely make a false conclusion, or make a guess because you didn't have the explanation?

What you said is a false statement... the Big Bang Miracle has a worse problem - there is no possible cause or explanation. And something with no cause means it takes zero energy to happen, so what happened once should be happening all the time. It is just a miracle. You could just as well use the same logic as the big bang miracle proponents, and say that there are little big bangs happening inside planets. Your reasoning is flawed.

:lol: Why are you allowed to have miracles in your theories but I'm not? :lol:

Even if it were correct, I have seen many theories about mass creation. Here goes one now:

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... ding_Earth

So pick one, or don't. I think it's flawed to pick something like "hollow earth" or any choice as to what is causing the matter creation, or any other choice in life, just because you have to choose something, because it is just choosing to believe things while having no idea whether they are true or not. That is called faith and religion. It defies all logic.

The true answer is that you don't know.

Open Mind

Unread post by Open Mind » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:00 pm

JoeB wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:04 pm
Open Mind wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:49 pm
Hollow earth is a necessary conclusion without any explanation for where the mass comes from.
Why would you purposely make a false conclusion, or make a guess because you didn't have the explanation?

What you said is a false statement... the Big Bang Miracle has a worse problem - there is no possible cause or explanation. And something with no cause means it takes zero energy to happen, so what happened once should be happening all the time. It is just a miracle. You could just as well use the same logic as the big bang miracle proponents, and say that there are little big bangs happening inside planets. Your reasoning is flawed.

:lol: Why are you allowed to have miracles in your theories but I'm not? :lol:

Even if it were correct, I have seen many theories about mass creation. Here goes one now:

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... ding_Earth

So pick one, or don't. I think it's flawed to pick something like "hollow earth" or any choice as to what is causing the matter creation, or any other choice in life, just because you have to choose something, because it is just choosing to believe things while having no idea whether they are true or not. That is called faith and religion. It defies all logic.

The true answer is that you don't know.
I had to search way back to find my post. And I haven't re read everything I was following to understand why I made that response. But my assumption was it was a discussion about ways to explain an absence for a mechanism of mass increase. So I'm guessing people were talking about earth expansion being a model that has lead to the coining of the term "Balloon Earth". Meaning that the earth does expand, but without mass increase, its simply blowing up like a balloon, and the mass remains unaffected.

I'm not against a hollow earth idea, (After all, the moon did ring), but I'm not a fan of a fixed mass earth expanding the crustal layer to what I guess becomes a thinner and thinner crustal layer. I can't disprove that idea, obviously, but if I apply Occam's Razor to it, it feels weak. Which is why I was offering the recent findings by Safire of the transmutation mechanism, to throw into the mixture, so we don't HAVE to imagine a mechanism that seems to suffer from a limited time frame before it 'pops'. Doesn't it feel like a better mechanism, if we can imagine an increasing mass that follows and therefore maintains the integrity of the planets crust?

allynh

Unread post by allynh » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:42 am

"And in theory, water vapor expelled by the eruptions can be a greenhouse gas."

They still can't accept that the added water vapor is why we had such a warm 2023.

Volcano That Blasted Seawater into the Stratosphere May Have Damaged Ozone Layer
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... one-layer/
The Hunga Tonga–Hunga Ha‘apai volcano erupted in January 2022 with the force of an atomic weapon. The disaster has launched dozens of new studies about global warming

The Hunga Tonga–Hunga Ha‘apai volcano erupted in January 2022 with the force of an atomic weapon. The disaster has launched dozens of new studies about global warming
https://static.scientificamerican.com/s ... source.jpg

CLIMATEWIRE | Scientists around the world are exploring the climate impacts of what appears to be one of the largest and farthest reaching volcanic eruptions in history. It began rumbling in late December 2021 and culminated in a towering plume rising over two tiny, uninhabited islands in the South Pacific called Hunga Tonga and Hunga Ha'apai.

What made this eruption special was its location and its power — it came from an underwater volcano that exploded with the force of a large nuclear weapon Jan. 13, 2022, and again Jan. 15, 2022. According to a recent report by NOAA, the eruptions launched a record slug of seawater — an estimated 150 million tons of it. Some of it even reached the stratosphere.

The force behind the eruptions, the unusual presence of water in the plume and the plume's continued movement around the globe have caught the attention of researchers worldwide. NOAA scientists say the eruptions have spawned dozens of new studies about climate change.

One question they're trying to answer is whether the chemical mix in the eruptions could inflict more damage to the Earth’s protective ozone layer, an atmospheric shield that blocks the harmful ultraviolet rays of sunlight. For instance, chlorine in the giant plume might react with water and partially degrade the ozone layer. And in theory, water vapor expelled by the eruptions can be a greenhouse gas.

The plume may also help determine whether it’s possible — as some scientists predict — to geoengineer clouds of sulfur dioxide, a gas contained in the plume, that might shade parts of the Earth from global warming. Currently, scientists can only generate a relatively small cloud of sulfur dioxide, but studying the impacts of a much larger cloud may help answer the question of whether the approach can help decrease temperatures by reflecting sunlight back into space.

“This is like a huge validation test of our climate models,” said Karen Rosenlof, a senior scientist at NOAA’s Chemical Sciences Laboratory, speaking broadly about the eruption. She was alerted to the eruption in time to get a collection of U.S. scientists and newly invented portable instruments to a French island called Reunion in the Indian Ocean.

Reunion is 8,000 miles to the west of the eruptions, but as she explained in an interview, the team arrived ready to launch weather balloons carrying instruments that helped them measure the contents of the unusual plume as it drifted overhead — pushed westward by winds from Hunga Tonga.

The questions raised by the eruption “have brought together a lot of people world-wide to try and study and analyze all of this,” Rosenlof said.

One study she co-authored with a team of scientists showed that the plume developed three times faster than under normal stratospheric conditions and carried “an unexpected abundance of large particles” — but not as much sulfur as expected. The sulfur, even at lower levels, still can help inform geoengineering research because of the size of the plume.

Another study she helped write concluded that the “plume created ideal conditions for swift ozone depletion,” which may help researchers learn more about gaps in the ozone layer and how they developed, such as one scientists have found over the South Pole.

More studies are coming, including one mandated by the Montreal Protocol that's due in 2026. The international agreement calls for periodic testing of emissions that can cause harm in the stratosphere, and it could pick up more data from the eruptions.

According to NASA, Hunga Tonga was the largest underwater explosion ever recorded, and the blast likely will not be repeated anytime soon, in large part because the volcano was under 490 feet of water. If it were shallower, it would have spread less water. If it were deeper, “the immense pressures in the ocean’s depths could have muted the eruption.”

Reprinted from E&E News with permission from POLITICO, LLC. Copyright 2023. E&E News provides essential news for energy and environment professionals.