Scientists Baffled

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.
Cargo

Scientists Baffled

Unread post by Cargo » Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:32 am

‘Energy Level Unprecedented’

“When I first discovered this ultra-high-energy cosmic ray, I thought there must have been a mistake, as it showed an energy level unprecedented in the last 3 decades,” Mr. Fujii sai
A NEW DISCOVERY!!
It was discovered by a cosmic ray observatory in Utah’s West Desert known as the Telescope Array, which is comprised of more than 500 “surface detector stations” spread out across 270 square miles.
https://www.zerohedge.com/weather/scien ... tant-space
interstellar filaments conducted electricity having currents as high as 10 thousand billion amperes
"You know not what. .. Perhaps you no longer trust your feelings,." Michael Clarage
"Charge separation prevents the collapse of stars." Wal Thornhill

Cargo

Re: Scientists Baffled

Unread post by Cargo » Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:35 am

LOLOL, Oh God, I can't make you click for the punch-line, so here it is. :D
Researchers ultimately believe the recently discovered cosmic ray may follow particle physics unknown to science.

These events seem like they’re coming from completely different places in the sky. It’s not like there’s one mysterious source," said John Belz, professor at the University of Utah and co-author of the study. "It could be defects in the structure of spacetime, colliding cosmic strings. I mean, I’m just spit-balling crazy ideas that people are coming up with because there’s not a conventional explanation."
interstellar filaments conducted electricity having currents as high as 10 thousand billion amperes
"You know not what. .. Perhaps you no longer trust your feelings,." Michael Clarage
"Charge separation prevents the collapse of stars." Wal Thornhill

BeAChooser

Re: Scientists Baffled

Unread post by BeAChooser » Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:18 pm

Cargo wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:35 am ["]I’m just spit-balling crazy ideas that people are coming up with because there’s not a conventional explanation."
You sure about that John Belz?

This latest particle had an energy of 2.4 x 10^^20 eV.

From 2009 …

https://pubs.aip.org/physicstoday/Onlin ... osmic-rays
With energies exceeding 10^^20 eV, the highest-energy cosmic-ray protons are as energetic as well-hit tennis balls. How does a proton become so energetic? Recent cosmic-ray data disfavor the notion that these ultra-energetic protons have exotic origins such as the decay of very massive particles as yet unidentified. So one must seek the proton acceleration mechanism in familiar astrophysical environments. The conventional suggestions—acceleration by relativistic shocks, spinning black holes, or flares on hypermagnetized neutron stars—each have problems accounting for the highest observed energies. Shock acceleration, for example, becomes increasingly inefficient at high energy because the inevitable trajectory bending causes severe synchrotron energy loss. Now theorist Pisin Chen (SLAC and National Taiwan University) and coworkers have demonstrated analytically and by computer simulation that so-called magnetowaves —electromagnetic waves with unusually strong magnetic components in magnetized plasmas—can drive plasma waves in their wake much as laser pulses in the laboratory drive plasma wakefields in experimental plasma-based accelerators (see PHYSICS TODAY, March 2009, page 44) The mechanism avoids synchrotron loss, and it provides strong accelerating gradients even at very high energy. Chen and company show that a proton surfing a stochastic succession of such plasma wakes can, with luck, be accelerated to 10^^21 eV. Magnetowaves are believed to be produced in the relativistic jets emanating from active galactic nuclei. And the "luck" required for the proton to catch just the right sequence of plasma waves in an AGN jet accords with the observation that ultra-energetic cosmic rays are extremely rare.
So this might have something to do with ordinary plasma and magnetic phenomena. And since there is plasma everywhere, maybe the fact that the particle appears to have no source is because those saying that have plasma blinders on. ;)