Looking back on legacy Thunderblogs ...

New threads (topics) in the Thunderblogs/Multimedia forum are only to be initiated by Forum Administrators. This is the place for users to comment on or discuss aspects of any individual Thunderblog or Thunderbolts multimedia post.
davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:27 pm

I'd like to take members for a walk down memory lane, as many probably don't realise just how much info is freely available on the main thunderbolts site. Recently whilst checking and re-checking functionality after the site migration, I came across some of the legacy archive material. Though it's easily accessible via the main site menu, being right down the bottom of a lengthy "Thunderblogs" drop-down menu, people naturally gravitate to the most up-to-date material, and soon forget the historical context within which it's produced. There's a whole lot of choices of how to review this material, so here's a few links to legacy archives:

Archives by author

Archives by subject

Chronological archive

In a self-serving manner, I'll now direct readers to Dave Smith (AU) - The Lighter Side of EU for some provocatively tongue-in-cheek commentary on material from some popular science outlets of the day :lol: I must say this author can be hilarious at times ... :shock: :lol:
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:32 pm

"Recently whilst checking and re-checking functionality after the site migration..."

(No one has the heart to tell him)

Since the link just loops back to this page, here is another legacy archive -- for now:
https://www.thunderbolts.info/thunderbl ... _index.htm

(:
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Re: Looking back on legacy Thunderblogs ...

Unread post by davesmith_au » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:53 pm

Brigit wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:32 pm "Recently whilst checking and re-checking functionality after the site migration..."

(No one has the heart to tell him)

Since the link just loops back to this page, here is another legacy archive -- for now:
https://www.thunderbolts.info/thunderbl ... _index.htm

(:
Hahahahaha I didn't put the link into my own self-promotion thanks for spotting that. In my defence, it's been one helluva week or two!
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster