Hydrogen ions in the atmosphere, and Wardenclyffe tower

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light? If you have a personal favorite theory, that is in someway related to the Electric Universe, this is where it can be posted.
BipedalJoe

Hydrogen ions in the atmosphere, and Wardenclyffe tower

Unread post by BipedalJoe » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:02 am

I posted on this forum a year ago about how lightning actually produces clouds, in the reaction 4 H+ + 4 e- + O2 --> 2 H2O, and that this reaction is also how clouds form from non-ligthning (slower) discharges. And that it is possible because the atmosphere is packed with hydrogen ions. I originally got the idea of H+ in the atmosphere from Gerald Pollack (and I am aware @jimmcginn in this forum has a dispute with Pollacks brilliant discovery, and I appreciate if he continues to have that dispute in the thread he created for it. ) Pollack suggests the atmosphere has its positive charge from protons. There is a lot more around that, the fact that osmosis involves a transfer of protons, and the perfect conditions for the same mechanism moving protons from the surfaces of the oceans into the atmosphere (and also favouring moving electrons, although those can likely take different paths. )

There is also the fact that grounding a wire and raising it 100 meters into the air will generate a few miliamps of electricity, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rVdEhyMR6A, and I would say trees likely do the same thing, with their roots and tall trunk, and that the mechanism produces water in the cathode reaction.

Anyhow. Tesla's single wire transmission that he invented, relies on a single plate of a capacitor being able to add "elasticity" to the wire, so that alternating current can be transmitted between stations that have such a "single plate capacitor" (the stations also required an inductor, to neutralize the reactance from the capacitor plate.. ) I was thinking, the hydrogen ions in the atmosphere seem like a very good way to propagate the electrostatic force between or from the capacitor plates. That is what I wanted to post here, maybe the atmosphere is packed with hydrogen ions and maybe those explain why the Wardenclyffe tower idea actually worked or would have worked, that there was a factor people (specifically the "sceptics" who without any scrutiny believe their so-called "disbelief"), had missed.

BipedalJoe

Re: Hydrogen ions in the atmosphere, and Wardenclyffe tower

Unread post by BipedalJoe » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:27 pm

I expanded on the idea. The top capacities on Wardenclyffe are not actually displacing protons in the atmosphere (as they would if they acted by capacitance), they are serving as a conductor plate that interfaces the electrochemical cell of the atmosphere, that is both a positive and negative pole. Electrons can pass into the top terminals and out into the atmosphere where it reacts with H+ and O2 forming water, and, then back into the terminal leaving O2 and H+. The system "breathes" and is not electrostatic like capacitance, it is electrochemical. This resolves a century long controversy between the people who insisted Wardenclyffe worked, and those that said the explanations sounded nonsensical and broke known electrical theory.