"Consulting the gods"

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light? If you have a personal favorite theory, that is in someway related to the Electric Universe, this is where it can be posted.
Roshi

"Consulting the gods"

Unread post by Roshi » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:05 pm

Isaac Asimov - Foundation's Edge

Bliss admits to Trevize that his being led to Gaia was done by them so he could make that an untouched mind, especially Trevize's because of his amazing intuition, could decide the galaxy's fate
https://asimov.fandom.com/wiki/Foundation%27s_Edge

There is this fictional planet named Gaia where all the inhabitants are telepaths and can influence minds. They can control the entire Galaxy if they want to. But - they need an answer from an "untouched mind", of a person with "amazing intuition" to see if they should do that. Well - as I see it they could have also consulted the I-Ching. Or sacrificed a goat as they did in ancient Rome. It's the same thing. They are not asking a computer to logically calculate the best course, they need the intuition of and individual whose mind they did not influence.
They (Gaians) have the power to decide and do whatever they want, but they don't. First they must consult Golan Trevize as some kind of oracle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intuition

Also, what is "instinct"? Dissect an animal, search in his cells, see if you can find the "instinct".

And, my explanation (and philospophy) regarding all this: the nature of the Universe is consciousness, and humans (and everything else) are expresions of the Universe.

sdushey

Re: "Consulting the gods"

Unread post by sdushey » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:06 pm

Dissect a computer's RAM and see if you can find the trained pathways of a neural network.