Why does this forum not have a question category?

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light? If you have a personal favorite theory, that is in someway related to the Electric Universe, this is where it can be posted.
folaht

Why does this forum not have a question category?

Unread post by folaht » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:39 am

Why does this forum only have categories that seems to be directed at EU scientists and not to lay people/hobbyists with questions?

Whenever I have questions, I post them here. But they're not always new insights or mad ideas.
I might think they are, but they don't necessarily have to be.
Since 1 % 1, 1 * 1 and 1 - 1 do not add up, we must conclude that 1 + 1 is 3.

jacmac

Re: Why does this forum not have a question category?

Unread post by jacmac » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:05 pm

I suggest you put questions in whatever category seems to fit.
If it triggers a discussion that belongs in another category the moderator might move it.
Ask away. :D

nick c

Unread post by nick c » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:17 pm

Hi folaht;
The entire forum is a "question category." You just posted a question.
That does not mean that you will get an answer or even a correct answer for some types of questions.
This forum is open to the public and as such is somewhat of a free for all, the only requirement is that posters comply with forum rules, which are here:
https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum3/ph ... hp?f=2&t=2

If you have a question, post it as a response to a thread - the subject of which is related to your question, or, start a new thread with your question in an appropriate forum. It may go unanswered or it may start a long discussion.

The forum is what it is!
I prefer to think of the forum as a place like a coffee shop, where people with a mutual interest in the Electric/Plasma Universe can get together in an informal setting, to exchange ideas, and of course, ask questions.

folaht

Unread post by folaht » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:27 am

"I prefer to think of the forum as a place like a coffee shop, where people with a mutual interest in the Electric/Plasma Universe can get together in an informal setting, to exchange ideas, and of course, ask questions."

I'll have to adjust my viewpoint then.
I always considered this forum to be "serious topics only" except for mad ideas and new insights.
Since 1 % 1, 1 * 1 and 1 - 1 do not add up, we must conclude that 1 + 1 is 3.

nick c

Unread post by nick c » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:04 pm

folaht wrote:I'll have to adjust my viewpoint then.
I always considered this forum to be "serious topics only" except for mad ideas and new insights.
Notice that in my above post I specified that "the only requirement is that forum members comply with forum rules..."
If you read the link to the Rules and Guidelines, you will find that the what you originally "considered" the forum to be, is essentially correct.