9 or 10 Basic Models of History

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?
Brigit

Re: 9 or 10 Basic Models of History

Unread post by Brigit » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:46 pm

I think the most outstanding theme of this historical narrative is the ownership of land. Understanding the passage revolves around the question of who can and who cannot own land in this specific nation.
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:40 am

Perhaps fans of Nietzsche might like to explain the ethic of the Ubermensch which Jezebel exhibits.

Interesting that she found professional protesters to be so useful in attaining her ends, which was to eliminate the private property rights of Nabal.
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

Cargo

Unread post by Cargo » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:51 am

Brigit,
I, as my own historian, love your contributions to my history and what I know. Too many good books have been lost to history I think.
I hope everyone else may have some-same level of seeing things in such a wide perspective. In this forum though, we should try to keep topics from straying away to far from the universe of electricity and plasma.

The models of history, and the alien sky are of course very important, since we are talking about re-telling the History Channels version of the Universe. :D
interstellar filaments conducted electricity having currents as high as 10 thousand billion amperes
"You know not what. .. Perhaps you no longer trust your feelings,." Michael Clarage
"Charge separation prevents the collapse of stars." Wal Thornhill

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:55 pm

by Cargo » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:51 pm:

"In this forum though, we should try to keep topics from straying away to far from the universe of electricity and plasma. The models of history, and the alien sky are of course very important, since we are talking about re-telling the History Channels version of the Universe."

*No one* can prove I was off-topic. And also, this is not an admission of anything (:

But let's all get back to work. Actually, the whole idea of this thread is to perhaps inspire (younger) readers to first identify the various models of history they encounter, and after practice, recognize what is the hand of the historian, and what is history.

Another complication is that we all find ourselves in a post-modern or even what some say is a post-truth era, and there are fewer and fewer standards of evidence, so that even primary and secondary sources are increasingly dismissed as nothing more than unverifiable and unacceptable and unreliable ways of determining what happened in the past. But this is an unnatural situation, and artificially imposed by academia, top-down. Culturally and legally we do not need to accept it. This is why I wanted to emphasize that the writing of history is not necessarily a pursuit reserved to professional historians, but is a natural outcome for people who share language, law and experiences across multiple generations.

And for a people who especially value literacy and record-keeping, their memories and identity are not in the hands of professionals -- and in particular those professionals who have thrown out all standards of evidence for reasons of their own.

So, to the eight models of history, we may now add the Post-modern/Post-truth model of history.
~Homer

nick c

Unread post by nick c » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:04 am

*No one* can prove I was off-topic. And also, this is not an admission of anything (:
No problem. History is not a taboo topic on this forum. It would be off topic on the Electric Universe board, but is otherwise an appropriate topic. The only question is whether it should be on the NIAMI board or not.

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:48 pm

Thanks nick c. I'll be more careful.
~Homer