Redshift of photons penetrating a hot plasma

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Birkeland

Unread post by Birkeland » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:36 pm

First of all: Hi to everyone - this is my first post. I have been following this field with great interest for approximately six months now. From what I can see, Plasma Cosmology, or at least an integration with the standard model, with all its implications, must break through - sooner or later. The observations are real, and that's that. A is A - but what is it? Or to put it more precisely since we know that it's plasma: how does it work, interact and change our view of the universe? I don't know if there is any work going on to complete a model/theory based on plasma, but there sure are enough loose ends to keep one occupied for a very long time. As far as the standard model goes: the contradictions and ad hoc solutions really says it all. I'm not able to give up logic. Well, that's a short introduction of my thoughts.

I came over this interesting paper by author Ari Brynjolfsson, the ingress:

Abstract: A new interaction, plasma redshift, is derived, which is important only when photons penetrate a hot, sparse electron plasma. The derivation of plasma redshift is based entirely on conventional axioms of physics. When photons penetrate a cold and dense plasma, they lose energy through ionization and excitation, Compton scattering on the individual electrons, and Raman scattering on the plasma frequency. But in sparse hot plasma, such as in the solar corona, the photons lose energy also in plasma redshift. The energy loss per electron in the plasma redshift is about equal to the product of the photon's energy and one half of the Compton cross-section per electron. In quiescent solar corona, this heating starts in the transition zone to the corona and is a major fraction of the coronal heating. Plasma redshift contributes also to the heating of the interstellar plasma, the galactic corona, and the intergalactic plasma. Plasma redshift explains the solar redshifts, the redshifts of the galactic corona, the cosmological redshifts, the cosmic microwave background, and the X-ray background. The plasma redshift explains the observed magnitude-redshift relation for supernovae SNe Ia without the big bang, dark matter, or dark energy. There is no cosmic time dilation. The universe is not expanding. The plasma redshift, when compared with experiments, shows that the photons' classical gravitational redshifts are reversed as the photons move from the Sun to the Earth. This is a quantum mechanical effect. As seen from the Earth, a repulsion force acts on the photons. This means that there is no need for Einstein's Lambda term. The universe is quasi-static, infinite, and everlasting.

I couldn't find any references to this paper on this forum so I thought it could be a good idea to post it for further review as I'm just a layman.
"The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see" - Ayn Rand

junglelord

Re: Redshift of photons penetrating a hot plasma

Unread post by junglelord » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:54 pm

That is a perfect example of modern science using outdated methods to understand the universe. Thanks.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

Birkeland

Unread post by Birkeland » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:38 am

Thanks for your swift reply.

Steampunk cosmology, yes I know, but: how is Brynjolfssons work compared to what Arp says about redshift. Does he touch the essence in Arps work and conclusions - that redshift is an intrinsic attribute of light?
"The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see" - Ayn Rand

substance

Unread post by substance » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:08 am

junglelord wrote:That is a perfect example of modern science using outdated methods to understand the universe. Thanks.
Why do you say that? I mean, I didn`t get much from the abstract, but it does sound pretty much like an EU-pro paper, doesn`t it?
My personal blog about science, technology, society and politics. - Putredo Mundi

Birkeland

Unread post by Birkeland » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:00 pm

substance wrote:Why do you say that? I mean, I didn`t get much from the abstract, but it does sound pretty much like an EU-pro paper, doesn`t it?
As far as I can understand the paper could be correct as such, but I'm unsure of the correctness of the premises and the context on which it relies: mechanics and gravity. Again: I'm just a simple layman. The question is whether modern cosmology - a contradiction in terms, but let's not overstate the obvious - needs to be rewritten from scratch or if it's possible to implement plasma and redefine the theory based on the data allready available. There is no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater. I think that would be a huge mistake.

My point boils down to this: why not "steal" the data on which the old model relies, and rewrite it in a plasma context?

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:58 pm

I seem to have been misunderstood. Its my impression that the work in modern cosmology deals with outdated plasma information, or plasma models that are not equal to the plasma of space. IE they (modern cosmology) would present facts based on cooler plasma science, this would refute that approach, as high energy and high temperature plasma make the redshift results different. Definately a EU paper.
:D
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord