Magnetic Effervescence, tubes or bubbles

Hundreds of TPODs have been published since the summer of 2004. In particular, we invite discussion of present and recent TPODs, perhaps with additional links to earlier TPOD pages. Suggestions for future pages will be welcome. Effective TPOD drafts will be MORE than welcome and could be your opportunity to become a more active part of the Thunderbolts team.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

jacmac

Magnetic Effervescence, tubes or bubbles

Unread post by jacmac » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:31 pm

I offer that the data from Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 could also be describing them passing through the tubular filamentary shapes of Birkeland currents making up the Solar Wind that is now moving sideways to the movement of V1 and V2, as the Heliosphere has been entered. There might not be any bubbles at all. Would not twisting filaments of currents of random sizes present very similar data as frothy bubbles.

Jack

mharratsc

Re: Magnetic Effervescence, tubes or bubbles

Unread post by mharratsc » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:00 pm

How do you mean, Jacmac? Like the tufts on the surface of the Sun, but on the outside of the heliopause?
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

jacmac

Re: Magnetic Effervescence, tubes or bubbles

Unread post by jacmac » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:00 pm

mharratsc,

I was not thinking of activity at the surface of the sun.

There have been press statements in the recent months about the change of direction of the "solar wind" at the current location of the two Voyager crafts. They were then, and probably are still now passing through the very outer region of the heliosphere. The reports were that the solar wind particles were no longer moving out from the sun , but were moving sideways to the path of the Voyagers.

Also, elsewhere I have read reports of studies of the solar wind describe it as filamentary; as a plate of spaghetti with tubular flows of particles.This was in contrast to a previous held notion that the solar wind was more random or erratic.

I was trying to suggest that if a craft passes through the solar wind at approx. 90 degrees to the flow of particles that the changing densities could just as easily be through tubular shapes as bubbles.
The frothy bubbles were also said to be sausage shaped. One persons very long sausage could be another persons description of Birkeland currents in space.

I am sorry to not have links and exact quotes as this is from memory. This should be easy to find on the Voyagers and the solar wind.

Thanks,
Jack