The universe's filamentary web is slowly being revealed...

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

MGmirkin

Re: The universe's filamentary web is slowly being revealed...

Unread post by MGmirkin » Sat May 17, 2008 1:27 pm

(At last, an ordinary Universe)
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg1 ... verse.html

Granted, this is an interesting article, sort of (insofar a sit appears to superficially call Dark Matter into question). But, in the final analysis, it appears to boil down to playing mathemagical games...
... astronomers have estimated that helium-4 made up 23 per cent of the mass of the original Universe. This abundance, in turn, implies that the amount of baryonic matter in the Universe is relatively small. But Sasselov and Goldwirth claim that the calculations used to convert the spectral line data into a figure for the abundance of helium-4 are too simplistic. They have now applied more sophisticated models of how hydrogen and helium atoms emit radiation, and say that the helium-4 could have made up as much as 25.5 per cent of the mass of the primordial Universe.
(Emphases mine)

So, basically they tweaked a few parameters in an adjustable mathematical model to affect the guesstimated end results based upon assumptions about the Big Bang, etc. Which in turn affected guesstimated levels of stuff in today's reality. Does this constitute actual proof of anything other than the fact that mathematical models are simply far too "adjustable" and based upon too many assumptions to be useful in determining things as they actually exist? Statistical analysis is nice and all, but if the assumptions and biases endemic to the system are off base, are the results still GIGO (Garbage In, Garbage Out)?

~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

Solar

Re: 'Reoccurrence'

Unread post by Solar » Sun May 18, 2008 12:59 pm

Yes. It sounds as if Sasselov and Goldwirth thought the calculations were just slung together.
Evidence for Plasma cosmology

Plasma theory predicts from basic physics the large scale structure of the universe
In the plasma model, superclusters, clusters and galaxies are formed from magnetically confined plasma vortex filaments. The plasma cosmology approach can easily accommodate large scale structures, and in fact firmly predicts from basic physical principles a fractal distribution of matter, with density being inversely proportional to the distance of separation of objects. This fractal scaling relationship has been borne out by many studies on all observable scales of the universe. Naturally, since the plasma approach hypothesizes no origin in time for the universe, the large amounts of time need to create large-scale structures present no problems for the theory.

Plasma theory of the CBR predict absorption of radio waves, which is observed
The plasma alternative views the energy for the CBR as provided by the radiation released by early generations of stars in the course of producing the observed 4He. The energy is thermalized and isotropized by a thicket of dense, magnetically confined plasma filaments that pervade the intergalactic medium. It has accurately matched the spectrum of the CBR using the best-quality data set from the COBE sattelite. Since this theory hypotheses filaments that efficiently scatter radiation longer than about 100 microns, it predicts that radiation longer than this from distant sources will be absorbed, or to be more precise scattered, and thus will decrease more rapidly with distance than radiation shorter than 100 microns. Such an absorption has been demonstrated by comparing radio and far-infrared radiation from galaxies at various distances--the more distant, the greater the absorption effect. New observations have shown the exact same absorption at a wavelength of 850 microns, just as predicted by plasma theory.

The alignment of the CBR anisotropy and the local Supercluster confirms the plasma theory of CBR
If the density of the absorbing filaments follows the overall density of matter, as assumed by this theory, then the degree of absorption should be higher locally in the direction along the axis of the (roughly cylindrical) Local Supercluster and lower at right angles to this axis, where less high-density matter is encountered. This in turn means that concentrations of the filaments outside the Local Supercluster, which slightly enhances CBR power, will be more obscured in the direction along the supercluster axis and less obscured at right angle to this axis, as observed. - "The Big Bang Never Happened": Eric Lerner
So, 'reoccurrence' is due to an orders of magnitude "fractal scaling" of electro-plasma dynamics. This is a hierarchical relationship long understood in plasma physics. No such relationship exist for the big bang concordance model but they're trying to establish one via gravitational collapse of the "primordial fluctiations" of the CMB to form this "cosmic web". But the force of gravity simply isn't adequate. As put forth by the Electric Universe, Plasma Cosmology, and now David Thompson - as well as others - that power lies with the electric force.
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Sun May 18, 2008 1:51 pm

If you think about Dave Thomson's APM model, in my mind I could see it as a fluid plasma non material construct. Its not of course, its Aether, but it is elastic, fluid like, double layer charge, tiny vortices, tensegrity structures, branching networks from non material to material. Plasma is strangely similar. Electric magnetic tension, elastic, vorticies, branching networks, double layers, tensegrity, I fail to see the difference. Mind you I am a simple guy, I sometimes get reponses that my train of thought is hard to follow, I hope not. I just deal in similarities.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Sun May 18, 2008 5:32 pm

junglelord wrote:If you think about Dave Thomson's APM model, in my mind I could see it as a fluid plasma non material construct. Its not of course, its Aether, but it is elastic, fluid like, double layer charge, tiny vortices, tensegrity structures, branching networks from non material to material. Plasma is strangely similar. Electric magnetic tension, elastic, vorticies, branching networks, double layers, tensegrity, I fail to see the difference. Mind you I am a simple guy, I sometimes get reponses that my train of thought is hard to follow, I hope not. I just deal in similarities.
Agreed. I'm particularly fond of the Tensegrity relationship. I think accounts for the factor of 'integrating' the various "domains" seen as "fractal scaling relationships" throughout the 'system(s)'. But it's totally dynamic, never sitting still. That's an important hierarchical scaling relationship with electro-plasma dynamics.

Lets take look at this "non-baryonic matter" thing. In his reply "Dr. Wright is Wrong" Eric Lerner addresses this hypothetical entity:
The existence of "dark matter"

Dark matter, or "non-baryonic" matter is a hypothetical form of matter different from any observed on Earth but which is nonetheless required by the Big Bang. Current versions of the (ever-changing) theory require that total gravitating matter density be equal to 0.3 of the critical density but that of ordinary, baryon matter be only 0.05 of the critical density. This means that 0.25 of the critical density has to be in the form of some undiscovered, non-baryonic matter, generally described as Wimps, weakly interacting massive particles.

This "cold dark matter" or CDM, was hypothesized as essential for the Big Bang theory back in 1980--23 years ago. Since then physicists have searched diligently with dozens of experiments for any evidence of the existence of these dark matter particle here on Earth. Oddly enough every one of the experiments has had negative results. In fields of research other than cosmology this would have long ago led to the conclusion that CDM does not exist. But Big Bang cosmology does not taken "NO" for an answer. So the failure to find the CDM after so many experiments does not in any way shake the faith of Big Bangers in such CDM. This is evidence that what we are dealing with here is a religious faith, not a scientific theory that can be refuted by experiment or observation...

Observations of ultraviolet and soft x-ray absorption has revealed the existence of "warm plasma' with a temperature of only about 0.2keV, which amounts to a mass comparable to that of the entire Local group of galaxies.(Nature 421, 719). If we adds up the warm plasma, which is sufficiently dim to be observable only as it absorbs radiation from more dim objects, the hot plasma, and the white dwarfs, we have enough matter to equal that which is inferred by the gravitational mass of cluster of galaxies. So there is no need for non-baryonic matter and there is no room for it either.

Conclusion: the evidence against the existence of non-baryonic"dark" matter is stronger than ever. Ordinary matter is only the only type of matter that exists. "Dr. Wright is Wrong": Eric Lerner
Lerner is not the only scientist who doesn't subscribe to the "dark matter" paradigm: "Scientists Say Dark Matter Doesn't Exist".

So I'm curious as to how "dark matter filaments" came to exist since they can apparently be photographed. Which doesn't make them "dark" at all. From Physics world:

"Dark-matter map points to galaxy formation" presents us with this seeming oddly captioned photo. How does one show a photo of something that's never been directly detected??:
...regions of space containing large quantities of luminous matter almost always also contain large quantities of dark matter...
So it appears that the real filaments and the imagined filaments do indeed 'overlap'. This is a perfect example of how this type of nonsense can present contradictory evidence literally side-by-side and have mind numbed "pseudo-intellectuals" phase-locked out of their reasoning skills without so much as one hand being raised to the contrary.

Anyway. There is more info available but I need to calm down for a few. Gonna go meditate on some Tensegrity for a bit.
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Tue May 20, 2008 5:53 pm

http://www.physorg.com/news130516845.html wrote:
Hubble Survey Finds Missing Matter, Probes Intergalactic Web

If ever there was confirmation of plasmas forming filamentary pathways through the Inter Galactic Medium, this just has to be it! This is not about dark matter, but baryonic matter. Real stuff...
physorg.com wrote:"We think we are seeing the strands of a web-like structure that forms the backbone of the universe," Mike Shull of the University of Colorado explained.

[...]

... the astronomers found hot gas, mostly oxygen and hydrogen,

[...]

... highly ionized oxygen ... large quantities of invisible, hot, ionized hydrogen in the universe.

It all spells plasma loud and clear to me.

Cheers, Dave Smith.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue May 20, 2008 6:11 pm

davesmith_au wrote:If ever there was confirmation of plasmas forming filamentary pathways through the Inter Galactic Medium, this just has to be it! This is not about dark matter, but baryonic matter. Real stuff...

It all spells plasma loud and clear to me.

Cheers, Dave Smith.
Hey-yy... That's sounds familiar! Didn't I just say that on the previous page? *Nudge, nudge, wink, wink...* ;)
MGmirkin wrote:But, I see your point. Yes, it seems that astronomers have painted themselves into an imaginary hole because they've been unable to see the "real stuff" that may well explain the anomalies that required the "imaginary stuff" to begin with.

The fact that they're now finding "real stuff" with real properties where they were expecting "make-believe stuff" (dark matter) with imaginary properties is rather amusing...
http://thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpBB3/v ... 5603#p5603

Anywho... Agreed, wholeheartedly. Huck the dark matter altogether (it was a bad idea predicated on other bad ideas), let's look for something REAL that has REAL properties and abides by REAL rules and is actually DETECTABLE...

*Say no more! Nudge, nudge, wink, wink... Eh?*

Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin :ugeek:
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Wed May 21, 2008 12:41 am

Anyone have a link to the particular papers where Alfvén and/or Peratt specifically discuss galaxy creation vis a vis plasma filaments? Maybe a direct quote to contrast with the "Beads on a String" news release? I seem to recall this was pretty much exactly what Peratt has said in one or another of his papers?

If nobody else grabs it first, I'll try to track it down when I get to broadband... :D
~Michael Gmirkin

MGmirkin

Dark Matter blamed for heating normal matter??

Unread post by MGmirkin » Wed May 21, 2008 8:58 am

( Missing matter found in deep space)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080520/sc_ ... _matter_dc

Now they appear to be claiming that the "normal" baryonic matter is EVIDENCE for dark matter? Moreover, the dark matter is the source of the heat of the normal matter?? Are they joking?
Scientists have long known there is far more matter in the universe than can be accounted for by visible galaxies and stars. Not only is there invisible baryonic matter -- the protons and neutrons that make up atoms -- but there also is an even larger amount of invisible "dark" matter.

[...]

"We think we are seeing the strands of a web-like structure that forms the backbone of the universe," said Mike Shull of the University of Colorado, who helped lead the study published in The Astrophysical Journal.

The matter is spread as superheated oxygen and hydrogen in what looked like vast empty spaces between galaxies.

[...]

"It is kind of like a spider web. The gravity of the spider web is what produced what we see," Shull said in a telephone interview. "It's very thin. Some of it is very hot gas, almost a million degrees."

This is where the dark matter comes in. The dark matter is heating up the gas, Shull said.
They should be :oops:
"Dark matter has gravity. It pulls the gas in," Shull said. "This causes what I call sonic booms -- shock waves. This shock heats it to a million degrees. That makes it even harder to see."

The atoms of oxygen are in a stripped-down, ionized form. Five of the eight electrons are gone. It emits an ultraviolet spectrum of light that instruments aboard FUSE and Hubble can spot, Shull said.

These web-like filaments of matter are the structure upon which the galaxies form, he said.

"So when we look at the distribution of galaxies on a very large scale, we see they are not uniform," Shull said. "They spread out in sheets and filaments."

[...]

Shull and colleagues said these webs of hydrogen and oxygen are too hot to be seen in visible light and too cool to be seen in X-rays.
Sadly, they seem deadly serious... :(

Are shocks and collisions the only tools astronomers have in their toolkits?

~Michael Gmirkin

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Wed May 21, 2008 9:17 am

The dark matter is heating up the gas, Shull said.
How? Where does dark matter gets its heat or heat producing facility?
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Wed May 21, 2008 11:20 am

Grey Cloud wrote:
The dark matter is heating up the gas, Shull said.
How? Where does dark matter gets its heat or heat producing facility?
Here, or so says Shull:
"Dark matter has gravity. It pulls the gas in," Shull said. "This causes what I call sonic booms -- shock waves. This shock heats it to a million degrees. That makes it even harder to see."
So, theoretically, the extra gravity of the invisible, imaginary dark matter causes sonic booms that heat up the gas to million degree temperatures... Ri-iight?

~Michael Gmirkin

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Wed May 21, 2008 11:38 am

It would have to suck it in at quite a fair lick to generate that sort of temperature.
Remember the movie Alien? 'In space nobody can hear you boom'.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Wed May 21, 2008 2:24 pm

MGmirkin wrote:Anyone have a link to the particular papers where Alfvén and/or Peratt specifically discuss galaxy creation vis a vis plasma filaments? Maybe a direct quote to contrast with the "Beads on a String" news release? I seem to recall this was pretty much exactly what Peratt has said in one or another of his papers?

If nobody else grabs it first, I'll try to track it down when I get to broadband... :D
~Michael Gmirkin
As promised:

(Galaxies formed along filaments like beads on a string!)
http://digg.com/space/Galaxies_formed_a ... n_a_string

Versus several of plasma physicist Peratt's papers:

(Birkeland and the Electromagnetic Cosmology)
http://public.lanl.gov/alp/plasma/downl ... mology.pdf

(Plasma Cosmology)
http://public.lanl.gov/alp/plasma/downl ... Peratt.pdf

(The Evidence for Electrical Currents in Cosmic Plasma)
http://public.lanl.gov/alp/plasma/Perat ... Cosmic.pdf

(Evolution of the Plasma Universe: I. Double Radio Galaxies, Quasars, and Extragalactic Jets)
http://public.lanl.gov/alp/plasma/downl ... 6TPS-I.pdf

(Evolution of the Plasma Universe: II. The Formation of Systems of Galaxies)
http://public.lanl.gov/alp/plasma/downl ... TPS-II.pdf

(The Roles of Particle Beams and Electrical Currents in the Plasma Universe)
http://public.lanl.gov/alp/plasma/downl ... tBeams.pdf

May try to glean a few relevant quotes from the papers as time permits... But, back to work for now! ;)

~Michael Gmirkin

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Wed May 21, 2008 4:28 pm

Then, of course, there's Alfvén. Peratt's predecessor:

(On Hierarchical Cosmology)
http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi- ... e=PDF_HIGH

(Double Radio Sources and the New Approach to Cosmical Astrophysics)
http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi- ... e=PDF_HIGH

Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin