RECOVERING OLD FORUM POSTS...

New threads (topics) in the Announcements forum are only to be initiated by Forum Administrators. Of course, users are encouraged to post replies where appropriate.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

MGmirkin

Re: Recovered Threads

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:45 pm

StefanR wrote:
MGmirkin wrote:Again, don't know if we'll want to copy verbatim, or simply summarize some of the info contained therein for further discussion going forward? Or, I don't know if we want to simply try to establish some kind of "static archive" somewhere? (Big project, but may be worthwhile?)
I think it depends on the size of the thread.
But I started with the tensegrity structures in the Human Question (finished now), which had two pages, so I copied that post by post.
But threads as Cymatics, Holmes, CRT-experiments which were huge threads. I not sure.
I think I will start with the Holmes thread now.

About the static archive, I was rethinking in the same direction but maybe it would be something after the major recoveries.
But adding all important information by subject in one thread can be very helpful for quick referencing.
So much to do. So much to do.
I've managed to snag a pretty fair portion of the longer "interesting" threads. Though a few have slipped by me, or been unrecoverable in part (most have only been missing one or two pages out of like 10-15)... Just figuring out what to do to slap them together again in a sensible form...

Will figure something out...

~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

StefanR

Unread post by StefanR » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:42 pm

The Holmes thread is done. I tried to keep as much posts as possible, I noticed that it would be a waste to loose the discussion taking place. Only Page #9 en #12 were lost. But I don´t think to much was lost as page #12 was completely off topic.
I only was not able to kee the BBcode in that thread but will try to keep those for coming recoveries as much as possible.
tedious but rewarding.
The illusion from which we are seeking to extricate ourselves is not that constituted by the realm of space and time, but that which comes from failing to know that realm from the standpoint of a higher vision. -L.H.

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:37 pm

StefanR wrote:The Holmes thread is done. I tried to keep as much posts as possible, I noticed that it would be a waste to loose the discussion taking place. Only Page #9 en #12 were lost. But I don´t think to much was lost as page #12 was completely off topic.
I only was not able to kee the BBcode in that thread but will try to keep those for coming recoveries as much as possible.
tedious but rewarding.
Yeah, 9 & 12 were toast for me too... C'est la vie. 14 for 16 ain't too bad, right? :D

~Michael Gmirkin

Update: I've managed to track page 9 of the Holmes thread to live.com's archive, and have downloaded a copy. So, I'm only missing Pg 12.

http://cc.msnscache.com/cache.aspx?q=72 ... FORM=CVRE4

Cheers,
~Michael
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke

StefanR

Unread post by StefanR » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:51 am

The thread : Magnetism form, structures, dynamics is fully recovered.
For the people with lots of BBcode in the posts: I'll send you the doctors bill for RSI-treatment ;)
The illusion from which we are seeking to extricate ourselves is not that constituted by the realm of space and time, but that which comes from failing to know that realm from the standpoint of a higher vision. -L.H.

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:11 am

StefanR wrote:The thread : Magnetism form, structures, dynamics is fully recovered.
For the people with lots of BBcode in the posts: I'll send you the doctors bill for RSI-treatment ;)
:roll:

... surely has nothin' to do with me .... :lol:
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:17 am

I owe you a free myofascial/rolfing treatment. Get the tensional balance back in your tensegrity system.
:D
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:28 am

junglelord wrote:I owe you a free myofascial/rolfing treatment. Get the tensional balance back in your tensegrity system.
:D
Hey, hands off my myofascial tensegrity systems! :shock:

I like them the way they are... :twisted:

~Michael Gmirkin

MGmirkin

Re: RECOVERING OLD FORUM POSTS...

Unread post by MGmirkin » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:07 pm

As I've mentioned, Google's cache may be missing some threads / pages.

However, other sites may have been caching pages as well. I've managed to find one page that Google did not have in Live.com's cache (1 of 2 pages).

So, if you can't find the page you're looking for in Google, try one of the other sites like Live or Yahoo! listed on the list below:

http://www.searchengineshowdown.com/oth ... hive.shtml

This may be a ticking clock, if any of the pages are being re-crawled and refreshed with 404 errors...

Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:54 am

A huge THANK YOU AND WELL DONE!!! :mrgreen:

There are a number of members of this forum who have gone "above and beyond" in the resurrection of some of the 'lost' forum posts. I am sure I speak for most members and the organizers of the forum in passing on a hearty thanks to those of you who have worked so tirelessly in retrieving information which was thought to be lost. Well done!

Cheers, Dave Smith.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:05 am

In some ways, it's a bit like online archeology... Forbidden archeology, at that... :D

Devoted an entire evening to downloading the retrieved info to my home desktop, then I noticed that (for whatever reason) Firefox seems to be operating differently on the two machines. On one machine, it just saves the .htm file, but oon the other it saves both the .htm file and all loaded graphics. So, I also spent the night refreshing all the pages I'd downloaded elsewhere and then re-saving them to capture all the images (in case external picture sites or whatever go down).

Next, I'll probably be trying to make some semblance of a "static archive" page. Well, series of pages, really... This may take a while, based on the scope of it all... But, I might even be able to make a few improvements along the way. :D

This'll probably be an "involved" process, so don't expect results "tomorrow." But I hope to resurrect a large swath of the forum on this static page I've dreamed up. Whether that translates into some actual "place to go" here or elsewhere remains to be seen. I'm hopeful that it may. Might even be tempted to do some "maintenance" after the fact, as old threads are rediscovered (if Google doesn't make them go "floosh").

For the time being, I've tried to recover what I felt were noteworthy threads. But I may have missed some, or not realized that good conversations took place in threads that perhaps were shorter-lived or more controversial. (I've generally stayed away from some of the more "controversial" or "fluffy" threads.)

Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin

StefanR

Unread post by StefanR » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:03 am

Maybe if some that participated in those "fluffies" feel something has to be saved, let them state the thread they feel worthy of saving.

pln2bz

Unread post by pln2bz » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:14 pm

Spectacular progress, guys. The addition of images to many of these recovered threads makes all of the difference. I'm very impressed with the attention to detail! Dave Talbott owes you guys a free trip to the next Kronia Conference, or something ...
Last edited by bboyer on Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: MOD NOTE: post merged here from the EU section

upriver

Thank you to the pople recovering threads.

Unread post by upriver » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:41 pm

I wish to thank all those recovering threads.

Please give some estimate of the time involved in this activity.

I started this to communicate with the people involved in thread recovery, unless there is already one.

This thread can be deleted after recovery is complete.
Last edited by bboyer on Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: MOD NOTE: post merged here from the EU section

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:32 pm

Was anyone able to save p's 4 and 9 from the "Space Station Comp Problem/Columbia Disaster" thread? I have all the others (there were 10 p's total I believe).
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:01 pm

arc-us wrote:Was anyone able to save p's 4 and 9 from the "Space Station Comp Problem/Columbia Disaster" thread? I have all the others (there were 10 p's total I believe).
Page 9 is currently available on live.com

Page 9

Strangely, I couldn't find page 8. Page 4 was also not available on either Live.com or Google.

Cheers,
~Michael