Sharing EU with a friend

Many Internet forums have carried discussion of the Electric Universe hypothesis. Much of that discussion has added more confusion than clarity, due to common misunderstandings of the electrical principles. Here we invite participants to discuss their experiences and to summarize questions that have yet to be answered.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

orrery

Sharing EU with a friend

Unread post by orrery » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:36 am

I was so happy with The Electric Universe that I bought 5 copies. One to hold on to myself, and the other 4 I have regularly loaned to co-workers, family members, and friends.

The 4 copies that i have been loaning out have just reached their 100th person. I have met only one individual who has put up resistance. (and this person formed his entire resistance via wikipedia criticism) The rest have all become excited followers.

I would love to hear people's stories of having shared this book with friends.
"though free to think and to act - we are held together like the stars - in firmament with ties inseparable - these ties cannot be seen but we can feel them - each of us is only part of a whole" -tesla

http://www.reddit.com/r/plasmaCosmology

orrery

Re: Sharing EU with a friend

Unread post by orrery » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:29 am

Also, remember that if you donate a copy to your local library you could give a gift that would keep on giving reliably for years to come. I have several friends who work at the public library here. I plan on donating copies to several of the local libraries in my area in hopes that it can reach dozens of new people every year.

Please help and do the same if you can.

I promise that very soon The Electric Universe will be available in almost every library in the Louisville, KY area.

You're welcome. I'm a very poor person on a limited income and budget so you people with bigger wallets should help out. See if we can work a deal with someone to help distribute copies of books. I have friends in the library system and haven't found a single copy of this work in any of them. They don't even sell them in the Borders or Barnes & Noble bookstores around here so getting a copy is very hard if you don't look for it online.
"though free to think and to act - we are held together like the stars - in firmament with ties inseparable - these ties cannot be seen but we can feel them - each of us is only part of a whole" -tesla

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:57 am

My experience in sharing EU has not been as good as yours.

It seems that the people that i have attempted to share with have been taught how to think (myopically), what to think, and what not to think.

They express their dismissiveness toward me because i do not have their formal education, a title, or professional or social standing.

I wonder how many of those who said they read the book actually made an effort to understand what was written and what the implications of EU theory are.
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

orrery

Unread post by orrery » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:19 pm

Just got a copy back from one co-worker who said that it was an amazing read and loved it, handed it off to another co-worker. That makes person #101!