RECOVERING OLD FORUM POSTS...

New threads (topics) in the Announcements forum are only to be initiated by Forum Administrators. Of course, users are encouraged to post replies where appropriate.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

bboyer

Re: RECOVERING OLD FORUM POSTS...

Unread post by bboyer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:13 pm

MGmirkin wrote:
arc-us wrote:Was anyone able to save p's 4 and 9 from the "Space Station Comp Problem/Columbia Disaster" thread? I have all the others (there were 10 p's total I believe).
Page 9 is currently available on live.com

Page 9

Strangely, I couldn't find page 8. Page 4 was also not available on either Live.com or Google.

Cheers,
~Michael
Thanks, Michael. Got it downloaded. I have all 10 pg's except 4 so guess that's good enough for a recovery.
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:34 pm

It seems to be harder and harder to find threads in Google's cache. I'm thinking it might be getting purged slowly but surely. So, there may be a kind of internet black hole "event horizon" that the cached bits will eventually cross and never be seen or heard from again. Went on a collecting binge a week ago, trying to integrate a bunch of additional articles I hadn't already pulled. Might be the last batch of new stuff I can get. We'll see.

~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

RayTomes

Unread post by RayTomes » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:44 am

I haven't read all the preceding posts, but see that a lot of work has been done on trying to get stuff from google cache. Are you aware that there is an internet archive and that Thunderbolts Forum is in there?

Here is the index page as at 10 Feb 2008 for example
http://web.archive.org/web/200802101920 ... /index.php

You can check out the various versions here
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www ... bolts.info

Don't know if this is any use to you
Ray Tomes
Web site : YouTube : Blog

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:26 pm

Hi Ray,

I tried a few links from the URL's you provided and it appears everything is post crash of T'bolts forum 1.0
I think EUDave said that forum incarnation 1.5 was lined up to be archived, tho that may be fading as well.
Or perhaps i'm not using it correctly.

s

RayTomes

Unread post by RayTomes » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:25 am

seasmith wrote: I tried a few links from the URL's you provided and it appears everything is post crash of T'bolts forum 1.0
I think EUDave said that forum incarnation 1.5 was lined up to be archived, tho that may be fading as well.
Or perhaps i'm not using it correctly.
Try the 2nd link as there are many other dates to go back to. You want the latest one before crash.
Ray Tomes
Web site : YouTube : Blog