Detection of Antimatter Galaxies

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

querious

Re: Detection of Antimatter Galaxies

Unread post by querious » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:09 pm

David wrote:
querious wrote:It is very easy for anybody to verify that "American Journal of Modern Physics" is a fraudulent publication.
Read this post and do the comparison of the papaers mentioned. I did, and it's shocking.

I'll save you some work...

Here's the paper from the fraudulent "American Journal of Modern Physics"

The text was lifted almost wholesale from this paper, and this paper.
Here is a very fascinating article about Ruggero Santilli that delves into his myriad hijinks. It even includes a video clip of the 2008 Santilli-Galilei Academy Award ceremony, where the recipients each received a Gold Medal. Do you notice any familiar faces in the video? Hint: Mr. C and Mr. E

“Finding JV Kadeisvili – or Mailing with Ruggero M Santilli”

http://www.pepijnvanerp.nl/articles/fin ... -santilli/

Thanks David, that was interesting reading.

Funny, as I was reading the above, I was thinking this shyster Santilli reminds me that other clown Myron Evans.

Get this! From http://www.ime.unicamp.br/~walrod/A%20SAD%20STORY.pdf ....
Now, the second fact adds some spice to the “sad story”. In November 2007, while I
was still recuperating from a hearth surgery, I have been informed by some friends that
two new associations dubbed the Santilli-Galilei Association (SGA) and the Santilli-Einstein Academy (SEA) have been created in England. One of the objectives of SGA is
to nominate Mr. Santilli for the Nobel Prizes of Physics, Chemistry and (sic)
Mathematics. At this instant, I started having a very bad felling, which materialized
soon than I expected. For indeed, in a few days after I learned about the existence of
those associations I learned also that Mr. Evans has been made Chairman of them.
Worse, yet was the fact that the SGA at the same time announced that Mr. Evans won a
“Santilli-Galilei gold medal” for his fight against obscurantism in Science. I started
having nausea, for it is well known that Mr. Evans is the king of nonsense, and thus I
decided to contact Mr. Santilli, taking into account that a few months earlier he left
explicit, as already mentioned above, the opinion he had about Mr. Evans papers.
Notice how these losers like to create "societies" where they attach their names to real scientists.

David

Unread post by David » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:27 pm

querious wrote: Thanks David, that was interesting reading.

Funny, as I was reading the above, I was thinking this shyster Santilli reminds me that other clown Myron Evans.

Now, the second fact adds some spice to the “sad story”. In November 2007, while I
was still recuperating from a hearth surgery, I have been informed by some friends that
two new associations dubbed the Santilli-Galilei Association (SGA) and the Santilli-Einstein Academy (SEA) have been created in England. One of the objectives of SGA is
Mathematics. At this instant, I started having a very bad felling, which materialized
soon than I expected. For indeed, in a few days after I learned about the existence of
those associations I learned also that Mr. Evans has been made Chairman of them.
Worse, yet was the fact that the SGA at the same time announced that Mr. Evans won a
“Santilli-Galilei gold medal” for his fight against obscurantism in Science. I started
having nausea, for it is well known that Mr. Evans is the king of nonsense, and thus I
decided to contact Mr. Santilli, taking into account that a few months earlier he left
explicit, as already mentioned above, the opinion he had about Mr. Evans papers.
Notice how these losers like to create "societies" where they attach their names to real scientists.
Oh it’s quite the soap opera. But it gets even better. Evans and Crothers received their Gold Medals in 2008, but take a gander at who won the Gold in 2010:

http://www.telesio-galilei.com/tg/index ... award-2010

querious

Unread post by querious » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:00 pm

David wrote:
querious wrote: Thanks David, that was interesting reading.

Oh it’s quite the soap opera. But it gets even better. Evans and Crothers received their Gold Medals in 2008, but take a gander at who won the Gold in 2010:

http://www.telesio-galilei.com/tg/index ... award-2010

Hmmm... digging into this just starts to give me the heebie-jeebies. It seems like these guys have in common a desperate need to be recognized for their scientific ideas. I guess they let their delusions get the better of them and start creating all kinds of mutual admiration societies. When you dig deeper there's just NOTHING there, just bunch of empty awards all over the place. It just looks like a massive put-up job.

My god, just take a look at the "Current Curriculum Vitae" listed for Myron Evans at the Telesio - Galilei Academy of Science Gold Medal Winners 2008

What a freaking JOKE! Haven't we all received junkmail offering certificates coming from those ridiculous prestige mills?

It looks like Myron must have spent a friggin FORTUNE on them!...

IBA Bronze, Silver and Gold Medals.
 IBC Outstanding People of the Twentieth Century, 2001.
 ABI Five Hundred Leaders of Significance, 2000.
 IBC The First Five Hundred at the New Millennium 2000.
 IBC Outstanding Scientists of the Twentieth Century, (first division).
 IBA and IBC dictionary of International Biography.
 ABI Key Award.
 IBC Millennium Time Capsule Commission.
 IBC Outstanding Intellectuals of the Twentieth Century.
 ABI Deputy Director.
 ABI Universal Award of Accomplishment.
 ABI 2000 Millennium Gold Medal.
 IBC Deputy Director General.
 IBC Advisory Council.
 IBA International Board of Governors.
 ABI International Cultural Diploma.
 ABC International Man of the Year 2000 / 2001.
 IBC Twentieth Century Award.

I mean seriously, what real scientist in his right mind would list this crap on their CV??!?!?

querious

Unread post by querious » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:07 pm

And get this... the President of Telesio - Galilei Academy of Science, where Wallace Thornhill got his "2010 Gold Medal", is Jeremy Dunning-Davies.
He's a TB article by him.

It's like their own insular world divorced from reality.

Then I googled the vice-president, Christian Corda. I'm sorry, but even HIS linked-in page seems to be a con job. His only english-language recommendation comes from a William Fearon, but a quick look at his publications shows even his linked-in page to be an utter fraud.

The 7th picture on this page is very enlightening. I thinks it's where Santilli orchestrates massive amounts of "prestige appearance". I think he's just a rich guy who wanted to be a scientist.

David

Unread post by David » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:24 pm

querious wrote:And get this... the President of Telesio - Galilei Academy of Science, where Wallace Thornhill got his "2010 Gold Medal", is Jeremy Dunning-Davies.

Then I googled the vice-president, Christian Corda. I'm sorry, but even HIS linked-in page seems to be a con job. His only english-language recommendation comes from a William Fearon, but a quick look at his publications shows even his linked-in page to be an utter fraud.

The 7th picture on this page is very enlightening. I thinks it's where Santilli orchestrates massive amounts of "prestige appearance". I think he's just a rich guy who wanted to be a scientist.
We have just walked into a mine field here, so watch where you step and choose your words very carefully. One of the principal site administrators of this forum is listed as an honorary member of the Telesio-Galilei Academy of Science, and he has probably met and is good friends with all of the Gold Medal winners; most certainly Crothers, but possibly Evans, Corda and Dunning-Davies too. Proceed with caution.

http://www.telesio-galilei.com/tg/index ... nd-members

querious

Unread post by querious » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:05 am

David wrote:
querious wrote:And get this... the President of Telesio - Galilei Academy of Science, where Wallace Thornhill got his "2010 Gold Medal", is Jeremy Dunning-Davies.

We have just walked into a mine field here, so watch where you step and choose your words very carefully. One of the principal site administrators of this forum is listed as an honorary member of the Telesio-Galilei Academy of Science, and he has probably met and is good friends with all of the Gold Medal winners; most certainly Crothers, but possibly Evans, Corda and Dunning-Davies too. Proceed with caution.

Hi David,
You're right, I probably have a very good chance of having my posts erased and being banned. However, I don't really care. If it turns out that the fraudulent characters behind these fake mutual admiration societies are also the driving force behind this whole forum, I think I'd rather stay away anyway. Ban away!

One more thing. I must apologize to Myron Evans for my criticism about his awards above. I'm sure he is much too smart to spend actual money on meaningless awards. I bet the IBC and the ABI are actually HIS creations.

querious

Unread post by querious » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:17 pm

David wrote:

I expected, but wasn't seeing, a connection between telesio-galilei, and santilli-galilei. Well , I found it. They seem to be based out of the same POB in Florida...

http://www.zoominfo.com/s/#!search/prof ... id=profile

The R. M. Santilli Foundation, LLC, P. O. Box 1577, Palm Harbor, FL 34682

querious

Unread post by querious » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:58 pm

donborghi wrote:S. Beghella-Bartoli, P. M. Bhujbal, A. Nas
Confirmation of Santilli’s Detection of Antimatter Galaxies via a Telescope with Concave Lenses
American Journal of Modern Physics, Vol. 4, pp 34-41 (2015)
http://www.santilli-foundation.org/docs ... t-2014.pdf

NOTE: Since many of us, myself included, sometimes seek a general overview about a scientist/theory on Wikipedia before diving into a paper – here is a quote about Ruggero Santilli from Karl Popper that a few wiki editors won’t allow to be included in the article.

‘Quantum Theory and the Schism in Physics’
Read the 1982 Preface: ‘On Realistic and Commonsense Interpretation of Quantum Theory’
“I have mentioned Santilli, and I should like to say that he-one who belongs to a new generation - seems to me to move on a different path. Far be it from me to belittle the giants who founded quantum mechanics under the leadership of Planck, Einstein, Bohr, Born, Heisenberg, de Broglie, Schrodinger, and Dirac. Santilli too makes it very clear how greatly he appreciates the work of these men. But in his approach he distinguishes the region of the ‘arena of incontrovertible applicability’ of quantum mechanics (he calls it ‘atomic mechanics’) from nuclear mechanics and hadronics, and his most fascinating arguments in support of the view that quantum mechanics should not, without new tests, be regarded as valid in nuclear and Hadronic mechanics, seem to me to augur a return to sanity: to that realism and objectivism for which Einstein stood, and which had been abandoned by those two very great physicists, Heisenberg and Bohr.” – Karl Popper 1982
In case you were wondering, Santilli’s new species of Magnetically bonded fuels mentioned in the article, were tested by CCNY to have over a 10,000 F flame temperature, verified by the Edison Welding Institute to cut metal 38% faster than acetylene while using LESS 02, and in Jan 2015, the New York City Fire Department approved the fuel as their new metal rescue cutting fuel of choice.

None of those facts are allowed Santilli’s article by the editors in control.

History tends to repeat itself.
“My dear Kepler, what would you say of the learned here, who, replete with the pertinacity of the asp, have steadfastly refused to cast a glance through the telescope? What shall we make of this? Shall we laugh, or shall we cry?” - Galileo Galilei
That quote by Karl Popper was in regards to Santilli's insistence that the nucleus was composed only of electrons and protons. That view is now known to be wrong.

donborghi

Unread post by donborghi » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:02 pm

I am sorry, is this The Skeptics Forum or Thunderbolts? :oops:

I never got very far with my ‘investigation’ of the “Telesio-Galilei” organization as the first member I looked up was Jeremy Dunning-Davies (a Thunderbolts contributor) which in turn led me to his book, “The Exploding Myth”. In that book Davies provided praise to Dr. Santilli theories and mentioned how Karl Popper’s felt the same by referencing Popper’s quotation (in my 1st post) from the preface of his book:

From that point, I dove right into a technical review of the scientific content and experimental verifications of Dr. Santilli’s papers starting with the paper Popper referenced (published in FOUNDATION OF PHYSICS) from back when Dr. Santilli was a part of academia (MIT, Harvard, etc).

An Intriguing Legacy of Einstein, Fermi, Jordan, and Others: “The Possible Invalidation of Quark Conjectures’, Foundations of Physics 11, 5/6, 1981

I never saw the point of going back to ‘investigate’ the “Telesio-Galilei” organization because it could have absolutely ZERO bearing on the validity of Dr. Santilli’s Magnegas – which was the case laid out by the 42 year old unemployed Dutch Skeptic who claimed on his blog that was somehow the ‘proof’ (lol) that Santilli’s Magnegas was just “pseudoscience”. (again, Van Erp has been TOTALLY debunked on that - or do I need to repeat my earlier post?)

It’s sort of like arguing that if I go to attend Steven Spielberg’s new movie Jurassic World, I will find myself in a dark room with no actual movie being played because of Spielberg’s involvement giving money over to Bernie Madoff. Of course, that’s not to insinuate that there is anything nefarious going on with the ‘Telesio-Galilei’ group as I don’t know, as I admittedly never really looked into it because it’s totally irrelevant to anything except placating the delusional ramblings of 'internet skeptics' set out to defend the paradigm with whimsical conspiracy theories, specious reasoning, and outright fraudulent claims.

It’s rather shocking though to find that people on this board hold a debunked Dutch blogger in higher regard than Karl Popper, GM, CCNY, Edison Welding Institute, The New York City Fire Department and MIT Annals of Physics.

I mean it's just absurd that anyone would listen to this kid. He literally argues that Dr. Santilli tries to “hold up the appearance of a serious scientist and tries to get some of his articles published in regular journals”.. ?? Ya, right, if you want to hold up the “appearance” of “serious scientist” you do not DARE even question the BIG BANG, DARK MATTER, QUARKS, EINSTEIN GRAVITATION, let alone call them out as the non-sense they are :lol:

He goes onto claim that Santilli was once a scientist with a “normal career” until he “turned his back on regular science” (what is “regular” science btw? Lol).

Anyone with a shred of scientific knowledge, (and who took the time to READ before judging) could understand that Santilli has been calling out the non-sense in orthodox science since his days at Harvard and MIT

Partons and gravitation: some puzzling questions
R. M. Santilli, (MIT) Annals of Physics Vol. 13, 108-157 (1974)

querious

Unread post by querious » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:02 pm

donborghi wrote:It’s rather shocking though to find that people on this board hold a debunked Dutch blogger in higher regard than Karl Popper, GM, CCNY, Edison Welding Institute, The New York City Fire Department and MIT Annals of Physics.

Huh? who said anything about a dutch blogger? Why are you misdirecting? Is what I said about Popper above wrong in any way?

David

Unread post by David » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:24 pm

The Dutch blogger is “Pepijn van Erp”, the author of “Finding JV Kadeisvili – or Mailing with Ruggero M Santilli”.

http://www.pepijnvanerp.nl/articles/fin ... -santilli/

Scroll down to the articles comments section and you will discover that "Pepijn van Erp" and "donborghi" have previously crossed paths:

"Found this hilarious remark on the Yahoo! Finance message board concerning Magnegas. There is at least one user (‘donborghi’) on that forum promoting the MagneGas story and defending Santilli against any criticism. Now he suggests that one of those more critical users is in fact me using flattering words: ‘In the spirit of assumption though, dollars to doughnuts YOU are that pathetic HUMAN FAILURE blogger named Pepijn V.E. The dutch “skeptisis” who is a bigger loser than that Qwxyerian Wikipedia guy’ ;-)

"Don’t worry ‘donborghi’ (or should we perhaps call you Santilli?), I don’t use obscure aliases when criticising pseudoscience." -- Pepijn van Erp (Nov 21, 2013)

JeffreyW

Unread post by JeffreyW » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:42 pm

This is a very interesting read. I hope this information doesn't get removed. Charles if you are reading this can you save this thread on the QDL site? Oh and I just recently visited the site, thank you so much for keeping the stelmeta thread updated! You're the greatest!
http://vixra.org/pdf/1711.0206v4.pdf The Main Book on Stellar Metamorphosis, Version 4

JeffreyW

Unread post by JeffreyW » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:57 pm

querious wrote:It's like their own insular world divorced from reality.
Just like Big Bang Creationists.
http://vixra.org/pdf/1711.0206v4.pdf The Main Book on Stellar Metamorphosis, Version 4

donborghi

Unread post by donborghi » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:04 am

David wrote:.... "Pepijn van Erp" and "donborghi" have previously crossed paths......

"Don’t worry ‘donborghi’ (or should we perhaps call you Santilli?), I don’t use obscure aliases when criticising pseudoscience." -- Pepijn van Erp (Nov 21, 2013)
Pepijn makes a lot of false claims – like how “All the official documents, like certifications confirm" that Magnegas is just a “syngas” – which is as ABSURD as it is FALSE. Syngases are known to have about half the power of methane and Magnegas has been officially verified by Edison Welding to cut steel 38% faster than acetylene. Not only that, but the new versions of the fuel using vegetable oil as a feedstock only contains trace amounts of carbon monoxide (one of the prime ingredients of what is defined as syngas)

Some other whoppers the kid has told is that the addition of ‘water vapor’ to a syngas would account for boosting the flame temperature up over 4,000 degrees hotter than acetylene while also accounting for the 9-12% surplus of 02 in Magnegas emissions… rflol.

My favorite though is how he claims I am secretly an 80 year old Italian American Mathematician and Theoretical Particle Physicist. :lol:

There are two sides to every story. If you want to hear someone else blog about Pepijn, check out this blog. http://polarbearspalaver.blogspot.com/2 ... n-erp.html

querious

Unread post by querious » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:00 pm

Zyxzevn wrote:I first thought this was a 1 april joke.
They used wrong lenses in their telescopes, that are supposed to see anti matter light.
Something that can be tested in laboratory.
And is, as we know, just like normal light.

But I have a new project for them:
Someone should tell them you can see dark matter best if you close your eyes.

Hi Zyxzevn,
The "AntiMatter Galaxy" article wasn't exactly written as an April Fool's joke. Instead, the bogus article in the bogus journal seems to me to have been written with the sole purpose as a vehicle providing an opportunity to promote MagneGas, which "donborghi" admits he spends copious amounts of time doing on Yahoo! finance boards.