Apologies for the recent outage....

New threads (topics) in the Announcements forum are only to be initiated by Forum Administrators. Of course, users are encouraged to post replies where appropriate.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Apologies for the recent outage....

Unread post by davesmith_au » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:01 pm

Thanks to all those who mailed regarding the site being down over the last few hours. It was not only the forum but also the site proper, as there was a server-side problem. This has now been rectified, and all is well again. As there were so many emails letting me know, please accept this post as my personal thank you to each and every one who mailed to let me know.

Cheers, Dave Smith.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

antoniseb

OT: Thanks

Unread post by antoniseb » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:38 am

Off-Topic (sorry)

Your forum doesn't have a meta section where you can discuss things related to the forum, but I wanted to thank Dave Smith for coming by the BAUT forum, and helping to stop a situation where a member of both forums was complaining on our forum about a perceived unfairness here.

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Re: Apologies for the recent outage....

Unread post by davesmith_au » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:27 am

antoniseb wrote:Off-Topic (sorry)

Your forum doesn't have a meta section where you can discuss things related to the forum, but I wanted to thank Dave Smith for coming by the BAUT forum, and helping to stop a situation where a member of both forums was complaining on our forum about a perceived unfairness here.
No worries antoniseb, all in a day's goofing off! Seriously though, it is often very difficult to address such problems without them flaring into screaming matches which do credit to no-one. I appreciate you closing the thread and putting a swift end to a distasteful and unnecessary discussion. Thanks.

Cheers, Dave Smith.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster