electric life

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

MarcusDrake

electric life

Unread post by MarcusDrake » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:56 pm

I saw something akin to Kirlian photography a while back, but the interesting thing is that when a photograph was taken of a torn leaf, the photo showed the outline of the whole leaf.

So thinking about it, I came to the conclusion that the basic framework for living structures is precise manipulation of an electrical field. Look at a tree. The trunk divides and becomes branches which subdivide into smaller branches, just as a bolt of lightning forks into smaller and smaller branches of current. As current flows up through a seedling, the E-field is manipulated by the cells of the plant and material (the compounds broken down by biological processes into building blocks) naturally snaps into place like little magnetic puzzle pieces. Unlike animals, which all have nearly identical features, trees can have and size or number of branches in any direction. The electric currents vary greatly from one geographic location to another and so the trees will grow very differently.

Animal life, on the other hand, operates by creating its own field from scratch and working from there, giving much more variety to the forms that can be created.

I haven't seen anything mentioned of this on the forums and was wondering what you guys think of this.
"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." Albert Einstein

Orlando

Re: electric life

Unread post by Orlando » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:09 pm

I was planning on starting a topic so, i will post it here.

The Bioelectric Cell
Every living cell has a membrane potential (of about -70mV), with the inside of the cell being negative relative to its external surface. The cell membrane potential is strongly linked to the cell membrane transport mechanisms in that much of the material that passes across the membrane is ionic (charged particles), thus if the movement of charged particles changes, then it will influence the membrane potential. Conversely, if the membrane potential changes, it will influence the movement of ions.

Relative to the size of the cell, the membrane potential is massive. The membrane is, on average 7-10 nm thick (a nanometre is a thousandth of a millionth of a metre). The equivalent voltage is somewhere in the order of 10 million volts per metre (which is reasonably impressive!).
Lightning Bolts within Cells

Using novel voltage-sensitive nanoparticles, researchers have found electric fields inside cells as strong as those produced in lightning bolts. Previously, it has only been possible to measure electric fields across cell membranes, not within the main bulk of cells. It's not clear what causes these strong fields or what they might mean. But now that it's possible to measure them, researchers hope to learn about disease states such as cancer by studying these electric fields.

University of Michigan researchers led by chemistry professor Raoul Kopelman encapsulated voltage-sensitive dyes in polymer spheres just 30 nanometers in diameter. When illuminated with blue light, the voltage-sensitive dyes emit a mixture of red and green light; the exact frequency of light emitted is influenced by the strength of local electric fields, allowing the researchers to measure those fields. Testing these nanoparticles in the internal fluid of brain-cancer cells, Kopelman found electric fields as strong as 15 million volts per meter, perhaps five times stronger than the field found in a lightning bolt.

Cellular Circuit: A cell can be thought of as a circuit made up of capacitors and resistors. Its membrane and those of its organelles, such as the nucleus, act like capacitors. The briny liquid encased within the membranes, the cytosol and nucleoplasm, is conductive and so can be modeled as resistors.

Illustration: Bryan Christie Design

My questions: Why not name this area of study Plasma Biology?
What if space was just a bloodstream of some creature we are inside of?
Could a blood cell see the fluid it is traveling in?
If it were to gaze into its space would it see Stars?
Is the sun a cell or the milky way?

I say 'If the shoe fits"
Thanks for the topic Marcus
Peace Or
Teach me a fact and I'll learn; Tell me the truth and I'll Believe;
Tell me a Story and it will live in my Heart forever--

Native American Proverb

MarcusDrake

Unread post by MarcusDrake » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:42 pm

That's really interesting and very cool, Or. Thanks for the info.

I certainly can see how electricity molds more of our universe than traditionally thought. I figured that if electricity was really the foundation of chemistry, then life must utilize electricity. Birkeland currents form twisting strands and so does DNA. Coincidence? I think not...
"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." Albert Einstein

Scott MC

Unread post by Scott MC » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:13 pm

Every instance of life ever observed has originated from another life.

There has been no observation of life arising by any other means.

Is this correct?
99.999+% of everything can't be that simple, can it?

allynh

Unread post by allynh » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:16 pm

This looks interesting. There is an annoying video that starts when you open the page.

Bright flash of light marks incredible moment life begins when sperm meets egg
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016 ... ns-when-s/
Sarah Knapton, science editor
26 APRIL 2016 • 11:49AM
Human life begins in bright flash of light as a sperm meets an egg, scientists have shown for the first time, after capturing the astonishing ‘fireworks’ on film.

An explosion of tiny sparks erupts from the egg at the exact moment of conception.

Scientists had seen the phenomenon occur in other animals but it is the first time is has been also shown to happen in humans.

“To see the zinc radiate out in a burst from each human egg was breathtaking.”
Professor Teresa Woodruff, Northwestern University
Not only is it an incredible spectacle, highlighting the very moment that a new life begins, the size of the flash can be used to determine the quality of the fertilised egg.

Researchers from Northwestern University, in Chicago, noticed that some of the eggs burn brighter than others, showing that they are more likely to produce a healthy baby.
one copy.jpg
Eggs flash as they meet sperm enzyme, capturing the moment that life begins CREDIT: NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY
The discovery could help fertility doctors pick the best fertilised eggs to transfer during in vitro fertilisation (IVF).

“It was remarkable,” said Professor Teresa Woodruff, one of the study’s two senior authors and an expert in ovarian biology at Northwestern.

“We discovered the zinc spark just five years ago in the mouse, and to see the zinc radiate out in a burst from each human egg was breathtaking.

“This means if you can look at the zinc spark at the time of fertilization, you will know immediately which eggs are the good ones to transfer in in vitro fertilization.

“It’s a way of sorting egg quality in a way we’ve never been able to assess before. “All of biology starts at the time of fertilization, yet we know next to nothing about the events that occur in the human.”
two copy.jpg
A fluorescent flash captures the moment that sperm enzyme enters the egg CREDIT: NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY
Currently around 50 per cent of fertilised eggs do not develop properly and experts believe that faulty genetic code could be responsible.

Some clinics take videos of the egg developing to try pick up problems early, while others check for genetic mutations, but that is an invasive procedure which can damage the tiny egg. Often it is just down to a clinician decided which eggs look the healthiest.

But the new findings could give and extra indication that an egg is flourishing. A video of nine human eggs coming into contact with sperm enzyme showed two flashed much brighter than the rest.

“This is an important discovery because it may give us a non-invasive and easily visible way to assess the health of an egg and eventually an embryo before implantation,” said co-author Dr Eve Feinberg, who took care of the patients who provided eggs for the basic science study and collaborated with the research team.

“There are no tools currently available that tell us if it’s a good quality egg. Often we don’t know whether the egg or embryo is truly viable until we see if a pregnancy ensues.

“That’s the reason this is so transformative. If we have the ability up front to see what is a good egg and what’s not, it will help us know which embryo to transfer, avoid a lot of heartache and achieve pregnancy much more quickly.”
three copy.jpg
The top right and bottom left egg flashed brighter showing they were healthier CREDIT: NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY
The bright flash occurs because when sperm enters an egg it leads to a surge of calcium which triggers the release of zinc from the egg. As the zinc shoots out, it binds to small molecules which emit a fluorescence which can be picked up by camera microscopes.

Over the last six years this team has shown that zinc controls the decision to grow and change into a completely new genetic organism.

In the experiment, scientists use sperm enzyme rather than actual sperm to show what happens at the moment of conception.

“These fluorescence microscopy studies establish that the zinc spark occurs in human egg biology, and that can be observed outside of the cell,” said Professor Tom O’Halloran, a co-senior author.

In a companion paper published in Scientific Reports on March 18, a zinc spark is shown at the precise time a sperm enters a mouse egg.

This discovery was made by Nan Zhang, a postdoctoral fellow at Northwestern. Little is known about the events that occur at the time of fertilization, because it is difficult to capture the precise time of sperm entry.

The study will be published April 26 in Scientific Reports.

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Fri May 13, 2016 8:48 am

For a thorough examination of the electrical nature of living cells, I'd like to refer readers to Cells, Gels, and the Engines of Life, by Dr. Gerald Pollack of the University of Washington. Pollack also authored The Fourth Phase of Water, which you can get a glimpse into by watching one of his YouTube presentations, such as:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gBv7CgcJ8w
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

Sovereign Slave

Unread post by Sovereign Slave » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:24 pm

From Orlando’s post from The Bioelectric Cell, specifically, “Relative to the size of the cell, the membrane potential is massive. The membrane is, on average 7-10 nm thick (a nanometre is a thousandth of a millionth of a metre). The equivalent voltage is somewhere in the order of 10 million volts per metre (which is reasonably impressive!).”

I’ve not read the book, and have just begun to read about the dynamics of electricity in the body from an academic/research perspective. My question to those who have read more extensively about this is whether you have run across discussions or references about cultivating and strengthening electricity within the body for health benefits, such as energy cultivation practices like chi gong.

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:20 am

Sovereign Slave wrote:From Orlando’s post from The Bioelectric Cell, specifically, “Relative to the size of the cell, the membrane potential is massive. The membrane is, on average 7-10 nm thick (a nanometre is a thousandth of a millionth of a metre). The equivalent voltage is somewhere in the order of 10 million volts per metre (which is reasonably impressive!).”

I’ve not read the book, and have just begun to read about the dynamics of electricity in the body from an academic/research perspective. My question to those who have read more extensively about this is whether you have run across discussions or references about cultivating and strengthening electricity within the body for health benefits, such as energy cultivation practices like chi gong.
Dr Jerry Tennant was at the Thunderbolts conference 2017 and he had very interesting insights into our electrical bodies. How our muscles are like batteries and that our tooth are the end of our electrical circuit, if tooth is pulled or root canal not finished properly it affects our health, and certain teeth are connected to different organs etc. And he talked about using a device to increase charge to an organ directly to improve functioning.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

Zyxzevn

Unread post by Zyxzevn » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:39 pm

Some more on electrical life.
The Regenerative Wisdom of The Body: Michael Levin
In the end he talks about how the structure of bodies can be seen and manipulated with electrical fields.
I hope the follow-up talk will soon be available too.
More ** from zyxzevn at: Paradigm change and C@

Andrew N

Unread post by Andrew N » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:29 pm

"My questions: Why not name this area of study Plasma Biology?
What if space was just a bloodstream of some creature we are inside of?
Could a blood cell see the fluid it is traveling in?
If it were to gaze into its space would it see Stars?
Is the sun a cell or the milky way?"

I was saying something similar here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17092

To me, it makes sense to think that inside each of us, there is a universe of cells and atoms. And that from the perspective of the "electron", it might look exactly like the Universe does to us. Pretty cool thought.

Douwe Mossterd

Unread post by Douwe Mossterd » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:15 pm

My personal view is as follows:

I understand that matter has 4 states: Solid, Liquid, Gas and Plasma.
Matter in Plasma state consists of independend particels in a free and random dispersion in time and space. Those particels are the result of the tension between Eternety and Infinity. They are mere magnetic fields in a dense state only to be observed by the grace of passage of time and called Electricity. Eternity is the permanent state of time and Infinity is the permanent state of space and manifests its self as Energy.

It all has no start or finish and therefore cannot be eliminated or divided.

The universal force of it all is called: LIFE! We are living beeings and an integral part of the living universe.

To be able to explane this phenomena is is quite reasonable to name particels by names as Proton, Neutron, Electron etc. They all have there own part of conciesness by which they can interact.
It is by nature not possible to devide or disintergrate magnetic fields; what is shown in the hopelessly complicated Hydron Collider of the CERN. All they can come up with is a Higg's particle so short lived that it could only be seen by sophisticsted electronic devices and uncomprehensible mathematic formulas.
What they see is a distortion of a self realighning magnetic field, that is all!

All physical properties, biloligical processes and philosofical views are therefore the result of this analogue caracter of magnetic fields and electric currents. Their interactions are instant and can be seen as digital, alive or dead. It enables man to understand the universe with his mind and its conciousness, it enabels all plant and animal life to cope with there existence, it enabels celectial bodies to form and maintain there independent positions.
Gravity as a mono directional force can not explane the universe, although it is workable on Earth.

So, no need for Black holes, Dark energy, Big bang or Higg's particels. Mathematicians can help to explain but cannot give the slolution, they make it much to complicated. I forgot who said it: If there are severel solutions to a problem, take the most simple. The Electric Universe does that, SAM does that, SAFIRE project does that and even Farraday and Nicolai Tesla did so.

Here I pay my regards all independent minds of those great people who brought me to this view:
Teilhard Dujardin, Michal Farraday, Birkland, Heissenberg, Nies Bohr, Manuel Velikovski, Wallace Thornhill, Rupert sheldrake and many, many others.
Think fee is to be free.