Why do you say the BB is a "Biblical" creation story?

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

nick c
Site Admin

Re: Why do you say the BB is a "Biblical" creation story?

Unread post by nick c » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:40 am

My own personal experience with the Saturn theory as well as Velikovskian type neo catastrophism is that once accepted, it screams at me in my daily experience.
The realization that it permeates all aspects of our society and explains so many rituals and customs; for example...the Christmas tree (polar configuration) decorated with lights and a star at the top, the Bride's (Comet Venus) white gown with a long flowing trail, the King (Kronos/Saturn) wearing his crown while sitting upon his throne, Humpty Dumpty (the destruction of the polar configuration) and other nursery rhymes we tell our children, the nuclear tipped ICBM (destruction from the sky) with a star painted on its side.....
I could go on and on...

Brigit Bara

Unread post by Brigit Bara » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:43 pm

by nick c » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:40 am
"My own personal experience with the Saturn theory as well as Velikovskian type neo catastrophism is that once accepted, it screams at me in my daily experience."

That sounds fun -- let's try this with a few images.

What is this a picture of?
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

Brigit Bara

Unread post by Brigit Bara » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:32 pm

James jacques joseph tissot triumph of the will - the challenge)
James Tissot
[Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

Brigit Bara

Unread post by Brigit Bara » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:54 pm

These are some pictures with similar visual elements such as spears and conflict.

Does this outward similitude automatically make the image interpretation, intent of the creator, and meaning of the works identical?

Maybe for some.

Others may feel that with all imagery, celebration, commemoration, symbolism, allegory and myth, what a person doesn't see is just as interesting as what he sees.
~Homer

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:26 pm

Feathers, swords, writhing serpents or fire breathing dragons, and long flowing hair are all cometary archetypes. The word "comet" is ..."late Old English, from Latin cometa, from Greek komētēs ‘long-haired (star)’, from komē ‘hair’; reinforced by Old French comete ."
Valkyrie.JPG
Also in the first image (of the Valkyrie) we are dealing with an artist's interpretation of a myth. The myth of course has cosmic origins, but the artist introduced some interesting (I assume subconsciously) juxtapositioning in his composition. Notice the Valkyrie's shield takes the form of a disc and is so placed that the Valkyries flowing hair appears to aligned with the disc, much like the writhing plasma tail of a giant comet.
The helmet of the man in the lower right has a horn (presumably there is another horn on the opposite side outside the view) that would form a crescent. Talbot has written extensively on the role of the crescent in the Saturnian configuration. The crescent is often associated in myth with Venus. Of course, Venus presents phases and sometimes a crescent shape even today, as seen from Earth. The Valkyries' helmet has feathered wings which are also in the form of a crescent. Again, cometary tails are in mythologies from around the world described as feathered or hairy stars.

JP Michael

Unread post by JP Michael » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:57 pm

Although these 5 posts are rather off-topic now, I just could not resist posting a photo from my recent holiday in Korea. These symbols are prolific in Korea and China, occuring on almost every building that has traditional tiling styles:

Which leads me into another missed archetype: The Fish of Heaven.

The Golden Carp of Asian myth was sacred because it was a configuration of the planets in the past, with interconnecting plasma.