Big questions about the past, but what about the future?

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Electrodynamic

Re: Big questions about the past, but what about the future?

Unread post by Electrodynamic » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:32 pm

Webbman
you have to leave fantasy land. No one cares what you know or can do.
They only care if you'll go along with being exploited or not.
If no one cares what we know or can do then why would they want to exploit us?. Exploit: to use someone or something unfairly for our own advantage. Obviously there is little or no advantage in exploiting someone who does not know anything or can do anything of value thus you seem to have contradicted yourself.

In fact, as a business owner, I can tell you everyone does care what we know and can do which has real value. In fact my phone is constantly ringing with people wanting me to do any number of things they cannot do. That's the way the game works... the more we know and can do the more people call offering money for our services. At the moment I'm swamped and have had to turn away a lot of business.

Concerning the future, it looks bright and the average person now has access to automation, robotics, 3D printing and new customers on a global scale. From experience I have found the only people being exploited are the one's who let themselves be exploited, it's a choice we make. Why they let it happen is beyond me.

Webbman

Unread post by Webbman » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:04 am

It truely is beyond you. At least for the moment.
its all lies.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:46 am

It seems to me that the original post in this thread is asking the question that if we as a species and Earth as a planet has undergone such a stressful recent catastrophic past, then what does the future hold?

Here is my take:
We are now living in a relatively peaceful solar system so we should enjoy it and prepare for the contingency of another cosmic threat. Our goal as a species should be to collectively get out into space and seek to find other habitable worlds even if that goal is going to take hundreds of years to accomplish.

Obviously, given world politics and events, humankind is not prepared to devote significant resources to such a task. As mankind is currently acting as an amnesia victim (devoted to subconsciously simulating and repeating the forgotten events of the past that once threatened our existence) there is little prospect for progress in the direction of healing at least in the immediate future.

The human race is not at fault, but is rather a victim, a metaphorical survivor - still reeling, groggy, and not thinking clear. We are the descendants of the survivors of a series of great extinction threatening events. We interpreted the thunderbolts as being punishment from the gods. That threat is now gone but we continue to punish ourselves.

The TBP is part of an attempt to heal. Will it be successful? time will tell, but the effort is necessary given the alternatives.

What are cosmic prospects?
The EU teaches us that our Sun like all stars, is dependent on the galactic currents in which it is embedded. All stars are potentially variable and things can change in a short period of time. That is our condition, get used to it. Mainstream Science tells us that the Sun is going to shine at the same steady state we see now, for many millions more years. That is wishful thinking, again it is the product of mankind in amnesia, and its main purpose is to give an unwarranted reassurance of cosmic security.

Velikovsky wrote on this subject in the end of Worlds In Collision 1950, P 373:
A large comet arriving from interstellar space may run into one of the planets and push it from its orbit; then chaos may start anew. Also, some dark star, like Jupiter or Saturn, may be in the path of the sun, and may be attracted to the system and cause havoc in it.

highlight added

Webbman

Unread post by Webbman » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:02 am

Velikovsky is a good case study for what happens when insiders distribute information from "off limits" archives to the general populace. You gotta like a guy who can go against a rough grain like that.
its all lies.