Dr. Jordan B. Peterson - Maps of Meaning

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Midnitehound

Dr. Jordan B. Peterson - Maps of Meaning

Unread post by Midnitehound » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:51 pm

I am sure some of you will be aware of Dr. Jordan B. Peterson's work and the rapid growth in his popularity and following among free thinkers and truth seekers on youtube. He is at the top of his field.

If someone can somehow bring him on board in the right way (Dave?), particularly the Comparative Mythology side of things I think he would be a great asset in as significant a way as Ben Davidson.

https://www.youtube.com/user/JordanPetersonVideos

I'm sure he would find Symbols of an Alien Sky fascinating.

It would be great to see him speak about mythology and symbolism in respect to the human condition at the EU conference 2018. I understand his tenure may be an obstacle but then he has already 'risked all' by his line in the sand approach to Cultural Marxism infecting Canadian higher education and law making.

Please make comment with your impressions and check out his youtube channel and mythology lecture series.

Will the Electrician

Re: Dr. Jordan B. Peterson - Maps of Meaning

Unread post by Will the Electrician » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:33 pm

I've never heard him make mention of Velikovsky, but surely he is at least somewhat familiar with his work, since they are both in the same field of study. I believe it is Jung whom speaks of collective psychological mindsets, as does Velikovsky with his notion of collective amnesia or PTSD from a historical cataclysm. I wish someone in our community with a bit of notoriety could snag him for an interview, I'm keenly curious what would come of it.
The future is Electric, as it is now, and as it was in the past. Now we see it.

Younger Dryas

Unread post by Younger Dryas » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:20 am

As a fellow Mason, I'm not sure his obligations would allow him to contribute with TB in a meaningful way. Which is a shame.
"I decided to believe, as you might decide to take
an aspirin: It can't hurt, and you might get better."
-- Umberto Eco Foucault's Pendulum (1988)

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:03 am

I listened to this man for 30 seconds and turned 360 degrees and walked away.

He speaks in 'nothings'.

Not interesting at all.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

JeffreyW

Unread post by JeffreyW » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:35 am

D_Archer wrote:I listened to this man for 30 seconds and turned 360 degrees and walked away.

He speaks in 'nothings'.

Not interesting at all.

Regards,
Daniel
I noticed that too. I wouldn't phrase it as "nothings" I would phrase it as he abstracts so highly that he ends up not saying anything at all. Kind of like what mathematicians do.
http://vixra.org/pdf/1711.0206v4.pdf The Main Book on Stellar Metamorphosis, Version 4

Younger Dryas

Unread post by Younger Dryas » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:23 pm

allynh

Unread post by allynh » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:14 pm

Trigger Warning: this post may upset you, which is why I just have the links, not the full article they way I usually do. HA!

This is a good article by Gary Lachman about Peterson.

What Is Jordan B. Peterson Really Saying?
https://www.newdawnmagazine.com/article ... lly-saying

To add to the article, watch this video.

Alternative Math | Short Film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh3Yz3PiXZw

Robertus Maximus

Unread post by Robertus Maximus » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:12 pm

Why Jordan Peterson?

It comes as a great puzzle to me as to why the thunderbolts project would wish to hear the comments of Jordan Peterson with respect to the main ideas of the electric universe.

For anyone familiar with Dr Peterson’s 'campaigns' it is clear that his ‘fight’ is primarily with the various university campuses’ Orwellian Marxoid redefinition of the English language.

And the consequences of such a redefinition- the origins of which come straight from the Frankfurt School.

Jordan Peterson rightly raises these issues in the political theatre.

Surely the regressive aims of the Marxoid fascist globalist Political Elite are not for discussion on a ‘free thinking’ science forum?

Younger Dryas

Unread post by Younger Dryas » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:56 pm

Robertus Maximus wrote:Why Jordan Peterson?

It comes as a great puzzle to me as to why the thunderbolts project would wish to hear the comments of Jordan Peterson with respect to the main ideas of the electric universe.

For anyone familiar with Dr Peterson’s 'campaigns' it is clear that his ‘fight’ is primarily with the various university campuses’ Orwellian Marxoid redefinition of the English language.

And the consequences of such a redefinition- the origins of which come straight from the Frankfurt School.

Jordan Peterson rightly raises these issues in the political theatre.

Surely the regressive aims of the Marxoid fascist globalist Political Elite are not for discussion on a ‘free thinking’ science forum?

I'm guessing it has more to do with his 1+million youtube video views ...