Nothing Cannot Exist

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Total Science

Nothing Cannot Exist

Unread post by Total Science » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:15 pm

Stephen Smith taught me a new word yesterday: reification.

Thanks Stephen, you rock.

Halton Arp said that the amateur astronomer John Dobson sometimes would wear a sign that said, "Nothing cannot exist."

A man walks into a bar. The bartender asks him what he wants. "Nothing," he says. "So why did you come in here for nothing?" "Because nothing is better than a dry martini."
"The ancients possessed a plasma cosmology and physics themselves, and from laboratory experiments, were well familiar with the patterns exhibited by Peratt's petroglyphs." -- Joseph P. Farrell, author, 2007

earls

Re: Nothing Cannot Exist

Unread post by earls » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:01 pm

lol.

Agreed, you can't get something from nothing, hence if you have something, you can't have nothing!

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:13 pm

Humans have understood this for thousands of years. See the writings of Parmenides or the Rig Veda for example. The joke is almost as old.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Total Science

Unread post by Total Science » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:04 am

Grey Cloud wrote:Humans have understood this for thousands of years. See the writings of Parmenides or the Rig Veda for example. The joke is almost as old.
Apparently contemporary scientists haven't learned anything from their elders because Einstein and his unthinking followers believe that space is a material object that has a shape.
"The ancients possessed a plasma cosmology and physics themselves, and from laboratory experiments, were well familiar with the patterns exhibited by Peratt's petroglyphs." -- Joseph P. Farrell, author, 2007

StevenO

Unread post by StevenO » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:56 am

Total Science wrote:Apparently contemporary scientists haven't learned anything from their elders because Einstein and his unthinking followers believe that space is a material object that has a shape.
But...then they have learned something, right...since they say it is not 'nothing' ?
First, God decided he was lonely. Then it got out of hand. Now we have this mess called life...
The past is out of date. Start living your future. Align with your dreams. Now execute.

Tina

Unread post by Tina » Sat May 09, 2009 6:42 am

Didn't the notion of 'something cannot come from nothing' underlie Hoyle's coining of the phrase Big Bang?

Total Science

Unread post by Total Science » Sat May 09, 2009 8:51 am

Tina wrote:Didn't the notion of 'something cannot come from nothing' underlie Hoyle's coining of the phrase Big Bang?
Probably. The Big Bang violates conservation of matter and conservation of energy.

"I myself have had always problems with this point of view [The Big Bang] because they are somewhat against the principles of physics, the most basic principles of physics, which are related with the conservation of matter and conservation of energy." — Andre K. Assis, plasma physicist, 2000

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Sat May 09, 2009 12:26 pm

Banking ponzie schemes, make something from nothing...banks call it "leverage". This is then sold to other banks and so on creating more of this something from nothing. Then the big bonus effect kicks in, which increases for a very few, a lot of something from nothing.

The effect continues for years till a critical mass is reached and the zero point collapses. This then causes a rebound effect of an influx of more something from the government, to cover the original nothing that started all the big bonus effects and due to the mirror effect (near as I can tell) the big bonus effect of something from nothing, is again set in motion to a very select few, who prove that something from nothing can go a long time and have lucritive returns.

This something from nothing effect is quite real. It exists in the halls of congress and the halls of commerce, which seem to have this magical ability, till the zero point effect returns to implode more then the banks. What a grand design. Created by the Federal Reserve. Wheels and Wheels in a Spiral Array, a Pattern so Grand and Complex....Time after Time We Lose Sight of Our Way, Our Causes Cannot See Their Effects. I have seen something from nothing profit a very few and continue to do so. This debate about something from nothing, and weather nothing can exist, I think is settled. Its called the Lie. Oldest Nothing in the Book.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

rcglinsk

Unread post by rcglinsk » Sun May 10, 2009 12:08 am

Yes Jungle, our economic problems fundamentally arise from using nothing as money and letting the people who make the profit decide how much nothing we use. Even if you want to use nothing as money, trusting the people who stand to profit is always a mistake.

altonhare

Unread post by altonhare » Tue May 12, 2009 9:54 am

Total Science wrote:Stephen Smith taught me a new word yesterday: reification.

Thanks Stephen, you rock.

Halton Arp said that the amateur astronomer John Dobson sometimes would wear a sign that said, "Nothing cannot exist."

A man walks into a bar. The bartender asks him what he wants. "Nothing," he says. "So why did you come in here for nothing?" "Because nothing is better than a dry martini."
SImply translate the sentence.

Nothing cannot exist.

No-thing: no object

No object can not exist.

Cancel the double negative.

Objects can exist.

This is true, objects can indeed exist.
Physicist: This is a pen

Mathematician: It's pi*r2*h

jtb

Unread post by jtb » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:54 am

Nothing cannot exist.

Cancel one of the double negatives and you get: No thing can exist.

No-thing: no object

No object can exist.

It is impossible to prove a negative. “No object” is a negative and impossible to prove. It cannot be proven that an object does not exist. Only positive evidence of existence can be provided. For example, how do you prove that you do not exist? You can only provide evidence that you do exist: “hey look, I’m here”, a picture, a SSN, drivers license, etc.... Now that you have proven that you do exist, how do you prove you do not exist? You can’t. You can discredit the evidence, but you can’t prove you do not exist. Since a negative, no object, can’t be proven, we must assume that objects do exist, if only in our mind.

A bunch of us guys were talking and the subject of the existence of God came up. I said that everyone believes something, whether its the truth or a lie. Even atheists that believe there is no evidence for the existence of God, believe in space aliens and Big Foot without evidence. One of the guys wouldn’t talk to me for years afterward because he was an atheist that believed in space aliens and Big Foot. He was also a PHD.
jtb

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:49 am

Nothing exists as nothing and vice-versa.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

jtb

Unread post by jtb » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:11 am

D_Archer wrote:by D_Archer » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:49 am
Archer, are you saying that no thing exists as some thing and that some thing exists as no thing? Please expand.
jtb

moses

Unread post by moses » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:14 pm

I'd like to comment on the title 'Nothing Cannot Exist'.

This is the maxim of modern science. 'Nothing' is non-physical and so cannot produce physical action. If god were non-physical then god would not exist and could produce no physical action. This is the law of the materialists. All modern scientists are materialists, even if they believe in god.

I certainly believe that action can and does arise from nothing. So I shall explain this. In a human physical action arises from nerve impulses. In the brain a nerve impulse is formed and this travels to a muscle and action occurs. But the thing is that an object activates a touch sensor in the hand and it sends a nerve impulse to the brain where something extraordinary happens. Somewhere in the brain this nerve impulse causes the experiencing of the 'touched' feeling. Now, for sure, the nerve impulse is not the feeling, so what is happening.

One needs to see that this 'touched' feeling is non-physical. And thus all the sensations, including thought, are non-physical. So nerve impulses, somehow, and somewhere in the brain, induce this non-physical experiencing, or feeling. Now if you have followed this far then the next bit can be very unsettling. Why can't a feeling just arise from nothing and induce a nerve impulse in that amazing part of the brain. Then, of course, that nerve impulse can trundle off to a muscle and produce action.

And so it can be said that experiencing can produce action. Great philosophers have realised this and it is even in the bible with 'Christ' = 'experiencing', and if one reads the bible with this in mind one sees that the authors were attributing great qualities to experiencing. Which tells us that we can produce the great qualities, and the reason that we don't produce an abundance of such qualities is that there is a torrent of nerve impulses generated by our mind and emotions - the self, which swamp the qualities.

And the story continues on how to be free of the self.
Mo

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:43 am

jtb wrote:
D_Archer wrote:by D_Archer » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:49 am
Archer, are you saying that no thing exists as some thing and that some thing exists as no thing? Please expand.
jtb
I only said something about nothing ;-)

I thought it was a fun playful quip on the word nothing, but alas its meaning eluded you.

Just drop the vice versa and my statement reads: Nothing exists as nothing.

Meaning that to exist is to be something or nothing can not exist as anything. Clear?

This is all much ado about nothing ;-)

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -