Louis Essen: Special Theory of Relativity Critical Analysis

Has science taken a wrong turn? If so, what corrections are needed? Chronicles of scientific misbehavior. The role of heretic-pioneers and forbidden questions in the sciences. Is peer review working? The perverse "consensus of leading scientists." Good public relations versus good science.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Michael V

Re: Louis Essen: Special Theory of Relativity Critical Analy

Unread post by Michael V » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:43 am

viscount aero,

Dude, I was expecting 2 or 3 links. I fear your generosity may overwhelm my capacity for reading. Again, I thank you.

Michael

marengo

Unread post by marengo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:15 am

michael V

Please give reasons for stating that the numerous observations of relativity effects are fallacious.

My 'laundry list' of assumptions are postulates as to the properties of the Aether. I believe there are just six.
As I am able to generate Aether theories of the electric field, Lorentz Transform eqns, Aether Relativity, Aether Gravity, debunk cosmic expansion and the big Bang, explain the Dark Matter effect etc., etc. I think that Occam would be very supportive.

Criticisms of my hypothesis are only valid if you can point out a flaw in my calculations or logic. Otherwise you are just talking hot air.
http://www.aetherpages.com
A series of scientific papers on the new Aether physics.

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:39 am

Michael V wrote:viscount aero,

Dude, I was expecting 2 or 3 links. I fear your generosity may overwhelm my capacity for reading. Again, I thank you.

Michael
My pleasure. Enjoy.

marengo

Unread post by marengo » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:35 am

michael V
Your silence shows that you are unable to dispute the observations of relativity.
Perhaps someone else might like to have a go.

He is surely a brave man who cares to dispute the results of thousands of experiments and observations.
My own Aether Theory of Relativity makes identical predictions as Einstein's theory between inertial bodies.
BUT it also applies to real bodies which Einstein's theory cannot do.

Please see the paper on Relativity on my website http://www.aetherpages.com.
There is only one problem with Relativity. And that is Einstein's theory is not the correct one.

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:09 am

Your silence shows that you are unable to dispute the observations of relativity.
That is a logical fallacy. You are presuming to know why someone says or acts as they have. ;)
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

marengo

Unread post by marengo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:58 am

Sparky wrote:

That is a logical fallacy. You are presuming to know why someone says or acts as they have.
Why otherwise would Michael V remain silent?
Why does no-one else provide evidence that the observations of Relativity effects do not happen?
Why would anyone try to dispute thousands of observations?
I can understand disagreement with a theory of their prediction. I myself do that as i believe Einstein's theory to be wrong and the Aether Theory of Relativity to be correct.

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:32 am

Why otherwise would Michael V remain silent?
:roll:
Come now! You really can't think of many reasons someone remains off the board? :?

Why does no-one else provide evidence that the observations of Relativity effects do not happen?
You have introduced a new question, not related directly with your argument.
Are you saying that there are no observations that are falsely attributed to Relativity?

It is the onus of those who hold Relativity as a hypothesis to prove it, and they may be misunderstanding the observations and ignoring evidence against it.
Why would anyone try to dispute thousands of observations?
Again, the observations may be leading to false conclusions. A large number of false conclusions does not satisfy the proof of hypothesis. It would show that bias on behalf of those who hold that hypothesis to be perverting their observations.
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Cavemann

Unread post by Cavemann » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:25 pm

marengo wrote:I have proposed a candidate, the Aether Theory of Relativity.
No-one so far has found a flaw within it. Can we therefore accept that it is the correct theory and move on.
Moving on means belief in Space to be a substantial Aether.
You know, if you just substitute the scientific jargon and replace it with issues of contention in a marriage, it sounds just like my mother in every fight she ever had with my father. I don't think you will find to many people here that are as submissive as my father was back then.

By the way, you might think that I am taking a cheap shot at you at the expense of my parents, but nothing is farther than the truth. This truly was how she felt and literally what she had said on many occasions. Boiled down, it's "I'm right, the sooner you agree, the sooner we can move on to the next point." I've checked out your website twice, and quite frankly you fail to make your case. It is obvious that you believe what you say, but you are far from convincing anyone [me, at least] that you are right.

marengo

Unread post by marengo » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:31 am

Sparky,
All that you say is theoretically possible BUT highly unlikely.

marengo

Unread post by marengo » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:35 am

Caveman
You have read my paper on the Aether Theory of Relativity at http://www.aetherpages.com and you say you are not convinced.
OK, that enough for me, I now give up!!!!

Caveman, If you can see a flaw in the theory then why did you not explain it?????

Cavemann

Unread post by Cavemann » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:47 am

I'll just respond by asking about your site. In your forum, you have 2 posters, you started all the topics yourself and you only have 1 reply, "Let's see how this works." Some posts have been viewed more than 200 times, yet no one replies or comments. Do you really believe it is because you have proved your theory so well they are left speechless?

The onus is on you to prove your theory right, not for others to prove it wrong. If you can't even get people to engage you in conversation about your theories on 'your' website, I would suggest you consider that the problem lies at your end, there are some very smart people over here and I'm sure there are some obvious reasons they are not getting involved with you.

I hear the same old song, you've only changed the chorus a little to try to make it your own.

marengo

Unread post by marengo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:07 am

to Cavemann
It is very true that I have not gained any converts to Aether physics.
It is also true that no-one has pointed out any flaw in my theories.
I do not know the answer to that conundrum.
I have put my theories forward and can do no more but persevere with them.
I believe they are correct and will continue to do so until some one does find a flaw.

I have mentioned on this forum Unzickers book 'Bankrupting Physics' and Baggott's book 'Farewell to Reality'
They both demonstrate that theoretical physics is in a mess.
Somehow physics must pull itself out of this hole by recognising where it went wrong. I believe that was when they discarded the Aether.
I am puzzled that you seem to resent my efforts.

marengo

Unread post by marengo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:33 am

to Cavemann,
I meant to add this.
You say you looked at my website twice and you conclude that I fail to make my case. That implies that you found a flaw somewhere. It is surely not fair of you not to describe that flaw to me. Otherwise how can I reply to your criticism.
On the other hand if you have found no flaw then it is not right of you to say that I have failed to make my case.

My object is to correct some of the errors in Modern Physics. You can help that by offering proper criticism.