Question re: Anomalous Geography: Tall Towers TPOD

Hundreds of TPODs have been published since the summer of 2004. In particular, we invite discussion of present and recent TPODs, perhaps with additional links to earlier TPOD pages. Suggestions for future pages will be welcome. Effective TPOD drafts will be MORE than welcome and could be your opportunity to become a more active part of the Thunderbolts team.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

JaredTheDragon

Question re: Anomalous Geography: Tall Towers TPOD

Unread post by JaredTheDragon » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:45 pm

My question is for Stephen Smith, or anyone else who can answer of course.

In the recent TPOD about Great Tango Tower and other such anomalies, he states:
"Since electricity is a pulling force and does not “impact” the surface, anomalous formations like Great Trango Tower are the result of gigantic secondary discharges that rose up to meet oppositely charged leader strokes descending from above."
(emphasis mine)

I find this very curious, as I've never considered electricity a pulling force. Nor a force at all, but rather an E/M transmission, which would be a "push", not a pull. One could say using Einstein's Equivalence Principle that it all depends on the point of view, but regarding lightning blasts striking the Earth, we would have to look at it from the lightning's point of view. Is the lightning pulling? And how? What mechanism creates a pull with an up-vector?

I'm also aware that if we track lightning at a slow enough frame of reference, we often see it rising up from the ground to meet the incoming lightning. But again, wouldn't that be a push and not a pull? Electricity in our devices pushes electrons, it doesn't pull them. That's what current is, I believe.

jackneefus

Re: Question re: Anomalous Geography: Tall Towers TPOD

Unread post by jackneefus » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:45 pm

I think you could say it would depend on the charges. Positive repels positive but attracts negative. Both the ground and the cloud are attracted to each other.

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:19 pm

All the electric shocks I have experienced have been of the 115 volt variety.
But I have heard that when you get a 230 volt shock It is very hard to let go, or pull yourself free of the voltage.
Thus a pulling force it would seem.

willendure

Unread post by willendure » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:43 pm

jacmac wrote:All the electric shocks I have experienced have been of the 115 volt variety.
But I have heard that when you get a 230 volt shock It is very hard to let go, or pull yourself free of the voltage.
:?

That is your muscles spasming due to the 50Hz.

Osmosis

Unread post by Osmosis » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:23 pm

The alternating current force averages to zero.
osmosis

Aardwolf

Unread post by Aardwolf » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:15 am

jacmac wrote:All the electric shocks I have experienced have been of the 115 volt variety.
No, domestic supply is ac so you wouldn't normally get stuck. I've been shocked numerous times at 230/240v and was able to let go. And there's no particular force, the current just causes muscles to contract so you grab the wire and cant let go.

Osmosis

Unread post by Osmosis » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:38 pm

There would be a different outcome, if the mains voltage was d.c.---R.I P. :o
Osmosis

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:46 am

The TPOD in question is here.

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:44 am

Back to basics for a moment:
An electric ARC can exert a pulling force, depending upon polarity between source and the stricken object.
Or the main flow can be the other way, as demonstrated by the common processes of arc-welding (depositing material) and arc-gouging/excavating; where so called reverse-polarity is utilized.

Osmosis wrote:There would be a different outcome, if the mains voltage was d.c.---R.I P. :o
Osmosis
Depends upon Amperage i.e. charge amplitude/volume, in the circuit; but yes, DC 'digs' deeper into the body, while AC is more of a 'skin effect'.
Presumably inter-planetary arcing would be of a more DC variety...

`