yin yang

Hundreds of TPODs have been published since the summer of 2004. In particular, we invite discussion of present and recent TPODs, perhaps with additional links to earlier TPOD pages. Suggestions for future pages will be welcome. Effective TPOD drafts will be MORE than welcome and could be your opportunity to become a more active part of the Thunderbolts team.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Paul

yin yang

Unread post by Paul » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:55 pm

Hummmm...

Obvious? (see attached jpeg)

P.M.
Attachments
tiny jinjang.jpg

Pi sees

Re: yin yang

Unread post by Pi sees » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:55 pm

About a week ago I was poaching some chicken breasts in a frying pan. After removing the chicken breasts, the water in the pan was filled with flakes of chicken meat that had come off during the poaching. Out of idle curiosity, I grabbed two small spoons (one in each hand) and stirred the chicken-water. I stirred the spoon in my left hand clockwise, and the spoon in my right hand anti-clockwise. I continued to do this for about 30 seconds.

After the stirring, the water moved in an "s"-shaped path between the two halves of the pan that had been stirred in different directions. The chicken flakes were entrained in this flow. By the time the water had fully settled down again, the chicken flakes had been spread out upon the bottom of the pan in a pattern which looked very much like a yin-yang symbol, minus the little circles in the centre of each half and with a gap (where the "s"-shaped flow had been) separating the two halves.