Dreamcatcher

Hundreds of TPODs have been published since the summer of 2004. In particular, we invite discussion of present and recent TPODs, perhaps with additional links to earlier TPOD pages. Suggestions for future pages will be welcome. Effective TPOD drafts will be MORE than welcome and could be your opportunity to become a more active part of the Thunderbolts team.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

naturalethic

Dreamcatcher

Unread post by naturalethic » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:30 am

I was visiting a vacation rental on the Pacific coast in Washington this past weekend. The family were sitting around a table playing cards and I looked up to see this hanging on the wall. I had just introduced my brother to EU and the Polar Configuration ideas (I am also new to these) a few days before, I pointed up at this craftwork and we were both a bit surprised. I had never seen dreamcatchers in particular referenced by anyone yet.

seasmith

Re: Dreamcatcher

Unread post by seasmith » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:14 pm

Naturalethic,
Dreamcatchers seem to have originated with the Ojibwe Early Americans (translation: original people-early americans),
before spreading as a commodity to reservation gift shops across the country.
Apparently a Gilzis (sun) and Asibikaashi (spider woman) myth artifact [ and perhaps an ice-age tradition ?].
Some fear could also be woven into the story, so who knows ..?

(they catch dust very well...)

http://www.dream-catchers.org/ojibwe-dr ... r-history/

http://www.mpm.edu/wirp/ICW-151.html

naturalethic

Re: Dreamcatcher

Unread post by naturalethic » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:39 am

The form is a spitting image of the polar configuration as seen from Earth, as documented by Talbot, et al. The bulls horns in the center representing the low crescent.

Whatever the later use or interpretation of the dreamcatcher, it was the basic shape that struck me, particularly because even though I have seen them many times before, only now do I see how they correspond to a common pattern.