Is light magnetic?

Many Internet forums have carried discussion of the Electric Universe hypothesis. Much of that discussion has added more confusion than clarity, due to common misunderstandings of the electrical principles. Here we invite participants to discuss their experiences and to summarize questions that have yet to be answered.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

D_Archer

Re: Is light magnetic?

Unread post by D_Archer » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:17 am

+EyeOn-W-ANeed2Know wrote:
I'm surprised.
Not a single comment about how the beam is twisting like a BC.
Cool, i see what you see, does it not also twist extra after the bounce?

If a laser consists of spin coherent photons this is expected behaviour, as photons have charge, moving charge is also current, could also be Birkeland current then. The 'magnetic' component of the light would then be its spin. [Just rambling]

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

fractal-geoff

Unread post by fractal-geoff » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:35 pm

Is light magnetic? This is an opinion statement that I’m prepared to back up with well known experiments & observations.
Space (the volume) has a quality that allows electromagnetic signals & waveforms etc to be impressed into it. Space is absolutely fill of electromagnetic energy movements of assorted types, density and scales. Not all waveforms are equal as each has its own discrete origin and properties. Small dense waveforms come from denser places in space. Photon is the name of a particle waveform emitted from atoms. (Incidentally a smoke ring moves as a single entity while still being a waveform) Even basic particle waveforms have multiple internal axes which give the perception of frequency while with repeating waveforms it is the spacing between waves that defines frequency.

IgorTesla

Unread post by IgorTesla » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:23 pm

I don't think light itself is magnetic but consists of charged particles that in turn can create a magnetic field.
When i think of lightning strikes on earth, it's undeniable that electricity plays a huge part but if it were magnetic then it should have either a repulsive or attracting property in my opinion. And since neither is true i think magnetism can't be involved.
This is all hypothetical and i can't proof this but to me it's a way to explain this phenomena.

Anti University Dean

Unread post by Anti University Dean » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:12 pm

Irishslimz wrote:I've always thought a particle of light (a photon) is magnetic. Am I wrong? Doesn't that explain plenty of theories of quantum physic theories? I am just an layman, and sold on its a electrical driven universe.
Some ideas indicate that the concept of photons is a mistake. For example Andrew Ancel Gray in Texas has an interesting theory that charge pulsates on and off. He has a pdf file that explains it in which he shines some light on several mainstream misconceptions. For example the photoelectric effect causes electrons to be dislodged orthoganally to the impending light, which is not the result of a particle collision but a sheer wave. I'm not sure if Andrew is totally right but I believe it led me in the right direction. Just my current opinion, but I doubt if I'll ever return to believing in the existence of photons. Andrew is an electrical engineer who studied under Wheeler.
For fans of the late Gabriel Lafrenier if he were alive he might say these pulsations are merely his "stroboscopic effect". He was an optical engineer.

kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:57 pm

Interesting historic event from 1966 Burkes Flat Australia, were it not for a death at this exact location a few days after this phenomena may have been missed :arrow:

THE "BENT HEADLIGHT BEAMS" AFFAIR

The Burkes Flat close encounter involved the reported "bending" of car headlight beams and a related physical trace. A car fatality at the same spot has been connected with the UFO incident at the site. If the observation is to be accepted as accurately observed, in this one case we have an experience that seemingly defies the laws of physics -- the famous "bent headlight beam" case of Victoria.
At about 8 pm, on April 4th, 1966, Ron Sullivan, a streel construction busi nessman from Maryborough, was travelling on a straight sealed section of the Dunolly - St. Arnaud road, near Burkes Flat, in central country Victoria.

Ahead in a paddock off to his right, Sullivan observed an unusual light.

He first took it to be a tractor, engaged in night ploughing, but as he drew closer, Sullivan began to see a most unusual light display, located at ground level. The following things happened quickly as to drew closer to the scene, and then passed it.

Sullivan was paying attention to both the light display in the paddock on his right and the road. He observed to his s urprise that his car headlight beams appeared to be pointing in a direction off to the right in the direction of the strange light display and also seemed to be bending back on an axis seemingly coincident with the objects position in relation to the paddock and road. As he got closer the angle of bending of his car's headlight beams became more acute! He thought his car must have been heading off the road to the right, and immediately compensated by turning it to the left. He found he was now heading directly towards a tree on the left hand side of the road. Sullivan turned the car to the right and regain the direction of travel along the straight section of road, thoroughly confused and leaving behind the strange display in the paddock.

Sullivan observed the following sequence of light display in the strange phenomenon in the paddock. Initially, as he approached Sullivan saw a white phosphorous type of light on the ground, that appeared to be about 15 feet in diameter. Sullivan told me:

"It opened up and there was another white oval on top of it, about 30 feet (in height, coming down making the shape of a cone (with a) 15 feet bottom diameter and 20 feet to diameter - and in that cone were tubes of coloured lights - all the lights as you see as you look through the spectrum ("all the colours of the rainbow") ... red, blue, indigo and purple ... travelling up and down ... or they seem to be... from the small oval to the bigger oval at the top. They were going up and down in shafts. Then gradually the top seemed to come to meet the bottom ... They seemed to close in ... making a transition of one light oval -- similar to first view -- everything then just disappeared."
The last thing Sullivan saw of the light display was "just a spot on the ground -- a light spot, become smaller and smaller, to nothing."

Ron Sullivan had his car lights checked and found them to be working properly. Back in Maryborough, he found that a young man from Carnegie, Gary Taylor was killed in a car accident at Burkes flat on the night of April 6th. Sullivan reported his experience to police. At the accident site, it was determined that Taylor's car had collided with the same tree that Sullivan almost collided with 2 nights earlier, as he fought to control his car during the "bend headlight beam" episode. Directly opposite the tree in the paddock, about 70 yards from the roadway, coincident with where Sullivan saw the strange light display, a shallow depression was found in the fallowed ground. It was a little over 3 feet in diameter and only a few inches in depth.

The depression was cleanly scooped out of the sandy soil with no apparent debris around it. There were no human or animal tracks around the area. The property owner indicated the depression had not been there when he had finished fallowing. There appeared to be no explanation for the depression or the light display.

The Victorian group, VFSRS (later Victorian UFO Research Society) undertook some investigations at the time but published only a brief report.

Chalker, B., The Bent Headlight Beam Case Revisited, UFORAN, 5:3, May-Jun 1984, 17-29.

http://www.project1947.com/forum/bctrace2.htm

comingfrom

Unread post by comingfrom » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:11 am

I noticed, the laser beam takes longer to do the first reflection that it does for the second reflection.
It reaches the first mirror at 2.1 nano seconds, and there is still no reflection apparent at 2.5 nano seconds.
The reflection at the second mirror appears more immediately, reaching the mirror at 3.3 nano seconds, and a strong reflection is already apparent by 3.5 nano seconds.