YouTube censorship on ThunderboltsProject channel

Many Internet forums have carried discussion of the Electric Universe hypothesis. Much of that discussion has added more confusion than clarity, due to common misunderstandings of the electrical principles. Here we invite participants to discuss their experiences and to summarize questions that have yet to be answered.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

chrimony

YouTube censorship on ThunderboltsProject channel

Unread post by chrimony » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:07 am

I made a comment along the lines of, "Was there a point to this?", on the What's the Matter with Matter? video. While admittedly terse, it was a serious question. The rather short presentation was about how atoms seem solid at our macroscopic level, but are mainly empty space and wiggle around. What does this have to do with EU? It's not even a fringe science theory, as it presents no alternatives or even problems that require explanation. It's well known that when you look at nature at extreme levels it defies our intuition.

My comment was deleted and I was subsequently banned from commenting on any further videos. That seems rather thin-skinned and exclusionary. Also, if you want to set a high standard, then start deleting all the gushing, content-free fanboy comments that appear on every Thunderbolts video.

On previous comments in other Thunderbolt videos, I have had substantive back and forths with the channel owner on the Symbols of an Alien Sky video, and also with Crothers on his anti-general relativity interview that was posted as a video, so it's not like I'm just some troll handing out mindless insults.

nick c
Site Admin

Re: YouTube censorship on ThunderboltsProject channel

Unread post by nick c » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:37 am

hi chrimony,
Welcome to the TB forum.
I made a comment along the lines of, "Was there a point to this?", on the What's the Matter with Matter? video. While admittedly terse, it was a serious question. The rather short presentation was about how atoms seem solid at our macroscopic level, but are mainly empty space and wiggle around. What does this have to do with EU? It's not even a fringe science theory, as it presents no alternatives or even problems that require explanation.
I think that you are reading into or expecting too much from this video. Mel was not trying to answer any questions but rather raising questions for rhetorical purposes. The relevance to EU is that the EU deals with paradigm change and Mel is pointing out that even if one accepts the new paradigm there are still going to be many unanswered questions. It is important to put this into context, it was a five minute video, one of a large number of video presentations done by the TB team.
It's well known that when you look at nature at extreme levels it defies our intuition.
But the reasons for this are not well understood.
My comment was deleted and I was subsequently banned from commenting on any further videos. That seems rather thin-skinned and exclusionary.
[...]
so it's not like I'm just some troll handing out mindless insults.
Most likely, your intentions were misinterpreted by the moderator.

fatarsemonkey

Unread post by fatarsemonkey » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:36 am

I found myself banned from commenting and I don't even know why. I am 100% dyed in the wool EU suppoter, I must admit I am not a savant at all the intricacies of how it all works but I see it at work. I hope there isn't some kind of hijacking going on trying to reduce numbers.

I would very much like if anyone who reads this knows someone who runs ThunderboltsProject channel to ask why "fatarsemonkey" is banned and I can't even subscribe. I know it's a stupid name but it's an old nick name I got it off an old girlfriend so I kept it as it seemed rather original. :)

Brigit Bara

Unread post by Brigit Bara » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:27 am

inre: Youtube comments policy

I think there was a transitional phase on youtube about five years ago but the various forces stabilized and the channel experience turned out wonderfully in the end. The videos are so beautifully produced. I think the moderation is working well, and people from all walks of life are finding out about the Electric Universe.

We all get a little tired of huge food fights in the comments on the internet whenever the subject of EU comes up. It's nice to just enjoy the science on the channel.
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

Brigit Bara

Unread post by Brigit Bara » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:38 pm

And thunderbolts does allow quite a bit of dissent on the forum.

There is no question that a good private blog or website or channel always has its own simple set of comment policies and expected manners which every one agrees to follow. This allows for on topic discussions amongst people with widely different backgrounds and nationalities.

The question now is, do the large social media platforms such as Youtube, Twitter and Facebook have unrestricted rights to engage in viewpoint discrimination and censor people they do not agree with? That is the question.
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

a31ford

Unread post by a31ford » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:36 am

Brigit Bara wrote:And thunderbolts does allow quite a bit of dissent on the forum.

The question now is, do the large social media platforms such as Youtube, Twitter and Facebook have unrestricted rights to engage in viewpoint discrimination and censor people they do not agree with? That is the question.
TO Answer your question (trimming it per TBP/EU's requests on quoting people):

Yes, they have the power, through any governing body of the USA, be it Homeland, CIA, IPR, etc. etc. etc. YOU-TUBE is part of Google, and Google owns "Google Magic" the AI that reads every email, and every you-tube post that crosses their servers. The art of control through disinformation, and reduced information availability, is VERY real in today's world. A be it NOT by direct action from Google or You-tube, Rather, through what governing body deems it to be removed.
If you do not have the "time" to do something right, the first time... When are you going to ? :geek:

celeste

Unread post by celeste » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:44 pm

a31ford wrote:
Brigit Bara wrote:And thunderbolts does allow quite a bit of dissent on the forum.

TO Answer your question (trimming it per TBP/EU's requests on quoting people):

Yes, they have the power, through any governing body of the USA, be it Homeland, CIA, IPR, etc. etc. etc. YOU-TUBE is part of Google, and Google owns "Google Magic" the AI that reads every email, and every you-tube post that crosses their servers. The art of control through disinformation, and reduced information availability, is VERY real in today's world. A be it NOT by direct action from Google or You-tube, Rather, through what governing body deems it to be removed.
Yes. It’s just a bit more diabolical than what you are describing. Google Docs saves all the the facts, opinions, etc, that you’ve ever typed into your computer. That’s whether you’ve shared them, or even deleted them yourself.