Essential Guide to the Electric Universe

Books, journal articles, web pages, and news reports that can help to clarify the history and promise of the Electric Universe hypothesis.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

jjohnson

Essential Guide to the Electric Universe

Unread post by jjohnson » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:43 am

You may have noticed that this site has started using WordPress as the authoring software, which makes the input process of many of us easier. Dave Smith has done a masterful job switching it completely over, and we still have older files in that format, still perfectly usable, for those browsing for more information on older topics.

Under the What's New heading under the thunderbolts.info masthead (you can click the red title at the top of this page and get back to the rest of the site from this Forum) is The Essential Guide to the Electric Universe ("EG"). As of early December the first 6 chapters have been "published". They represent roughly half of the presently planned subjects. Note that they appear in reverse order — you scroll down to the bottom to start at the Introduction.

The EG was drafted by Bob Johnson in London, UK. (No relation to me, so far as either of us knows!) I wish I'd had something like it when I first started considering and exploring the implications of an electrically-governed and mediated universe about 3 years ago. (A degree in something other than architecture would probably help, too.) My role as editor is to code the text for the web, provide relevant illustrations, links, and anything else that could help amplify and simplify the concepts so that just about anyone with a serious interest in understanding the basics underlying the electrodynamic nature of the EU concepts could grasp them.

The EG concentrates on the "natural science" — the old word for physics — end of things, to start the process of firming up the scientific aspects behind the much broader paradigm that is the Electric Universe. The more familiar you are with the way things work in plasma and physics and basic principles, the more obvious the incredibly linked other phenomena become.

Topics found on this Forum, from planetary science to the larger electrical universe, to mythology consistencies around the world to auroras and even to critical thoughts about what the latest results and discoveries by scientific establishment worldwide are reporting, become at once more interesting and more easily interpreted in electrical terms. Of course Io generates a huge electrical current creating a circuit between it and Jupiter, as the charged moon moves through the gas giant's strong magnetic field within a magnetized plasma torus!

The EG is planned for regular updates, to keep it current, and to keep it improving. Links to previous TPODs will be inserted before long. We hope to access videos to aid in visualizations, and increase the number of images and other illustrations and examples.

We hope each of you will visit it and familiarize yourself with it, and keep coming back to find that a new Chapter is up or new information or links have been posted. We are working to get successive chapters posted every week or two, and we have three (so far) appendices, to be added at the end. Possibly a Glossary of Terms.

Jim Johnson