Tool that might assist in collecting resources online

Books, journal articles, web pages, and news reports that can help to clarify the history and promise of the Electric Universe hypothesis.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

phyllotaxis

Tool that might assist in collecting resources online

Unread post by phyllotaxis » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:33 pm

Surfing around firefox add-ons and I found this one called Zotero.
It's geared toward collection, organization, citing, and sharing research info. Seems like a bang-up tool for those of us trying to keep track of info like this. Hope some find it useful.
www.Zotero.org

Right up our alley, methinks.

Cheers-

Phyllotaxis

Phorce

Re: Tool that might assist in collecting resources online

Unread post by Phorce » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:23 am

This comes highly recommended from me. It scans a page and then can auto create the citations for any references it finds on the page. It can index pdf's and retrieve the citation for them. It has a file sync capability although I don't use that because I have a lot of large files. One interesting ability is to share collections as feeds through the Zotero website. That can include group collections that pool documents and citations. It can also create timelines ... so you can have a timeline say of the papers of Anthony Peratt showing when they were published.
Exploration and discovery without honest investigation of "extraordinary" results leads to a Double Bind (Bateson, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_bind ) that creates loss of hope and depression. No more Double Binds !