Speak out to New Scientists!

Books, journal articles, web pages, and news reports that can help to clarify the history and promise of the Electric Universe hypothesis.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

mharratsc

Speak out to New Scientists!

Unread post by mharratsc » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:18 am

[url2=http://snaponline.snapsurveys.com/surve ... 5328356223]New Scientist Survey[/url2]

New Scientist sent me an email asking me to take part in the survey I linked above. I took the liberty of letting them know how I felt about their Astronomy/Astrophysics articles all being nothing but hypothetical hogwash regarding Mainstream discoveries, and not even bothering to show the observations themselves, or discussing/posting alternative explanations.

Likewise suggested that they might consider alternating stories to cover discoveries/articles posted by the IEEE from the Plasma Cosmology sector.

I also suggested that they grow some b... err, I mean courage and stand up against Mainstreamist pressure in other venues and to post hot debates from blogs & discussions from various spheres and disciplines as well.

Here's a chance for everyone to put their opinions forth, if you so wish! Sign on and let em have it! :D

Mike H.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

jjohnson

Re: Speak out to New Scientists!

Unread post by jjohnson » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:52 pm

I just stumbled across this thread, Mike. It's been here all along, hiding in plain sight, and I am curious as to whether or not New Scientist published the results of their survey? It's closed now, of course, but it would be interesting if they simply suppressed them, or if all the mainstreamers swamped the heretics, or just what...

Jim

mharratsc

Re: Speak out to New Scientists!

Unread post by mharratsc » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:53 pm

I dunno, bro- I'd cancelled my subscription quite a few months ago, and I got that "Take our survey!" email from their marketing dept that was trying to wheedle themselves back into my good graces... :P

Mike H.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington