Distributed Computing Platform (EU@Home)

Books, journal articles, web pages, and news reports that can help to clarify the history and promise of the Electric Universe hypothesis.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

biknewb

Re: Distributed Computing Platform (EU@Home)

Unread post by biknewb » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:41 am

Idea for EU@home :idea:

One of the worst misunderstandings about the EU is the nature of plasma. Plasma is an unfamiliar state of matter to most inhabitants of Earth.
One way to improve understanding of the seemingly irrational behaviour of plasma would be a computer animation. Scientific and/or cartoon-like.

Imagine a magnetic field, an electron entering the field experiences forces, the movement of the electron causes opposing forces, direction of the electron changes, forces change too. Add a second electron, two particles influencing each other in a magnetic field; more complicated movement.
This is the picture I would like to see in action: the movement of particles in plasma. Single particles first, loads of particles later. Positive, negative and neutral particles mixing and interacting.

The picture should be attractive but with scientific quality. I think it would take a lot of computing power.
Anyone know how to program this?

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:18 pm

I think Pfhoenix made a very basic version of something similar a long time ago. Though it didn't seem like any particularly interesting behaviors emerged. Granted, I didn't run it very long... I think it was just a function of the number of particles being relatively small, on account of the amount of computing power it might take to process more...

I forget where I ran across it though. Probably on his site somewhere...

~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

biknewb

Unread post by biknewb » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:27 am

biknewb wrote:Brilliant plan. Just joined Team Thunderbolt.

Quote of the day: "It is only a matter of time until the gravity-only paradigm collapses under its own weight."
Feel free to copy.

Always willing to help that happen!
:twisted:
Einstein@home file system is down since friday. Maybe the collapse is setting in already?