Site Media

Books, journal articles, web pages, and news reports that can help to clarify the history and promise of the Electric Universe hypothesis.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

bogocles

Site Media

Unread post by bogocles » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:56 pm

I'm trying to figure out the applicability of some of the new site media. A look at the eight movies in the multimedia archive under 'Latest Media' contains four (out of eight total) movies that have what appears to be absolutely no applicability to EU. Try as I might, I can't seem to come up with any connections between EU/Plasma Cosmology and religious doomsayers, reverse speech, synchronicities, or the psychic abilities of animals. Am I missing something?

Oh yeah, this isn't actually my first post. I had a few on the previous site before the crash. But salutations anyway!

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Re: Site Media

Unread post by davesmith_au » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:32 pm

Giday bogocles, have you read the intro to the Multimedia page?

http://www.thunderbolts.info/online_videos.htm
Multimedia Introduction wrote:Welcome to the Thunderbolts multi-media page -- an ambitious new site feature that will broaden our discussions beyond the familiar bounds of the Electric Universe and catastrophism.

This page will be a greatly expanded version of the previous online videos resource. New videos will be added regularly on highly diverse subjects, including content that may be controversial (i.e. ESP, spirituality, philosophy, culture, education), and may not directly relate to our mission at the Thunderbolts project. Interested viewers who wish to discuss the videos may do so in the Forum.
Whilst there's no direct connection visible between many of the topics and EU, that fact doesn't stop discussion on this very forum of some of these things, though it's primarily an EU forum. To restrict forum discussion to just EU material completely would be a moderator's nightmare, so we rely on people's judgement (up to a point) to both post more speculative stuff on the bottom couple of boards and also on readers to make up their own mind about some of the issues discussed.

Getting back to the multimedia page, there's been some recent material surface on the net which erroniously attempts to connect EU with some of the doomsday rot and other suspect material. We have decided to broaden our own discussion somewhat, partly to help make clearer what some EU proponents will and will not consider. Please note, to talk about a particular topic does not of itself indicate support for or endorsement of the subject at hand. Also note the disclaimer at the bottom of the page:
Disclaimer - The opinions expressed in our multimedia section are those of the authors of
the material, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Thunderbolts Project.
The linking to material off-site in no way endorses such material and the Thunderbolts
Project has no control of nor takes any responsibility for any content on linked sites.
Cheers, Dave Smith.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster