The Electric Earth

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Dotini

Re: Cigar-shaped UFO's - Plasma "pinches" in the sky?

Unread post by Dotini » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:49 pm

http://www.foia.af.mil/shared/media/doc ... 08-049.pdf

Please take considerable care with this,
Steve

PersianPaladin

Unread post by PersianPaladin » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:12 pm

I have done a more comprehensive write-up, for those interested:-

http://hozturner.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09 ... on-of.html

Dotini

Unread post by Dotini » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:25 am

Very good. "A" for effort and graphics.

Now all you need to do is explain why some UFO's can change shape, size, color, speed and direction seemingly at will, why some UFO's seem to react to humans, and why some humans seem to be psychologically affected by UFOs, i.e., by hallucinations, transcendental experiences, etc. And while you're about it, come up with a universally accepted explanation of consciousness.

You have started up a steep path, but you have started well!

Respectfully,
Steve

PersianPaladin

Unread post by PersianPaladin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:09 am

Dotini wrote:Very good. "A" for effort and graphics.

Now all you need to do is explain why some UFO's can change shape, size, color, speed and direction seemingly at will,

Respectfully,
Steve
I have provided that explanation in my article - which has been updated today. High-voltage plasma instabilities particularly at double-layer boundaries are known to be dynamic and almost "life-like" by those who have researched this. Hannes Alfven and Peratt would also agree - stating that in several cases, their behaviour is sometimes totally unpredictable.

As for the other phenomena with respect to abductions, psychological effects - etc. I shall leave those for other researchers. For now though, you will probably realise that ionized particles can affect people psychologically in different ways:-

http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/2012/07 ... nderbolts/

Magnetic fields and ghostly phenomena:-

http://www.assap.ac.uk/newsite/articles ... hosts.html

In some haunted locations, researchers have measured magnetic fields that are stronger than normal or which exhibit unusual fluctuations. These may be localized phenomena that stem from electronic equipment or geological formations, or they may be part of the Earth's magnetic field.

Some paranormal investigators think of this as proof of a supernatural presence -- the ghosts create the field. Others suggest that these fields can interact with the human brain, causing hallucinations, dizziness or other neurological symptoms. Some researchers have theorized that this is one of the reasons people report more ghostly activity at night. Because of the way the solar wind interacts with the Earth's magnetosphere, the planet's magnetic field stretches out on the side that's in darkness. Some researchers hypothesize that this expanded field interacts more strongly with people's brains.

Medical researchers have also studied the effects of electrical fields on people's brains. Electrical stimulation to the angular gyrus of the brain, for example, can cause the sensation of someone behind you mimicking your movements. Electrical stimulation to different parts of the brain has also caused people to hallucinate or seem to have near-death experiences.
http://science.howstuffworks.com/scienc ... ghost3.htm

It may not offer a full explanation of some reports though. But low-level fields from these UFO plasma phenomena could be contributing to psychological experiences perhaps.

Please note, I am not offering a theory for ALL UFO's. But in my view, many of these sightings did not come with those psychological effects and their behaviour can be explained with plasma in mind. I am almost certain of this now.

StevenJay

Unread post by StevenJay » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:48 am

Good stuff! Every time I see a Youtube clip that automatically equates UFOs (dancing lights in the sky) with alien space craft, I suggest the possibility that it's an electrical discharge phenomenon (ball/bead lightning).

I'm always moved by how much a neural net map resembles this and other images like it:
It's all about perception.

Doctor Zordirz

Unread post by Doctor Zordirz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:48 pm

Wow, this is really impressive work. You have probably just accounted for a good percentage of all UFO sightings! I will certainly take this into consideration if I ever see a UFO again.

I saw one when I was about eight years old (around 1989) in Sound Beach, NY some time in December. I woke up just before sunrise and looked out my west facing window. I saw a strange red light about 35-40 degrees above the horizon. It did not flash like the ones on a plane nor did it seem to be moving at all. There was no sound associated with it but I figure it was at least a few miles away. I should also mention, even though it was pretty bright it was not nearly as intense as those collision lights- it had a "softer" quality like that of a flame. I watched it for about 5 minutes and decided to wake up my sisters to show them. My big sister looked at it for a bit and said "it's a plane" and went back to sleep.

Here's the strange part: After big sis left, I watched it until it "flew" away. it did so in about the blink of an eye. From my perspective it flew to the left and up in a curved path. I only say this because I saw a short trail of light kind of like a logarithmic curve. At this point I was convinced that what I just saw was magic and the most likely explanation I could think of was Santa...

You can imagine my parents reaction when I told them I had seen Rudolph or Santa's sleigh or the light from Rudolph's nose. This was odd to even me because not only was it not Christmas yet but I could not see the outline of a physical craft- just the light.

So: Would a ball of plasma necessarily fade away or could it suddenly "pinch out" into what looks like a line? Maybe it DID fade away and I just imagined it leaving a streak... I could never make sense of that part.

I admit that our perception of time changes as we get older so what seemed like 15 minutes could have been 3. So, how long do you think a ball of plasma would last assuming it was in air that was likely below zero degrees Celsius? Maybe it was further out than I thought? If it was in the ionosphere I imagine people across many states could have seen this if they were up and about.

One more question just for kicks: Does any one suppose that a machine or a craft could somehow surround itself with plasma? Some people believe that UFO's are physical craft that can somehow ionize the air around them.

CTJG 1986

Unread post by CTJG 1986 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:04 am

@ Doctor Zordirz - that is a very interesting account, I myself had one similar just last year involving a bright white orb in the middle of the day(it was very sunny yet this orb seemed brighter than the sun to me but tiny).

I'm not sure of the exact time frame either but it was completely stationary(relative to my perspective anyways) for at least a few minutes, then it seemed(key word) to drop maybe a few hundred feet and then remained completely still for 30 seconds or so.

Then it just flashed straight up into the sky in a heartbeat and disappeared leaving a slight streaking similar to a 'shooting star' - only in very bright daylight.

I tagged it right away as most likely being a plasma formation though I honestly don't know exactly how it's behavior works with plasma science and such at this time.

I was aware of and interested in plasma and such before that but that experience turned my interest into an outright obsession with understanding not only plasma but the 'energetic' side of the universe in general, haha.
One more question just for kicks: Does any one suppose that a machine or a craft could somehow surround itself with plasma? Some people believe that UFO's are physical craft that can somehow ionize the air around them.
Well I do believe that it is entirely possible myself though any such research would likely be heavily classified and not publicly accessible at this time, plasma stealth technology has existed for decades which ionizes the air around certain edges of the aircraft to scatter, absorb or otherwise interfere with radar signals and such(though last I heard it is still of limited effect).

So to the question of if it is possible I would say yes, but whether it is practical and effective enough with current technology to bother with is another question which I have no answer for at this time.

Cheers,
Jonny
The difference between a Creationist and a believer in the Big Bang is that the Creationists admit they are operating on blind faith... Big Bang believers call their blind faith "theoretical mathematical variables" and claim to be scientists rather than the theologists they really are.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:55 am

At this page there is a declassified UK MOD pdf which reasons for many UAPs being of electrical/plasma origin.
http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/Freed ... ummary.htm
This is still my favorite vid. of what appears to be plasma phenomena.
Mother Ship UFO Birthing Orbs Between Rosario and Satelite Mexico
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAgbp0xBjkM
and it seems the sphere emitting tube has been observed before:
Nuremberg UFO event 1561
There also was another thread a while back on this subject:
New "UFO" Footage looks like Plasma Phenomenon?
http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... =10&t=3745
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

PersianPaladin

Unread post by PersianPaladin » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:44 pm

GaryN wrote:At this page there is a declassified UK MOD pdf which reasons for many UAPs being of electrical/plasma origin.
That's quite an interesting assertion Gary. Do you have any select quotes from the PDF that you can share with readers on the forum? I would wager that they described it as plasma phenomena - but they did not reach conclusions as to how and why it manifested such plasma. Indeed, they could've assumed that the object itself was producing plasma instabilities. Regardless - thanks for sharing the link, I'll look into the document soon.
GaryN wrote:This is still my favorite vid. of what appears to be plasma phenomena.
Mother Ship UFO Birthing Orbs Between Rosario and Satelite Mexico
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAgbp0xBjkM
and it seems the sphere emitting tube has been observed before:
Nuremberg UFO event 1561
I like the video footage and agree with your assertion that it may well be a plasma discharge.

GaryN wrote: There also was another thread a while back on this subject:
New "UFO" Footage looks like Plasma Phenomenon?
http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... =10&t=3745

From a commenter on that thread:-

"The question of plasma phenomena versus UFO's is all well and good but the video evidence presented in this thread is not convincing."

I'm inclined to agree with that commenter. I think my thread has a lot more compiled evidence that is compelling (especially the particular evidence compiled in my blog article I posted above). Also, I have admitted right here on this thread that some of the images and videos posted in my first post - are questionable, and may indeed be explained as some form of experimental balloon. However, my first and second post also contains some compelling documented imagery and my blog-article (in particular) selects specific UFO case-studies, includes the sourced eye-witness account descriptions and then compares it with specific types of space and laboratory plasma discharges and then offers a hypothesis as to the mechanism in which this could occur in our lower atmosphere (within a restricted double-layer region).

My blog article:-
http://hozturner.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09 ... on-of.html

PersianPaladin

Unread post by PersianPaladin » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:03 pm

GaryN wrote:At this page there is a declassified UK MOD pdf which reasons for many UAPs being of electrical/plasma origin.
From the PDF you provided from the British Ministry of Defence:-

"Considerable evidence exists to support the thesis that the events are almost certainly attributable to physical, electrical and magnetic phenomena in the atmosphere, mesosphere and ionosphere. They appear to originate due to more than one set of weather and electrically-charged conditions and are observed so infrequently as to make them unique to the majority of observers. There seems to be a strong possibility that at least some of the events may be triggered by meteor re-entry, the meteors neither burning up completely nor impacting as meteorites, but forming buoyant plasmas. The conditions and method of formation of the electrically-charged plasmas and the scientific rationale for sustaining them for significant periods is incomplete or not fully understood"
http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/7D2B11E0 ... _dec00.pdf

A report in The Daily Telegraph newspaper (widely read in Britain):-
Daily Telegraph wrote:It found that many sightings of UFOs were in fact "plasmas" of gas caused by charges of electricity in the atmosphere.

The author even suggested that exposure to plasmas could cause responses in parts of the brain that lead to elaborate hallucinations that might be interpreted as supernatural experiences of encounters with aliens.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... Earth.html

This shows that they understand that the phenomena forms not just in our ionosphere and mesosphere (where ionized particles are always present), but also in our "atmosphere" as a whole. I think the word "atmosphere" is alluding to the troposphere and stratosphere - and if so, then this tallies with reports of low-level UFO's. Providing an explanation of how our lower atmosphere can manifest plasmas, is important if we want to further our understanding of the Earth's electric field as a whole. The possibility of temporal double-layer regions in the troposphere should be considered. The initiation of such double-layers? Not yet determined. The MOD paper seems to go through a variety of possibilities - such as meteor effects (albeit I'm not sure if meteors could do this given that they usually just violently discharge in fireballs). Solar flares and sunspots are also reviewed, but I've not looked into their findings. Certainly, it is good to see the MOD have looked into this - at least to an extent.

If they mentioned Birkeland Currents, Or Perratt instabilities, Or Bennett Pinches - I'd be delighted. As the admitted presence of such plasma phenomena in our lower atmosphere, would be some progress in our understanding of our electric universe.

PersianPaladin

Unread post by PersianPaladin » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:05 pm

I think people will find this interesting:-

18. Plasma UFO Conference

On 27 and 28 October 1967, several physicists expert in either plasma physics or atmospheric electricity met in Boulder, Col., to discuss the UFO problem with staff members of this project. Participants in the plasma UFO conference were:

Marx Brook: New Mexico Inst. of Mining and Technology

Keith A. Brueckner: University of California (San Diego)

Nicholas C. Christofilos: University of California (Livermore)

Ronald T. H. Collis: Stanford Research Institute

Edmond M. Dewan: Air Force Cambridge Research Lab.

Herman W. Hoerlin: Los Alamos Scientific Lab.

Bernd T. Matthias: University of California (San Diego)

Arnold T. Nordsieck: Santa Barbara, California

Marshall N. Rosenbluth: James Forrestal Research Center

John H. Taylor: University of California (San Diego)

UFO Study Members

Various aspects of atmospheric electricity were reviewed, such as ball lightning, and tornado and earthquake luminescence. Unusual UFO reports were presented for discussion. These included a taped report by a B-47 pilot whose plane was paced for a considerable time by a glowing object. Ground radar reported a pacing blip which appeared to be 16 km from the aircraft. After review the unanimous conclusion was that the object was not a plasma or an electrical luminosity produced by the atmosphere.

[[1193]]

Participants with a background in theoretical or experimental plasma physics felt that containment of plasma by magnetic fields is not likely under atmospheric conditions for more than a second or so. One participant listed the characteristics that would be expected to accompany a large plasma. These are

thermal emission,
production of ozone and odor of N2O
convective air motions,
electrical and acoustic noise,
unusual meteorological conditions.

Another plasma physicist noted that a plasma explanation of certain UFO reports would require an energy density large enough to cause an explosive decay. Atmospheric physicists, however, remarked that several reports of ball lightning do indicate unusually high energy densities.

All participants agreed that the UFO cases presented contained insufficient data for a definitive scientific conclusion.
http://www.project1947.com/shg/condon/s6chap07.html#s3

Since the 1960's, our understanding of plasma phenomena has progressed - but as Hannes Alfvén said; even plasma physicists were starting to use erroneous assumptions about "frozen-in" magnetic fields in their work. And consideration of double-layers was becoming forgotten about and thus replaced by "magnetic re-connection" locations.

The Ministry Of Defence does offer a hypothesis based around a plasma derived from incomplete entry of meteors into our atmosphere:-

"It also seems reasonable to assume that any material which, having sped through the atmosphere at enormous velocity and attained a very high ionisation temperature, must exist in gaseous form before dispersing. It is postulated that it may, instead of (or as well as) forming a gaseous plasma viewed as a visible luminous stream, form (due to variations in atmospheric density and other factors) a single or several plasma bodies."

"Many meteors are of no consequence being microscopic in size. They would not produce a plasma with sufficient energy. However, some of the meteors which have reached the surface as meteorites are known to contain magnetic and other elements. On entering the atmosphere they may already have properties (e.g. electrical or magnetic currents) of unknown magnitude, of which we are unaware and which may influence their final form as they come towards the earth."

"They will either completely burn up, impact as meteorites or, from the rationale above, it is therefore suggested that under certain conditions the residual material from a meteor could form a buoyant plasma or 'fireball' in the lower atmosphere"
Study results:-
"It is noted that the co-incidence of peak meteor dates and UAP reports is statistically very high and cannot be due to chance"
"No correllation of UAP (UFO) reports was found with Solar Flux or Sunspot number"
http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/541351B2 ... 1_ch3b.pdf

It is interesting how no attempt is made to explain why so many meteors simply flare up and discharge in our atmosphere as very transient fireballs - without producing dynamic plasma formations. Indeed, many of the UFO plasma formations that we have documented - show horizontal movements across the lower atmosphere as well as a variety of dynamic behaviour. The 1967 Plasma UFO conference found that such plasmas cannot be sustained in the lower atmosphere for more than "a second or so". The phenonema extends to something greater than merely "ball lightning", and as I have shown in my blog article - there are features that match the sort of plasma that we see in outer space as well as Perratt instabilities. WHAT is causing these plasmas to last long within the lower atmosphere? After all, the MOD states that the UFO phenomena is not confined to our upper ionized atmospheric layers. The only conclusion that I can possibly reach - is that our atmosphere is able to manifest features of a diffuse quasi-neutral plasma with double-layer regions manifesting very powerful localised electric fields. What triggers this? Well, perhaps meteor showers create a strong voltage difference through the atmosphere and at large distances - the discharge appears at certain boundary double- layers. Thus they could generate electric fields before they even enter the atmosphere and break-up.

It is important to show that the MOD did not talk about Birkeland Currents, Bennet Pinches or Perratt instabilities or talk about comparing such phenomena with the plasma seen in outer space:-
"The precise electrical and atmospheric conditions for UAP formation cannot be determined from the evidence available."
http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/D8EBA490 ... ch4to5.pdf

Regards,
~PP.

PersianPaladin

Unread post by PersianPaladin » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:58 pm

Doctor Zordirz wrote:
So: Would a ball of plasma necessarily fade away or could it suddenly "pinch out" into what looks like a line? Maybe it DID fade away and I just imagined it leaving a streak... I could never make sense of that part.

I admit that our perception of time changes as we get older so what seemed like 15 minutes could have been 3. So, how long do you think a ball of plasma would last assuming it was in air that was likely below zero degrees Celsius? Maybe it was further out than I thought? If it was in the ionosphere I imagine people across many states could have seen this if they were up and about.

Well, many reports show that they most certainly last for several minutes in many cases. As for plasma fading away or "pinching" out - I suspect a variety of behaviour would occur if we start to consider the behaviour of the lower atmosphere as a diffuse plasma in certain cases. The double-layer regions (whether current-carrying or current-free) would most likely produce complex plasmoid interactions, dusty plasmas, electric and magnetic fields. So I'd suspect the plasma to generally fade away and discharge to the local neutral atmosphere once it ventures outside of a sufficient electric-field or voltage region. But naturally, it can fade away after doing all sorts of things - such as accelerating horizontally or radially, etc. As for ambient air temperature, I'm not sure that will be a significant factor if we are deriving a powerful discharge from a vertical electric field derived from a certain angle or speed of entry of meteors into the upper atmosphere.

Could a machine or craft surround itself with plasma? Maybe - but the "craft" theory is far more speculative and seems to lack weight given the highly aetheric forms seen in the sky, the strong correlation to peak meteor showers, as well as their similarity to phenomena observed in space (as written on my blog article on my website).

PersianPaladin

Unread post by PersianPaladin » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:56 am

Article now published in print and online:-

http://www.weeklyzaman.com/en/newsDetai ... ewsId=6328

PersianPaladin

Unread post by PersianPaladin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:08 pm

Stunning NASA UFO Anomalies Captured On Film:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlLN_Jcg1pc

The shape at 3:18 looks familiar to me, as I believe I've seen it in either an Electric Universe video presentation or on Holoscience or Thunderbolts.info - If anybody can recognise the discharge-type (or its conditions for formation) then it would be helpful.

The footage at 9:14 is also very interesting, and may appear to show some forms of diocotron instabilities occuring far above the Earth.

And do you notice the discs at 7 minutes in?

Here is a screen-cap:-

And now have a look at this paper on modelling diocotron instabilities in a disc:-

In a previous work, we have shown by linear analysis that a thin charged disk in differential rotation in the magnetosphere of a neutron star with vacuum gaps is unstable to a collisionless instability induced in non-neutral plasmas by differential rotation, the diocotron instability. In this paper we study the long-time-scale evolution of this instability in the non-linear regime by means of both direct numerical simulations and a quasilinear model. We show that, when the disk is externally fed with charged particles produced by a moderate pair creation activity in the magnetosphere, the diocotron instability causes diffusion of the charged particles across the magnetic field lines outwards. An equatorial cross-field electric current is observed to form, carrying a net charge flux radially outwards. This constitutes a hitherto ignored charge transport mechanism in the pulsar magnetosphere. We briefly discuss how this turbulent charge transport mechanism could bear on the problem of electric current closure in pulsar's magnetospheres.
http://www.aanda.org/index.php?option=c ... a2847.html

Take a look at the morphology:-

http://www.aanda.org/articles/aa/full/2 ... /img53.gif

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:06 pm

PP,

Nice thread

An equatorial cross-field electric current is observed to form, carrying a net charge flux radially outwards.
a plasmagnetic sphere contrives its own cymatic drum skin

They may have portrayed electron pair production, at a different scale
pairprod
pairprod