newbie EU comet question

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Open Mind

newbie EU comet question

Unread post by Open Mind » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:47 am

Hi, following a thought and was hoping for some clarification on a subject I'm finding is hard to find info on.

Re: A comet strike, does the EU theory suggests that when a comet enters the atmosphere of a planet, (earth specifically), that on its angled trajectory towards its eventual impact point, the comet tail maintains an electrical connection to the ionosphere that allows at some point, a discharge to ground of that electrical charge held in the ionosphere.

In other words, given a large enough comet that would survive the heat of entering earths atmosphere, would one expect to see huge 'lightning bolts', (for lack of the proper term), shooting off the comet to the ground like a massive arc, before the comet hit the ground? And if so, would the point of discharge of those electrical arcs be a function of a minimum distance necessary that the comet achieved on its angled approach to earth surface for the arc to successfully ground through that distance of air?

Sorry if this scenario is wrong, or obvious. Just clarifying.

nick c
Site Admin

Re: newbie EU comet question

Unread post by nick c » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:15 am

It is not the atmosphere of the Earth that is the issue, but rather the plasmasphere which extends much farther into space. Wal Thornhill has written about this. Right now I do not have time to find a link.
But if my memory serves me... if the intruding object is large enough it will be "seen" by the Earth as the plasmaspheres of both bodies touch. This will bring about a thunderbolt which would cushion and prevent a direct impact.
I think that many EU proponents think that something similar to this occurred in 1908 - the Tunguska event.
http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2006/ ... guska2.htm

The Great Dog

Re: newbie EU comet question

Unread post by The Great Dog » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:29 am

There are no other dogs but The Great Dog