Lightning

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Mikael_Joe

Re: Lightning Slowed Down 300 Percent

Unread post by Mikael_Joe » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:12 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Po35g23 ... r_embedded

Notice how these acrylic secondary discharges are the same as in the first video linked.

Then look at google maps for this view.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=30.0 ... 7&t=k&z=15

kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:30 pm

Kiwi - I don't think that white ball was a beacon light. Considering the video is at 7200 fps it must have lasted for less than 0.01 of a second?
Neither did I Aveo9..... but cap-in-hand is best approach , been caught before by not considering all options :roll:
in spite of ny caution I never noticed the time value .... you are quite right,thanks for pointing it out.

but Im still left wondering how the glow discharge relates to the main event?
Then look at google maps for this view.....
in light of how our solar system formed via Velokovsky et al ..... these things take on a whole new meaning,..... imagine one day when this becomes "mainstream" , its knocking at the door but not been invited in yet :mrgreen:

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:43 pm

Maxwell Jennings wrote:Here's a video of a series of lightning strikes slowed down 300 percent, showing other odd flashes near the main bolts but distinctly different and much faster, along with the multiple strikes down the same pathways of the main bolts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3nJRnwX0tY
Thanks Max[well],

Now, compare that, to the videos of Bert Hickman generating "captured lightning," (AKA, acrylic Lichtenberg figures):

(Capturing Lightning)
http://link.brightcove.com/services/pla ... 1419758473

from his page on Lichtenberg figures:
http://www.capturedlightning.com/frames ... bergs.html

Basically, what we're seeing is continuing "charge redistribution," or pockets of space charge continuing to discharge repeatedly, often along existing ionized pathways generated some moments before.

Best,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:46 pm

Ohh, I see Mikael already forwarded one video of making acrylic Lichtenbergs... Well, just consider min an alternate, then. :) The high speed camera is pretty cool though! :)

~Michael
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:06 am

Here's some interesting comparisons:

Positive Lichtenberg figurine (from Stoneridge Engineering's website)

Dendritic ridges from the sides of Olympus Mons on Mars (from The Dendritic Ridges of Olympus Mons)

Negative LIchtenberg figurine (from Stoneridge Engineering's website)

Terraced crater here on Earth (from TPOD: Earth's Richat Crater)

Scale is everything! :)
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

Maxwell Jennings

Unread post by Maxwell Jennings » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:47 am

Nice links and added info, guys!

kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:19 am

Scale is everything!
wow! what is the size of that? .. looks like a gigantic open cast mine, but has a cental peak(s)?

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:01 am

From TPOD: Earth's Richat Crater:
In the October 28, 2002 Astronomy Picture of the Day the "explanation" goes like this: "What on Earth is that? The Richat Structure in the Sahara Desert of Mauritania is easily visible from space because it is nearly 50 kilometers across. Once thought to be an impact crater, the Richat Structure's flat middle and lack of shock-altered rock indicates otherwise. The possibility that the Richat Structure was formed by a volcanic eruption also seems improbable because of the lack of a dome of igneous or volcanic rock. Rather, the layered sedimentary rock of the Richat structure is now thought by many to have been caused by uplifted rock sculpted by erosion....Why the Richat Structure is nearly circular remains a mystery."
That was pretty much the only discourse regarding the physical dimensions of it (link to the TPOD there in blue).
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

MrAmsterdam

Unread post by MrAmsterdam » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:59 pm

"Why the Richat Structure is nearly circular remains a mystery."
This story seem to have different layers - if you check google earth - in the middle of the "structure of Richat" - you'll find another piece of the puzzle;

"ronds pleins et concentriques"

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/853650

in Chinguetti, Mauritania ; 21° 7' 40.44" N 11° 23' 53.93" W
853650-800.jpg
It almost looks like cave art, but I do not think it is. If you look at the half of the splitted rock you'll see the circular oval shape continues from one end to the other as a solid 3d structure. It looks like sort of fractal of the massive concentric circle observed from space but then on a smaller scale. Any explanations?
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -Nikola Tesla -1934

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:19 pm

MrAm,

I've seen those concentric color inclusions a few times, and always in sedimentary rock.
I think they are probably a sort of failed and filled-in geode,
but of course have no proof.

s

kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:21 pm

Just had a friend post this to another site .... offered as a possible UFO, but noted by one poster (who is not involved in EUT) as an effect of plasma,... this may have been featured somewhere in the archives here already, but here is the link anyway .... I think it would make an interesting TPOD

cheers

http://www.aerosphere.com/Magazine/UFO_ ... ufo1.shtml

kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:23 pm

MrAmsterdam

Unread post by MrAmsterdam » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:47 pm

[quote="kiwi"]Just had a friend post this to another site .... offered as a possible UFO, but noted by one poster (who is not involved in EUT) as an effect of plasma,... this may have been featured somewhere in the archives here already, but here is the link anyway .... I think it would make an interesting TPOD

cheers

That is weird picture! Any other whitnesses? Any other pictures?
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -Nikola Tesla -1934

kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:54 pm

MrAmsterdam wrote:That is weird picture! Any other whitnesses? Any other pictures?

this is about it Mr A ..... I guess the bloke who took the shot could be approached via the editor of the site 8-)
The picture, according to Levi, was snapped during an electrical storm while he was on duty in southern Lebanon.

The picture was taken at night, from the ground, and Levi says many others saw what appears to be lightning striking an ellipse-shaped object hovering overhead.

"The strange thing was that your eyes weren't able to see for a few seconds and your radio didn't work for 15 minutes. [Other electrical] stuff experienced trouble as well," Levi told us in an email. But he admits he doesn't have a clue as to what it was.

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:51 pm

Similar to the hedjet, worn by ancient Egyptian (sky) gods-esses-

Narmer Palette, also known as the Great Hierakonpolis Palette or the Palette of Narmer, is a significant Egyptian archeological find, dating from about the 31st century BC, containing some of the earliest hieroglyphic inscriptions ever found.

http://www.pyramidofman.com/Osiris-Djed.htm
http://egyptian-gods.org/narmer-palette/
http://www.lessing-photo.com/search.asp ... &p=2&ipp=6

Nekhbet, the tutelary goddess of Nekheb (modern el Kab) near Hierakonpolis, was depicted as a woman, sometimes with the head of a vulture, wearing the White Crown. The falcon god Horus of Hierakonpolis (Egyptian: Nekhen) was generally shown wearing a White Crown. A famous depiction of the White Crown is on the Narmer Palette found at Hierakonpolis in which the king of the South wearing the hedjet is shown triumphing over his northern enemies. The kings of the united Egypt saw themselves as successors of Horus. Vases from the reign of Khasekhemwy show the king as Horus wearing the White Crown.