Do Laboratory Z-Pinches Show Red Shift?

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

BeyondTheVeil

Do Laboratory Z-Pinches Show Red Shift?

Unread post by BeyondTheVeil » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:59 pm

Perratt and Alfvén hypothesized that quasars are z-pinches in galactic Birkeland Currents. If laboratory plasma z-pinches show red shift, then it seems that the "Redshift = Distance" hypothesis would be falsified.
Unless you ask, the answer is always "No".

Siggy_G

Re: Do Laboratory Z-Pinches Show Red Shift?

Unread post by Siggy_G » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:02 pm

BeyondTheVeil wrote:Perratt and Alfvén hypothesized that quasars are z-pinches in galactic Birkeland Currents. If laboratory plasma z-pinches show red shift, then it seems that the "Redshift = Distance" hypothesis would be falsified.
I'm not sure if plasma z-pinches specifically show redshift, but there are plenty of observations of redshift occuring in various plasma scenarios that would falsify using redshift as an indicator for cosmic expansion, and it also makes distance readings based on redshift erroneous, because redshift has a cocktail of causes and parameters. Though, redshift is still affected by distance due to photons traversing the interstellar/intergalactical medium and interacting with particles.

There have been several discussions here on the TB forum up through the years regarding redshift, and I recommend skimming through them for the important info they contain:

Plasma redshift observed in the lab

Ari Brynjolfsson’s Plasma Redshift Cosmology

Interstellar Medium and Redshift

moses

Unread post by moses » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:20 pm

If anyone can point me to redshift of galactic rings I'd appreciate it. The language is confusing for me.
Cheers,
Mo

The Great Dog

Unread post by The Great Dog » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:51 pm

You would expect the beams from a z-pinch to be red and blue shifted, depending on orientation. Since the oppositely charged ions exist the plasmoid in opposite directions, the spectra will vary accordingly.

TGD
There are no other dogs but The Great Dog

Zyxzevn

Unread post by Zyxzevn » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:02 pm

The Great Dog wrote:You would expect the beams from a z-pinch to be red and blue shifted...
As I understand it...
The frequency is shifted due to absorption and re-emission.
The idea behind plasma redshift is that the free electrons and ions absorb the light and get accelerated.
When they re-emit the light the energy is slightly less than before.
So in most cases we will likely see red-shift of light.
This could mean that the redshift is directly related to the kinetic push of light on matter,
something that is fully accepted in the mainstream.

With a normal gas this frequency-shift would not happen so much, because the
electrons are directly connected with the atoms. This means that only certain
bands will receive the light and the light will not be shifted more than a
extremely small bit.
But in a plasma the electrons are free from the atoms, so they can absorb any light frequency.
This will cause the light to shift on all frequencies continuously. And with enough space and sparse plasma
there will be a noticeable redshift of light relative to the distance the light travelled.
More ** from zyxzevn at: Paradigm change and C@

neilwilkes

Unread post by neilwilkes » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:31 am

BeyondTheVeil wrote:Perratt and Alfvén hypothesized that quasars are z-pinches in galactic Birkeland Currents. If laboratory plasma z-pinches show red shift, then it seems that the "Redshift = Distance" hypothesis would be falsified.
I suspect the problem measuring this would be the greatly reduced scale in the lab.
Lab experiments are part of Alfven's "Triple Jump" theory, and he said that it scaled - so how would redshift lasting less than a millisecond in the lab be measured - even if you knew exactly where to look in advance for the pinch points.
You will never get a man to understand something his salary depends on him not understanding.

Zyxzevn

Unread post by Zyxzevn » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:07 am

neilwilkes wrote: I suspect the problem measuring this would be the greatly reduced scale in the lab.
I think it is possible to see redshifts when you have a sparse plasma in a strong magnetic field.

The particles in the plasma will absorb some light and be pushed.
Probably one needs to have an active electrical current to get enough free particles.
Some plasma ball or tube may do the job.
But then you need to install some big magnetic fields around the plasma.
The magnetism will cause "magnetic breaking" and this will cause the particles to lose
speed before re-emitting the light.
This emitted light is of slightly lower frequency.

With a simple light interference instrument one can measure the shift of the frequency.

Estimated instrument costs around 1000 Dollars?
Really depends on how accurate instruments are.
Might be rented for 100 Dollars?
More ** from zyxzevn at: Paradigm change and C@