Why the hostility?

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

cwillms61

Why the hostility?

Unread post by cwillms61 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:59 am

I'm new here so please excuse if this has been addressed before. Looking through the list of related websites I found it curious that 'Plasma Universe' carries a nasty disclaimer stating:

The Plasma Universe and Plasma Cosmology have no ties to the anti-science blogsites of the holoscience 'electric universe'.

Why the hostility? What I read at Plasma Universe seems remarkably similar to what I've seen at Thunderbolts.info and holoscience.com. Is it something to do with Mr Thornhill personally?

David

Re: Why the hostility?

Unread post by David » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:39 pm

cwillms61 wrote:
Why the hostility? What I read at Plasma Universe seems remarkably similar to what I've seen at Thunderbolts.info and holoscience.com. Is it something to do with Mr Thornhill personally?
No, it has nothing to do with him "personally"; Wallace Thornhill is a well liked and very charming man.

However, Mr. Thornhill and a handful of his close associates are raising eyebrows with their, well, let’s just call it their provocative beliefs. And as a result, the label “anti-science” has now been hung round their collective necks.

Here are a few of the key players in this melodrama:

1) Wallace Thornhill -- Dipole gravity
2) David Talbott – Neo-Velikovskian ideas
3) Stephen Crothers – General relativity is basically numerology

When all has been said and done, it is up to you to decide if the “anti-science” label is warranted, or just a bum rap.

querious

Unread post by querious » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:10 pm

cwillms61 wrote:I'm new here so please excuse if this has been addressed before. Looking through the list of related websites I found it curious that 'Plasma Universe' carries a nasty disclaimer stating:

The Plasma Universe and Plasma Cosmology have no ties to the anti-science blogsites of the holoscience 'electric universe'.

Well, if I were Anthony Peratt, I'd want to distance myself from holoscience.com / Thornhill too! Dipole gravity is the worst sort of nonsense I've ever encountered on "alternative" science sites. The fact that it's been on holoscience since 2008 is just... I have no words.

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:44 pm

Peratt attended an EU conference some years ago, early 2000s I think, and was collaborating with Dave Talbott. I think it was Talbott who told Peratt about petroglyphs appearing to show plasma phenomena in the ancient sky. Peratt then did an extensive study of thousands of petroglyphs and concluded that he was right and he wrote a book about it. I think Peratt used to be an associate of Hans Alfven till Alfven died. So he has a lot of similar ideas to EU, like Alfven did. Peratt seems to be no longer in touch with EU members and it may be because his sponsors dislike EU. Or it may be that Peratt does consider EU theory somewhat extreme.

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:13 am

older thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8934&sid=363bff0d5d ... 7cc2c514dd

--

My comment was a bit brief ;) , but tells you all you need to know.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

querious

Unread post by querious » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:34 am

D_Archer wrote:My comment was a bit brief ;) , but tells you all you need to know.
Regards,
Daniel
Yes, your comment was brief, but I have a better explanation as to why Peratt says holoscience is anti-science. And that is because holoscience IS anti-science, and dipole gravity proves it beyond any shadow of a doubt.

Webbman

Unread post by Webbman » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:32 am

before we throw out the baby with the bathwater don't you all think we have more important things to do..

like finding all the flavors of skittles..umm..errr..I meant neutrinos.

you should keep looking until you find them all...
its all lies.

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:37 am

querious wrote:
D_Archer wrote:My comment was a bit brief ;) , but tells you all you need to know.
Regards,
Daniel
Yes, your comment was brief, but I have a better explanation as to why Peratt says holoscience is anti-science. And that is because holoscience IS anti-science, and dipole gravity proves it beyond any shadow of a doubt.
That is just like an opinion of yours and it does not answer the OP question.

I think you know where the real hostility comes from, agents like you, working for "science", interloping this forum, please tread carefully or i will use my 'be gone' spell :o

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

JeffreyW

Unread post by JeffreyW » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:49 am

From my experience it doesn't matter. Scientists have been hostile to each other since... well, forever.

Its just how things go down. They are always vying to have their own ideas being the best ones, regardless if they actually make sense or not. Its an ego thing.

Scientists always claim to be these "objective, logical truth seekers", but in fact the opposite is true. They are opinionated, irrational people who succumb to belief systems albeit unwittingly a large proportion of the time.

Lord Kelvin himself considered nuclear energy related matters as nonsense. Too bad he wasn't alive to see it all go down all over Hiroshima and Nagasaki!

So the dipole gravity and General Relativity being numerology stuff might be correct. We won't know until we know for sure. As to the mythology stuff? I'd stay away from that.
http://vixra.org/pdf/1711.0206v4.pdf The Main Book on Stellar Metamorphosis, Version 4

David

Unread post by David » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:08 am

JeffreyW wrote:
As to the mythology stuff? I'd stay away from that.
Good advice! And while cleaning house, they can also flush the homeopathy nonsense down the toilet too.

Mythology, homeopathy, and the incessant anti-Newton/Einstein rants are a toxic combination. Put a full stop to all of it; it is poisoning the well.

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:30 am

David wrote:
JeffreyW wrote:
As to the mythology stuff? I'd stay away from that.
Good advice! And while cleaning house, they can also flush the homeopathy nonsense down the toilet too.

Mythology, homeopathy, and the incessant anti-Newton/Einstein rants are a toxic combination. Put a full stop to all of it; it is poisoning the well.
Hi mr agent, i know you are just interloping but you could try to stay on topic.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

David

Unread post by David » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:04 am

D_Archer wrote: Hi mr agent, i know you are just interloping...
That is now the second time you have accused me of being an “Agent”; conspiratorial rubbish that no doubt came from your hero Miles Mathis.

Either back up the claim with actual evidence, or put a stop to the vicious innuendos and slanderous lies.

David Talbott
Site Admin

Unread post by David Talbott » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:47 pm

cwillms61 wrote:I'm new here so please excuse if this has been addressed before. Looking through the list of related websites I found it curious that 'Plasma Universe' carries a nasty disclaimer stating:

Since I've been asked to respond:

It's interesting that the source of the sweeping negative statement on Peratt's site remains a mystery so many years after its initial appearance. It appeared at almost precisely the time that Peratt disappeared from public life. Over the years that I knew him he was a trusted friend, assuring me that he had the proof that my own conclusions were fundamentally correct. I never asked him to publicly disclose anything about how he had received, from my own work, his critical orientation to the ancient petroglyphs. Nevertheless, after a few years of silence, I felt it important to disclose certain details of the relationship in our video presentations.

All I know for certain is that over a discrete period beginning around 2001 the most perverse of critics, Leroy Ellenberger, devoted his life to destroying Peratt through phone calls, postcards, emails and every available device directed to Peratt's superiors at Los Alamos, his colleagues, and everyone he could find that knew him or might be provoked to action against him. From my own experience this zealotry—and the response of unnamed people with influence over Tony—was the darkest stain on science I'd ever witnessed. Some day, perhaps, a whistleblower or investigative reporter will shed more light on this enigmatic turn of events.

David Talbott

David Talbott
Site Admin

Unread post by David Talbott » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:05 pm

querious wrote:
Regards,
Daniel
Well now querious, why not just tell us what YOU know that Wal Thornhill DOESN'T know. This Forum is not the place for you to wander about dropping slanderous dismissals of Thornhill or others. Having looked over your recent comments I can say that you have no idea what you're talking about. Dropping random insults does not increase the likelihood of your getting a pass for a lack of understanding.

David Talbott

querious

Unread post by querious » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:59 pm

David Talbott wrote:
querious wrote:
Regards,
Daniel
Well now querious, why not just tell us what YOU know that Wal Thornhill DOESN'T know. This Forum is not the place for you to wander about dropping slanderous dismissals of Thornhill or others. Having looked over your recent comments I can say that you have no idea what you're talking about. Dropping random insults does not increase the likelihood of your getting a pass for a lack of understanding.

David Talbott
Hi David,
So I take it that you are willing to stand by dipole gravity as described by Thornhill in his recent EU2015 presentation?
Querious