Similarities

Plasma formations in the ancient sky. The role of planets as charged bodies in these formations. Ground-rules for drawing reliable conclusions. A new approach to the mythic archetypes: is a unified theory of world mythology possible?
mague

Similarities

Unread post by mague » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:57 am

Today i have read about [url2=http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2008/ ... theory.htm] strings[/url2]

I couldnt help myself to see similarities between the string theory and the traditional sweat lodge.

Left is the fire representing the sun. Right side is the lodge representing the earth and a small temple/shrine representing the moon. The boundary around them all is made of small rocks and it is not allowed to leave the boundary while the ceremony lasts.

The stones heated up in the fire are the "grandfathers" traveling from the sun to the earth. Enligthening the dark womb of earth (the dark lodge). The stones release the power of the sun (heat and light) which is traveling back through the air to the big circuit. Because of that it is not allowed to cross the small path between sun (fire) and earth (lodge). People are forced to walk around the lodge and the fire within the stone boundary to never cross the path of flowing energy and disturbe it.

Grey Cloud

Re: Similarities

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:40 pm

Personally I have no time for string theory but I do like your sweat lodge image and description. Could you let me know where you got it from please?
I'm not sure if it was from a link posted by Lizzie, but somewhere recently I saw something along similar lines about the layout of Hopi settlements. (Kivas?).
Hmmn.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

mague

Re: Similarities

Unread post by mague » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:05 pm

The lodge is based on an oral teaching of Archie Fire Lame Deer. There is a bit more behind it, because the scholar was a young woman and the pipe was made by Lame Deer's daughter Josephine. I also dont know who teached her the songs and the female aspects of the lodge. We never will know, because womens have their secrets, ya know ;)

Doesnt matter. There are always slight differences from tribe to tribe. But the basic idea of traveling particles from sun to earths womb is always there.