The Simplified Case for Cosmic Electrodynamics

New threads (topics) in the Thunderblogs/Multimedia forum are only to be initiated by Forum Administrators. This is the place for users to comment on or discuss aspects of any individual Thunderblog or Thunderbolts multimedia post.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

davesmith_au
Site Admin

The Simplified Case for Cosmic Electrodynamics

Unread post by davesmith_au » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:48 pm

30 Jun '08 ~ Michael Gmirkin

Astronomers have implicated a strong role for magnetic fields in many astrophysical processes, yet they appear to be at a loss to explain those magnetic fields or why they should be important. Working within a gravity-dominated paradigm does not help the situation either. ... [More...]
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

junglelord

Re: The Simplified Case for Cosmic Electrodynamics

Unread post by junglelord » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:19 am

I wish I had the intelligence to have thought about that. I never had much exposure to magnetic fields in the cosmology field until about 1998, 2000 at the latest. I must have been dense to not have related electric current to the magnetic field.
:oops:

I remember asking myself why would they be there? They never actually got into "frozen in lines", or "magnetic reconnection" on the pages I explored. Merely that the magnetic field of the sun was enormous and was diagramed like a lawn sprinkler that spins, which was unlike the earth magnetic field we so diagramed. That spiral magnetic field fascinated me...
:D

Dispite the fact I have a degree in electronics, the simple theory of class evaded me and I failed to make the fundamental leap of logic that this paper does so well. The sleep that modern science puts on your thinking cap is terrible. I swear we are almost brainwashed....
:?

meanwhile these papers that are written as blogs, are so very good to wake us from our stupor and to let us realize that people without diplomas make more sense then the professional....
:shock:

I think the less schooling you have, the better. Learning and schooling are not the same thing.
We do not know how to reason...we know how to memorize.
:cry:

There is so little reason in Modern Cosmology, Alice in Wonderland comes to mind.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

MGmirkin

Re: The Simplified Case for Cosmic Electrodynamics

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:39 pm

junglelord wrote:We do not know how to reason...we know how to memorize.
:cry:

There is so little reason in Modern Cosmology, Alice in Wonderland comes to mind.
"Precisely... If you cannot say what you mean, you can never mean what you say" -The Queen of Hearts, Alice in Wonderland (if I recall correctly).

I made precisely that point yesterday in responding to a blog elsewhere. This is precisely the reason we need to present children with multiple possible options, and teach them the skills to reason through the options, possibly even think "outside the box" to come to the conclusion that makes the most sense, given the facts.

Anything else (IE, given only one possible solution) is not learning to "think," it's rote memorization. And if the thing being memorized is incorrect, it's an utter and complete waste of time. Not only do they not know the correct thing, they have no tools for realizing their error and correcting it through logical thinking, reasoning, deduction, induction, independent thought, etc. etc.

It saddens me to think that our children may be brought up in such intellectual squallor. But, on the bright side, perhaps not all is lost. After all, it seems one can "unlearn" what one has learned. But it requires quite a bit of concentrated effort and time.

Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law