Las Vegas '12 Conference - Travel & Lodging Logistics

New threads (topics) in the Announcements forum are only to be initiated by Forum Administrators. Of course, users are encouraged to post replies where appropriate.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

forum_admin
Site Admin

Las Vegas '12 Conference - Travel & Lodging Logistics

Unread post by forum_admin » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:39 pm

It might be a good idea to start planning logistics for the 2012 conference in Las Vegas.

Specifically:
If anyone is planning on driving to the conference, we can see who might be willing to carpool.
If someone will have transportation at the conference (renting a car), who might be willing to help ferry folks from the airport to their hotels?
Is anyone interested room sharing arrangements?

It might be helpful to list things like where you're coming from, whether you're driving, flying or coming by bus/train. What your expected arrival date / time / location will be. Whether you'll be renting a car. Where you'll be staying, if you've got extra space for a room sharing, etc.

-The Thunderbolts Team.

longcircuit

Re: Las Vegas '12 Conference - Travel & Lodging Logistics

Unread post by longcircuit » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:08 pm

I'll be going to the conference from the southern San Francisco Bay Area.
I have reservations at the Rio, from Jan. 5 through Jan. 8, checking in at 6:00 p.m. on the fifth, and leaving on the morning of Jan. 9.
Is there anyone in my general area who'd like to share the drive with me, or to have me as a passenger/co-driver?

longcircuit

ilovetotravel

Unread post by ilovetotravel » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:19 pm

I want to be part of this next year. I just want to know know about the logistics thing etc.

Kapriel

Unread post by Kapriel » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:31 am

Hello longcircuit,

I am looking into a possible carpool for you. Can you send me your personal information at EU2012x@gmail.com please? (ie: name, location, phone number, preferred travel-dates). Thanks! Are you looking for a room-share as well?

To ilovetotravel,
Not sure what you'd like to know? You can also email me privately at the above address with your particulars.
Thanks!
Doubt is not proof.

longcircuit

Unread post by longcircuit » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:55 am

Although I've made a single-room reservation at the Rio for the conference, I'm open to sharing a room there. If anyone is looking for a roommate, please let me know via PM or this thread.
Thanks.

longcircuit

Goldminer

Unread post by Goldminer » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:29 am

I am looking for ride share and/or room share to the conference. Open as to departure/return. I am in the Fresno, California area, along US99.
I sense a disturbance in the farce.

longcircuit

Unread post by longcircuit » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:52 pm

I have a question for anyone who know the roads of central and southern California better than I.
The last time I drove from the San Francisco Bay Area to Las Vegas, I lost too much time getting through Bakersfield and environs. Looking at Google Maps, I wonder if I may save time by bypassing Bakersfield on I-5, then turning east on CA-223 (Bear Mountain Road) until reaching I-15, which I'll follow to Vegas.
Any advice will be insanely appreciated.

longcircuit

kellysue

Unread post by kellysue » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:58 pm

I have not yet decided if i will be attending however will keep my eye on this forum incase i see people in my area as im happy to carpool.
Last edited by nick c on Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: commercial link removed from signature

longcircuit

Unread post by longcircuit » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:47 pm

For all those arriving in Las Vegas on Thursday, Jan. 5: if you'll be staying at or near the Rio, why don't we meet for dinner there or at a nearby eatery to be determined? Call it the pre-conference social hour. Say, 7:30 or 8:00 p.m.? Any takers?

longcircuit

jamesbrett16

Unread post by jamesbrett16 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:29 pm

ilovetotravel wrote:I want to be part of this next year. I just want to know know about the logistics thing etc.
I am also looking into attending this year, and have checked out rooms at the Rio starting on January 8. I will be coming from the Los Angeles area, and am wondering if anyone would like to share a ride. If I cannot find a ride, I suppose it makes more since to fly up there. I already have a roommate for the weekend unfortunately. Looking forward to it!
-Jim

jamesbrett16

Unread post by jamesbrett16 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:24 pm

jamesbrett16 wrote:
ilovetotravel wrote:I want to be part of this next year. I just want to know know about the logistics thing etc.
I am also looking into attending this year, and have checked out rooms at the Rio starting on January 8. I will be coming from the Los Angeles area, and am wondering if anyone would like to share a ride. If I cannot find a ride, I suppose it makes more since to fly up there. I already have a roommate for the weekend unfortunately. Looking forward to it!
-Jim
Wondering if anyone needs a place to stay, as I ended up booking an extra room, so please let me know if you need a place last minute :)
Last edited by nick c on Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: commercial link removed from signature

markspann

Unread post by markspann » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:38 pm

Goldminer wrote:I am looking for ride share and/or room share to the conference. Open as to departure/return. I am in the Fresno, California area, along US99.
Hey Kurt. It's Mark Spann....are you going to be at EU2014 in ABQ...let me know if you are.

- Mark
Mark Spann
EU2014 Conference room and ride share coordinator
(251) 648-0006
markspann@gmail.com
Skype ID = mark.spann1