Taking a break? Let us know here...

New threads (topics) in the Announcements forum are only to be initiated by Forum Administrators. Of course, users are encouraged to post replies where appropriate.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Taking a break? Let us know here...

Unread post by davesmith_au » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:58 pm

If anyone who regularly posts to our forum is going to be off-line for whatever reason for a considerable period, if might be worthwhile letting others know by posting a short notice in this thread.

Please ensure you DO NOT post personal details, especially the reason for the break.

There is always a chance (however slim) that someone may know your IRL (In Real Life) identity and address. If you are going abroad for a vacation, the last thing you want is to alert potential burglars that your home may be empty for a period of time. The same applies for an interstate work contract or a hospital stay.

Please keep this thread clear of responses to or commentary on such notices, so that all it contains is the notices themselves. Any speculation or unnecessary posts will be deleted.

Dave Smith.
Forum Administrator.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Nereid - Re: Taking a break? Let us know here...

Unread post by davesmith_au » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:01 pm

Nereid has informed us that she will likely be off-line for the most part, for the month of March 2012. Please avoid asking questions of her or offering commentary which she will be unable to answer during this time.

Cheers, Dave.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007

Nereid

Re: Nereid - Re: Taking a break? Let us know here...

Unread post by Nereid » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:21 am

davesmith_au wrote:Nereid has informed us that she will likely be off-line for the most part, for the month of March 2012. Please avoid asking questions of her or offering commentary which she will be unable to answer during this time.

Cheers, Dave.
Actually, it was March 2011 ;)

I'm not really back in the land of the internet yet - I just posted to the Electric Sun: A Quantitative Calculation
thread (and replied to a few PMs). There are quite a few old, unanswered questions/topics for me to address (old as in up to the first week of March, 2011); I'll address these as and when I can, over the next few weeks ...

nick c
Site Admin

Re: Taking a break? Let us know here...

Unread post by nick c » Fri May 06, 2011 7:29 am

hello all,
I will have little or no computer access next week, May 7 thru 14. Hope to resume a normal routine at or around May 15.
thanks,
Nick

jjohnson

Unread post by jjohnson » Mon May 09, 2011 10:16 am

I will likely be off-line for about the next 24 hours, or until roughly noon Tuesday 10 May Pacific Daylight Time, US.
Jim

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Sat May 21, 2011 8:39 am

Just letting our members know Nereid will be on a break for the next week or so.

I would discourage others from posing questions to her or demanding answers about existing posts during this time, as it would be unfair. Please let integrity be your guide.

Dave Smith.
Forum Administrator.

jjohnson

Unread post by jjohnson » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:36 pm

I will be out at the NPA Conference July 6-9 next week, and not likely checking the Forum for articles etc.

Jim

tayga

Unread post by tayga » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:15 pm

davesmith_au wrote:Just letting our members know Nereid will be on a break for the next week or so.

I would discourage others from posing questions to her or demanding answers about existing posts during this time, as it would be unfair. Please let integrity be your guide.

Dave Smith.
Forum Administrator.
A week's a long time in politics. In pseudoskepticism too, apparently.
tayga

It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.

- Richard P. Feynman

Normal science does not aim at novelties of fact or theory and, when successful, finds none.
- Thomas Kuhn

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:32 pm

tayga wrote:
davesmith_au wrote:Just letting our members know Nereid will be on a break for the next week or so.

Dave Smith.
Forum Administrator.
A week's a long time in politics. In pseudoskepticism too, apparently.

It was decided we would not allow Nereid back onto the forum after her week-long break. No-one in our group has the time nor inclination to address her obfuscationary tactics. If she showed some genuine interest it would be a different story, but anyone coming to the forum with the specific task of "debunking" EU is quite simply, not welcome here.

Dave Smith.
Forum Administrator.

Goldminer

Unread post by Goldminer » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:21 pm

davesmith_au wrote: It was decided we would not allow Nereid back onto the forum after her week-long break. No-one in our group has the time nor inclination to address her obfuscationary tactics. If she showed some genuine interest it would be a different story, but anyone coming to the forum with the specific task of "debunking" EU is quite simply, not welcome here.

Dave Smith.
Forum Administrator.
I am somewhat disappointed. I suggest allowing "her" to respond to existing threads, but be restricted to no new thread posts. Her existing posts serve as an example of desperation in failure to debunk the EU Paradigm. I think most people who explore the forum easily see through "her" exposition of the consensus view, thus providing responses from true Thunderbolters that can be posted on forums dealing with the consensus tribe. Same applies to "the Physicist" and others of that ilk. Now, "her" feelings are undoubtedly hurt. She probably ain't tough like the Goldminer!

I really would like to see a valid criticism of COBE: A Radiological Analysis by Pierre-Marie Robitaille. His articles place the Big Bang itself into question. Until then, his work stands on its own! It's a silver bullet.
I sense a disturbance in the farce.

tayga

Unread post by tayga » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:42 am

davesmith_au wrote:It was decided we would not allow Nereid back onto the forum after her week-long break.
Aaaaah! Thanks, Dave. And thanks. ;)
tayga

It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.

- Richard P. Feynman

Normal science does not aim at novelties of fact or theory and, when successful, finds none.
- Thomas Kuhn

vatek1

Unread post by vatek1 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:20 am

Dave,

I actually a bit disappointed that you are banning her/him/them...:( Actually, I would welcome people of opposing arguments to debate in the Forums. As long, as they remain respectful of others and do not post just to "bump" their threads back into real-time. Not sure that I agree that a permanent ban is necessary...IMHO. She really did not do anything to warrant that severe of an administrative action. But its your call not mine. I am new to the Forums also, but hope to contribute some constructive information or comment.

best regards,
Forrest

P.S. LOL...In this case after reading more of her posts, perhaps it was warranted. :oops:

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:39 pm

I will be unavailable and offline from April 28 through May 6.

Nick

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:59 pm

Hmm, I guess I never really posted anything, as it wasn't official or anything, and still isn't. Just haven't had been on the forum much the last year-ish. Sorry all... Just had/have some other stuff on my plate. Still involved in the community, quite enjoyed the 2013 conference in ABQ, have been working on some EU-related projects. Nothing too fancy, as yet.

That & my day job is just time consuming... Not enough hours in the day. Though, I have been moderating to one degree or another the couple of Facebook Groups relating to EU / Thunderbolts projects. But, between that & work, I'm afraid I've kind of neglected Forum moderating duties. Too many pots to stir, I guess?

Anyway, sorry I've not been hereabouts much as of late.

May continue to be the case. Though I'll still likely be active on the FB groups & Thunderbolts page.

Wish I had the time & inclination for EVERYthing... I'll still check back every so often, tho'.

~MG
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

neilwilkes

Unread post by neilwilkes » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:51 am

Hi Dave,

Sorry for recent inactivity.
This is caused by some hectic work schedules at the moment, with deadlines coming out of my hair.

I will be posting properly again shortly (september, anyway)
You will never get a man to understand something his salary depends on him not understanding.