Mythology Forum Progress...

New threads (topics) in the Announcements forum are only to be initiated by Forum Administrators. Of course, users are encouraged to post replies where appropriate.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Mythology Forum Progress...

Unread post by davesmith_au » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:01 am

Giday all, I just thought everyone is owed an update on the proposed Mythology Forum, as I intimated it would appear within a couple of weeks, and that time's about up.

After a long phone call with Dave Talbott today I can assure everyone that within the week, the Mythology Forum will be up and running. There have been a couple of minor loose ends to tie up, and the untimely collapse of the old forum certainly didn't help any.

I'd like also to take this opportunity to reinforce the concept of this proposed forum. It will not be an open, "discuss any mythology which takes your fancy" forum. It will be to discuss the Comparative Mythology of Dave Talbott and others which, if evidence is to be considered, appears to be intimately related to the Electric Universe theory. This involves not just the Saturn Myth, but also much, much more.

Several developments over the last decade or so have guided those investigating these issues toward a model which is, on the face of it, difficult to believe and which requires a great deal of discipline, discretion and skill if it is to be discussed constructively. It must be stated that far from being anyone's pet theory, it has evolved and developed as open-minded and intelligent individuals have gathered evidence from the ancestors of modern man right across the globe which when considered as a whole, is very compelling and will challenge the core beliefs of many people.

Please understand that as this is a very serious topic with scientific and forensic investigation as its core, and necessarily anything outside the guidelines which are set for discussion will not be considered and will be deleted. If you go to the effort of making posts for the new forum, make them count by sticking to the topic. I am sure all reasonable and intelligent folk will understand the need for these requirements and respect them accordingly.

I very much look forward to the input of those who are genuinely interested in finding out more about the Comparative Mythology method and the ramifications of this line of study not only on the tenets of Electric Universe theory, but on our lives as a whole.

Cheers, Dave Smith.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

Plasmatic

Re: Mythology Forum Progress...

Unread post by Plasmatic » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:46 am

Exellent post and well put ,Dave. The comparative Method is the essential task of the mythological investigator. The familiarity and application of this method is paramount to wading through the vast amount of minutia of cultural localization , and diffusion. This ground work MUST be clear and its method of application consistent in order for one to uncover the true "archetypes" of universal experience across the globe.
"Logic is the art of non-contradictory identification"......" I am therefore Ill think"
Ayn Rand
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
Aristotle

David Talbott
Site Admin

Unread post by David Talbott » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:23 am

You guys have stated the issues clearly. Since the Mythology section will be activated this week, everyone please consider the communications challenge inherent in our task here. When a reconstruction defies all popular beliefs about earth history and about physical plausibility, what is the fastest way to clarify evidence and to apply principles of reasoning? We'll be looking for well-focused discussion, based on a rigorous comparative approach, working from the ground up.

I'll address this challenge in a first post to the Mythology section.

David Talbott

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:31 pm

Plasmatic wrote:The comparative Method is the essential task of the mythological investigator.
Thank you for summing that up so well.
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

Plasmatic

Unread post by Plasmatic » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:41 pm

Awe shucks ! :oops: Thank you! Dave and company have blazed a clear path for us all!
"Logic is the art of non-contradictory identification"......" I am therefore Ill think"
Ayn Rand
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
Aristotle

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:28 pm

It appears the recent outage had an adverse effect on all of the images within the Origins of Myth forum.

The only way apparent to fix this glitch would be to re-post (or edit) every post, uploading the images again as we go. Images are essential for the explanation of the mythology associated with EU and the majority of posts become meaningless without them.

As Dave Talbott is currently experiencing a very heavy workload on other matters it will be quite some time before proper attention will be able to be applied to both fixing and updating the mythology forum, so it has been decided to remove it for now until such time as we can give it the attention required.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience which this may cause.

Dave Smith
Forum Administrator.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007

MattEU

Unread post by MattEU » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:34 pm

Is this forum going to start or did it start then stop?

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:47 pm

Giday Matt.
MattEU wrote:Is this forum going to start or did it start then stop?
It started, and then stopped. The posts which were there already have been mothballed until we reopen the forum. Some of the imagery was destroyed by a glitch, so we may yet have to rebuild it from scratch. Dave Talbott is currently working on a video presentation which will help in explaining the mythology and once that's complete, we'll open up the myth forum again but it will still be some time.

Cheers, Dave.

bradley

Unread post by bradley » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:23 pm

I guess the Mythology Forum..umm, is over.
The comparisons made w/plasma & headgear pictures in here really answered questions I didn't know I had! What book,video,article,with the same plasma+headgear pictures and explanations can I buy,beg,borrow or steal! I've been holding my breath for this thread to continue ever since the pictures got scrambled, thought that was kinda weird. I'm sure everyone's busy, but this forum was really special, seriously.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:17 am

hi bradley,
There are no plans for a revival of the old Mythology board.
If you have a specific (mythic or myth related) subject in mind, you could start a thread on the NIAMI board.

bradley

Unread post by bradley » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:54 am

In The Morning, nick c. Thanks for your response, not really looking to start a new thread as much as retrieve the specific information & photos that explained the headgear of various cultures in relation to the "tail" of Venus stretching towards Saturn. Are you aware of any EU material that has this info? I wish I would have saved the thread w/pics. While I can probably dig up something similiar, the presentation of both headgear & various phases of plasma illustrations were one in a million, simple, short & sweet, unlike this post. Is there anything in print that covers this specific material, exactly? Thank you for moderating these threads, I've found I learn more by listening than talking, so I appreciate the work ALL the moderators do here to keep everyone in line. Be good.