Please review the rules and guidelines of our forum.

New threads (topics) in the Announcements forum are only to be initiated by Forum Administrators. Of course, users are encouraged to post replies where appropriate.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Please review the rules and guidelines of our forum.

Unread post by davesmith_au » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:31 am

A reminder to all users of our forum, that this is the Thunderbolts.info forum and NOT the publishing house for all other theories of the universe.

All posts to the scientific parts of the forum should be confined to properly constructed scientific arguments either supporting or challenging published Electric Universe theory. The ONLY places we treat as exceptions to these guidelines is on "The Human Question" and "New Insights and Mad Ideas" boards.

Each board has a summary of the type of discussion which should take place thereon, and they are quite self-explanatory and should not need further clarification. Lately there have been a number of posts to some of the boards which are out of place and have had to be moved, merged, split, thereby interrupting the flow of otherwise meaningful discussions. A prime example at present of inappropriate discussion is on the "Electric Universe - Resources" board, in the Symbols of an Alien Sky thread.

The summary of the Electric Universe - Resources board says:
Books, journal articles, web pages, and news reports that can help to clarify the history and promise of the Electric Universe hypothesis.
Discussion of the Symbols of an Alien Sky video series has been highjacked by a discussion between two members about one of the members' own theories, which is quite incompatible with the topic of the thread, and with the scientific nature of Electric Universe theory in general. A scientific challenge would be one thing, but reference to an alternative theory which seems to have little if any independent support is entirely another matter.

Whilst a number of these types of posts have been moved lately, this example is being left where it is for now to show what NOT to do on our boards, as private prompting and moving of threads seems to be having little effect.

Out of respect for our hosts please could all users think twice before hitting the "submit" button if their post is contrary to the board on which it is being posted, or contrary to our purpose for being here.

Dave Smith,
Forum Administrator.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Re: Please review the rules and guidelines of our forum.

Unread post by davesmith_au » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:48 am

Thanks to those who made an effort to rearrange their discussions to a more appropriate part of the forum. I've now removed the errant posts to leave the original Symbols thread to what it was intended for.

Dave.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:06 pm

This notice is to be read and understood by all members of the forum.

As we enter 2010 we will be "cleaning up" the forum quite a bit. This will involve locking of current threads which are off-topic and deleting new threads which ignore our rules and guidelines. This has become a necessary event as people here have taken more liberties with their discussions than what would be considered reasonable.

We are all here as guests of the Thunderbolts Project and as such should be respecting the rules and guidelines of the forum. It is essentially an Electric Universe forum, and should not involve itself in deep discussions of the theories of others not connected with EU.

The reach of the Thunderbolts Project continues to grow and as we garner more interest from the scientific community it is essential that we constrain our discussions to published and relevant materials and seek to maintain a level of integrity to our enquiries deserving of scientific discussion.

Whilst self-moderation has been trialled here, it has been a dismal failure if some of the discussions are anything to go by. Please consider this both a first and final word on the subject, if your discussion is not related to EU in some meaningful and scientifically sound manner, it may be deleted. There is nothing stopping those who would like a broader discussion from contacting other members privately, or from starting their own forum.

Dave Smith.
Forum Administrator.

MattEU

Unread post by MattEU » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:36 pm

Hello,

We all respect the work that the founders (and regulars) of this forum and the EU Theory people have done and understand the why for these steps that will be implemented. The integrity of the forum and the EU Theory is a priority to all of us. Essential to help either convert or not scare away mainstream academics and scientists.

But a lot of the people who understand and appreciate the simplicity of the EU Theory are the man in the street with no PHD. The amazing thing about the EU is that so many topics can be "related". Will the other boards like "Mad Ideas" and "Human Question" allow discussion on things that are only slightly related to the EU Theory, or, might not be but we don't know until we have posted them on this forum and discussed them?

I respected the efforts of the Thunderbolts enough that I have set up another forum to discuss EU related ideas and things that I did not want to "pollute" the integrity of the thunderbolts. Mainly investigations that I have done but ,not being an authority on the EU, did not want to associate my work with thunderbolts incase it put them in to disrepute.

If anyone is interested then the forum and chat can be found here. It is based on EU Theory but there are fringe things.

Anyway, here is to 2010 and the decade of the Electric Universe !

Harry Costas

Unread post by Harry Costas » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:04 am

G'day

Can you rename this part of the Forum to New Insights and have a seperate Forum for MAD ideas.

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:09 am

All members please note, the rules and guidelines of our forum have been altered, an important new section has been added:
Forum Rules and Guidelines wrote:

Posting Limits

In order to better manage both your own posting habits and for readers to be able to follow discussions more easily, and to assist moderators and administrators to manage the boards, it has become necessary for us to introduce posting limits. We ask all contributors to follow these guidelines:

Do not start more than two new threads in any one day.

Do not make more than three to six posts in any one day. Three is preferred, six would be the maximum allowing for answers to members who have posed a question to another particular member.

Members seeking to flood our forums with flippant or nonsensical posts may find both their posts and membership deleted. Other members should find the above guidelines helpful in causing them to "think before you post" and make posts more succinct and relevant to the discussion at hand.

Quite simply, the above equates to "don't bite off more than you can chew" and "make your posts count".
Should be pretty self-explanatory to all.

Dave Smith.
Forum Administrator.

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:31 pm

Harry Costas » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:04 am
G'day

Can you rename this part of the Forum to New Insights and have a seperate Forum for MAD ideas.

An interesting idea

s

moses

Unread post by moses » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:23 am

I too feel that renaning the NIMI section to perhaps 'Speculations' or some such would more fit the general idea that the administrators want to convey. I'm sure that they do not really want mad ideas posted.
Mo

fosborn

Unread post by fosborn » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:41 am

davesmith_au wrote:All members please note, the rules and guidelines of our forum have been altered, an important new section has been added:

Posting Limits[/b]

Do not make more than three to six posts in any one day. Three is preferred, six would be the maximum allowing for answers to members who have posed a question to another particular member.

Members seeking to flood our forums with flippant or nonsensical postsmay find both their posts and membership deleted. Other members should find the above guidelines helpful in causing them to "think before you post" and make posts more succinct and relevant to the discussion at hand.

quote]

Should be pretty self-explanatory to all.

Dave Smith.
Forum Administrator.
Ouch! I went through and hit the report button on any of my post that might have fallen in the flippant /nonsensical category. I did refrain form some nonsensical stuff, it made sense at the time I posted it, kinda of stuff.
:(
If anyone spots one of mine I missed, let me know and I will deal with it. Thanks.

sjw40364

Unread post by sjw40364 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:32 pm

I think that such requests are nothing but reasonable, especially treating others with respect. Countless times in other forums when I have presented ideas that contradicted accepted theory the opposition has resorted to name calling and rudeness as if that justifies their claims. Such is as far from scientific as one could get, I can only be thankful that burning at the stake is no longer allowed, else I would not be here to post this :D . Those maintaining this site are trying to get word of the EU to the public, to the young people that are the future of our scientific endeavors. Let's not teach them that such behavior is an accepted behavior when ones theory is questioned. Reason, not attacks on ones personal nature is the only thing that will ever prevail. No one has ever agreed with another viewpoint when they are being personally attacked, it only brings up barriers to any evidence presented by the attacker or anyone else. It places obstacles in the way of knowledge, ones that no one can get through no matter how convincing is the argument. The fastest way to get your idea rejected no matter how valid it is, is by personally attacking those that disagree.

Scott MC

Unread post by Scott MC » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:35 am

I suggest a forum topic named 'electric plasma geography' to help foster this, imho, neglected area :D
99.999+% of everything can't be that simple, can it?

Velison1

Unread post by Velison1 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:02 pm

I am a new "poster"; still have not figured out how to post a question. Please HELP !!!

Goldminer

Unread post by Goldminer » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:25 pm

Velison1 wrote:I am a new "poster"; still have not figured out how to post a question. Please HELP !!!
Welcome and don't be intimidated!

At the top of the "board index" is a header with the button you need for starters. Some thing like this:

Board index
Change font size

User Control Panel (0 new messages) • View your posts FAQ/ Members/ Logout [ Goldminer ]

Press the FAQ button.
I sense a disturbance in the farce.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:35 pm

Hi Velison1,
Welcome to the forum!
I am not sure what you mean. Obviously you know how to make a post and can type, so are you inquiring on how to start a new thread?
If so,
-go to the "board index", this is where each of the ten boards are listed
-click on the appropriate board for your post ("Announcements", "Electric Universe",... and so on to.... "New Insights and Mad Ideas")
-underneath the board title, you will see a button called "new topic."
-click it and make your post, starting a new thread. Note that you have to put in a subject title for your thread.

If this does not answer your question send me a PM (private message) describing the problem. If I cannot answer it, we will find someone who can.

Nick

Velison1

Unread post by Velison1 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:09 pm

Thanks Nick C. That helped a bunch.