Dwardu Cardona (1936-2016) Rest In Peace

New threads (topics) in the Announcements forum are only to be initiated by Forum Administrators. Of course, users are encouraged to post replies where appropriate.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

nick c
Site Admin

Dwardu Cardona (1936-2016) Rest In Peace

Unread post by nick c » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:47 pm

Sad to announce that author and prominent catastrophist, Dwardu Cardona has passed away in the early hours of July 27, 2016.
He had many friends in the Electric Universe/Thunderbolts community and will be missed.

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Re: Dwardu Cardona (1936-2016) Rest In Peace

Unread post by davesmith_au » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:46 pm

This is indeed very sad news. Having read all of Dwardu's published works I can say that never in my experience have I come across another published scholar with the tenacity, balance, and intellectual integrity as Dwardu.

He had an uncanny ability to bring together knowledge, research, and speculation and output well-considered and inspiring hypotheses. Together with several other EU scholars, the work of Dwardu was particularly instrumental in my gaining an understanding of catastrophist ideas which I would otherwise have likely brushed aside.

He was not perfect and was the first to admit it, but he was truly a great scholar and one of the giants upon whose shoulders future researchers will stand. He will be sorely missed.

With respect and admiration, Dave Smith.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster