The Master Of Light - Albert A Michelson

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

crawler

The Master Of Light - Albert A Michelson

Unread post by crawler » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:33 pm

A biography written by Dorothy Michelson Livingston in 1973.
I very much enjoyed reading this book, Michelson being an aether hero of mine.
I see that a signed & dedicated ex-family copy of the book is available cheaply on ebay. I nearly bort it but ended up getting an even cheaper book. There are scientists out there who would get more pleasure from owning a signed book than would i.

Unfortunately the book is partly spoiled by the hand of Robert S Shankland "who kindly edited my account of the experiments:". Shankland is the guy who fraudulently in i think 1955 reported that the aetherwind found in Miller-Morley's MMXs was due to temperature not aetherwind, & thusly ushered this prezent ugly modern Dark Age of science (the age of Einsteinology).

Again & again & again in the book Shankland makes sure that Michelson's MMXs are described as being null with respect to any aether or aetherwind. Strangely Shankland (via his edits) again & again gives Michelson credit for prooving the truth of Einsteinology, & for being some kind of pioneer of Einsteinology. Whereas Michelson allways believed in aether, & had zero love of STR & GTR.