can plasma selforganization retain shape after rapid freeze?

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

J485P

can plasma selforganization retain shape after rapid freeze?

Unread post by J485P » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:32 am

Does plasma self-organization from electric current retain shape after rapid freeze? This here is electron photograph from Stubblefield and Brinkley, 1967 (source), showing what they called a "central vesicle" and "inner helix". I was thinking that maybe what you are seeing is plasma self-organization from strong magnetic field in centriole as a "molecular dynamo", en electric current with "central plasmoid". Cannot think of anything else that forms that structure.

I was wondering if anyone knows if an electric current in plasma self-organization, forming a "central plasmoid", could be retained even after cell is frozen for photography (I think you are seeing slice of centriole in image below, and cell was frozen very rapidly. ) If the quality of image is low, see original in Stubblefield and Brikley's PDF uploaded to docdroid. This forum seems like it would have a few experts on exactly that.