Do ordinary clocks suffer Lorentz Ticking Dilation?

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

crawler

Re: Do ordinary clocks suffer Lorentz Ticking Dilation?

Unread post by crawler » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:22 am

Cargo wrote:What's an ordinary clock? Springs, Weights, SunDials, Atoms?

Time is irrelevant anyway. After all, if we can assume the Now is real, then the time it is here, is the same time every where. Right Now, it may be 3PM Earth UTC, and if I was on Pluto right now, it would also be exactly 3PM Earth UTC.

And if, by whatever method, I traveled from Pluto to Earth, in 10 minutes. It would then be 3:10 on Earth, 3:10 on Pluto, and I spent 10 minutes telling you about it.
Yes time does not exist, except in the present instant of time, which is universal.
An ordinary clock is every kind of macro clock. It does not include micro clocks, eg atomic clocks (there might be others).
I hav not given much thort to astronomical clocks, ie super-macro clocks, eg sundials. Earthly length contraction (due to change in aetherwind kmps & angle) would affect the shape & hencely the spin rate of Earth on a sidereal basis, & hencely would affect timing for star obs (but orbit rate would probly not be much affected).

fencewalker

Unread post by fencewalker » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:11 pm

@crawler... absolute reference frame is a new term for me. could u post a link of what ur understanding of it is?

crawler

Unread post by crawler » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:21 pm

fencewalker wrote:@crawler... absolute reference frame is a new term for me. could u post a link of what ur understanding of it is?
The ARF or AFR gets a mention in google. I would home in on papers by Reginald Cahill.
Sometimes called the preferred reference frame (PRF).
In this frame the speed of the aetherwind iz zero kmps. However it is not a universal frame, it is only local, koz az we neoLorentz Relativists know the aether is not stagnant it is free-range & hencely blows in all kinds of direction & at all kinds of speeds at any one location on Earth etc & varys with time, throo-out in each cosmic cell throo-out the universe (google the DSSU by Conrad Ranzan).

Mass speed velocity size etc are absolute in the ARF, in any other frame they might hav a different value or might appear to.

crawler

Unread post by crawler » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:03 am

Re my mention of DePalma's ticking tests near a spinning wheel, here is a link.
He shows that the accutron tuning fork watch lost most time when it was orientated with what i would call W of the fork being in the plane of the spin axis & at the same time perpendicular to the axis, whereas my theoretical calcs say that an L orientation would be maximal (as i mentioned earlier), if the axis of the fork was parallel to the axis of the wheel, & it would be a gain not a loss.

DePalma mentions using a frequency counter for quicker results. And he mentions two cardinal orientations, forgetting that there is a third (D). However my calcs for the effect of a D orientation show that the ticking dilation must be zero (ie the depth of a fork duznt affect its rate, hencely the length contraction of the depth D duznt affect its rate).

https://depalma.pairsite.com/Absurdity/ ... ction.html

crawler

Unread post by crawler » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:20 am

I had another look at the aforementioned 2:16:10 youtube footage of DePalma & his N machine.
At 25:54 he said that the Accutron Manual said that the tuning fork was 4.5 sec slower or faster (he wasn't sure which) over a day if the fork was vertical instead of horizontal.
My calcs of the effect of the aetherwind show that the wind can give a gain of 3/8th sec per day if vertical instead of horizontal (due to relativistic length contraction of the tuning fork affecting its length or its width)(made up of 1 sec gain in 4.16 days plus 1 sec loss in 8.32 days). So there might be some other contributing reason why a tuning fork can change its humming by that there huge 4.5 sec per day.